Tell us what accessories you'd like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Megzilla, Feb 21, 2019.

1. ScytheMisterNate23 New Player

[IMG]
    Dragon Flame Spirit!
  2. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Accessory versions of the power types with variants like fire 1 2 & 3 temporal etc. With say fire swirling around your body with different patterns and or changeable colors or locations like hands torso and so on where it would be like a version of the runic hands or something of the sorts.
    • Like x 1
  3. I3eleth Well-Known Player

A crime bible or book of parallax behind you or orbiting you or multiple behind your torso region that opens and potentially the pages begin to flip and glow as you use powers or precision.
    • Like x 2
  4. Space Zero Funked New Player

Why not take the summer event "Kite" trinkets and turn them into accessories, I would find them myself more useful ! also other aesthetic trinkets like the helicopter and blimp from the market place, trinkets like these should be a thing of the past imo.
    • Like x 2
  5. I3eleth Well-Known Player

Iconic accessories when you have a batman equipped you look like batman but wouldnt mess up your l/o
  6. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

i want the option to have 2 accessories surely it can be done were in 2020 after all
  7. BlackJak New Player

how about extending the names to 3 words instead of 2, also how about allowing hyphens when creating a name, its getting extremely limited xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBATMANxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  8. The Great Atlas New Player

"I think most people have accidentally deleted an item.

Before the last two content updates were released, I made a pretty simple statement in the testing forum. Expect more accidental delete support tickets, more accidental salvage support tickets. Expect more work for your staff.

Why?

#1 the menu system in this game is already terrible. You can never see your whole inventory at once. In the real world of functional menus, right clicking on an item gives you options. Right clicking here locks your inventory target. I've never seen anything like that -- beyond counter-intuitive.

#2 You can accidentally lock on items that stay highlighted -- especially when in your bank inventory... your mouse can still move around and click on other things sometimes, even with a highlighted item. Since you can't see your whole menu, you can be locked down on something that you've scrolled past and never even know you are locked down on it.

#3 Rather than being able to simply delete items from your inventory with a delete menu bound to the item itself (most games do this with a right click of the mouse), you basically have to drag the item off the screen or down into the tiny red trash can.

#4 Delete Confirmation says, "Are you sure you want to delete this item?" Let's answer that dumb question with a question... "What item?" The menu can't even tell you what item you are deleting. It is simply a "this item."

Finally, I said to expect more tickets because of the way they set up the new gear colors. I don't know if green, blue, purple, and orange are the only remaining colors in the Universe or not. I could have been hit by sunspots or something, but I think red, yellow, and even something called "aquamarine" are still in existence.

Making green gear default for "stinky" gear over a two year time span, made the green gear in the T5 solos confusing. Making blue gear default for "one step from stinky" gear over a two year time span, made getting a CR85, CR86, CR87 blue piece highly confusing. The fact that they all share the same color is quite confusing.

Expect accidental deletions. Expect accidental salvages. Expect more support tickets.

How do we combat this problem at DCUO? Do we make it hard for the community to make these kinds of mistakes? I DUNNO MAYBE ADD A LOCK KEY TO ITEMS WE WANT TO KEEP?

No, we make a policy in which deleted items will not be returned to players when accidentally deleted. Not the best business move.

Because we know these simple things -- 1) deleted items are replaceable with a little grind; 2) millions of dollars in deleted exobytes is replaceable with a little grind; 3) unfortunately, customer loyalty is replaceable too, all because a person is grinding out something that a GM should simply stick back in their inventory. And in this tough market, I would think taking care of the player community would be to advantage of all."

This was posted by someone 7 years ago.... Instead of new cosmetics or new items or new episodes. How about we get some QoL, a little tender love. A new UI. coding restrictions are a thing understandably this is a fairly older game now, But it's menu's and lack of cumstomization on the UI have and always will be the major downfall of this game. If you were to do a revamp to the UI on this game i guarantee you a surge of players will come! More players equal more revenue. First you will see a resurgence of classic players. As a returner myself I'm reminded of how good the combat in this game is, if that was coupled with a more streamlined and more over user driven UI. Game would go from the 7 it is to a 9. We're talking Completely customizable UI, Lockable items, Multiple quest/feat tracking systems. These are what players need, not what they want. When these issues are corrected Then bring on the episodes, because boys and girls you aren't lacking in content.

Stamen was the original poster "."
  9. Lord Arctic New Player

Powertype accessories for sure. Or comicbook effects
  10. Space Zero Funked New Player

My response in blue^
    Also this is the wrong thread for this kind of a post, we are discussing accessories here..thank you for your opinion nonetheless !
  11. Shattered_Past Well-Known Player

Might be a perfect addition if you wanted to make an Lyssa Drak

[IMG]

• Like x 2
  12. Brit Loyal Player

The head-wings and foot-wings both show that it is possible for the accessory to touch the model, instead of always floating a few feet away.

So I recommend BEARDS as Accessories, that way I can have a beard while using any of the new hairstyles.
  13. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

I know its not an accessory but there isnt anywhere to put it...but could we have orbitals or even supply drops based on your power? That would be really cool
    • Like x 1
  14. GrimmMalbogia New Player

I'm not sure where else to post this, but it would be cool if there were more Skins, or something for the pets. It would be nice for everyone to not have the same robot sidekick. Same for the power dedicated pets. If nothing else allow use to put materials over them to give them a unique look.
    • Like x 1
  15. DrakeBall Well-Known Player

i know im being greedy but.. i want the ability to have 2 Accessory's at the same time
  16. Legoman Active Player

I know this is not technically considered to be a accessory but what about custom titles. Of course they would not be able to be the same as existing titles and it should be hard to get, like collecting all of the existing titles or something of the sort.
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

How about the Two-Face PvP Coin effect. It flips around and randomly gives you one side or the other. But if you're in combat you get a menacing aura effect around the bad side of the coin when you're hitting a character. And keeps flipping to the bad side until you're out of combat.
  18. I3eleth Well-Known Player

How about an accessory that when equipped makes you look like the corresponding hero/villain the accessory is tied to possibly make it an Lpve reward to bring relevency to it either as a rare drop or a item you get from the mail when you finish the "run as flash 500 times" feats. It'd be purely cosmetic and wouldn't interfere with gear or load outs or trinket slots.
  19. The Jeff Well-Known Player

Not sure if this would constitute an accessory or not, but here's my suggestion. Some way of skinning that robotic sidekick to match mentors/playstyles. I get that it's a viable DPS option and many people run with it, but a robot? Really? A way to change its appearance to match personal taste would be great so people can adequately theme their character. Spirits, imps, golems, orbs (think DnD Ioun stones or Titan's T spheres), etc. There is already a lot of variation with costumes, sidekicks, henchmen, and orbital strikes to match player flavor preference but if you want the sidekick iconic, it's the same robot for everyone.
  20. Cosmos Girl Well-Known Player

Well. I think driveable vehicles are pass due in this game, not talking about base items. In open world or even mission created specific for vehicles would be great. Even if its a trinket or accessory transformation. I believe the game already does player transformations into zombies, robot, etc. Vehicles themselves can be customizable with styles, accessories, etc. possibly add $ value for developers.
    • Like x 2