Please can we get the upcoming Death Metal comic event as a trilogy of episodes for DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Jun 10, 2020.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

One episode is not enough, and after the absence of The Devastator, Grim Knight and Murder Machine in the Metal episodes, I don't think two episodes would be enough either.

These sorts of events would involve various factions in the DC universe/multiverse, and looking at the teasers for Death Metal it would be an interesting basis for episodes going forward.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/dc-adds-3-new-titles-death-metal-event-1297767

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-comics-dark-nights-death-metal-one-shots-scott-snyder/#3

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/02/12/dark-nights-death-metal-melting-faces-this-may

This would be awesome, and lots of possibilities for both iconics, instances, mechanics, styles, and more. :)
    • Like x 2
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

in about a year, yeah, by all means. but we've just had two Metal episodes on the bounce. time for something else. time to lighten things up a bit. but down the line? sure, why not? just about a year ( year & a half ) down the line, at the very very least. there's a whole universe of places we haven't been to yet, people we haven't met yet, in-game. Rann, Danny the Street, the Dreaming, Skataris, Mars, etc. Doom Patrol, the Legion, the Challengers, Kamandi, etc. there's a lot of stuff out there. let's not be going back too soon.
    • Like x 5
  3. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Yeah I wouldn't expect it for a while at least (besides maybe a Time Capsule or something). The first Death Metal issue is out next week I think, and other issues in September. But posting this now since it takes time for the devs to work on episodes going forward. Could definitely be an idea for 2021 starting with Episode 39 or 40 maybe.
    • Like x 2
  4. Draconiano Committed Player

I don't see it happening anytime soon, I would like it though.
    • Like x 1
  5. Darth Piper Loyal Player

You'll run into several issues:
    • What does the licensing agreement actually say regarding these things?
    • Upcoming DC Comics-based movie or new TV/streaming/live action show? You are likely to see a DLC that rides off of that because this is essentially free advertising for DC Comics.
    • Upcoming release of a new or updated character (set) in DC Comics? See above regarding the movie or show.
    Essentially a lot of this centers on getting DC Comics to say, "Go ahead!"
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just want to fight Tyrannosaurus Batman.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I want him as a sidekick.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Batman is no one's sidekick.
    • Like x 4
  9. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

That would be cool as a raid boss or a bounty :D

It would probably be in a Gotham Wastelands reskin or something. Maybe at daytime with an orangey sunset/sunrise. Or a cross between Gotham Wastelands and Oolong Island. With real pterodactyls.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

The Batman Who Laughs’ remains are conspicuously absent after the battle with Barbatos, so the potential for Metal part 3 is there.
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

https://www.ign.com/articles/dc-dark-nights-death-metal-anti-crisis-batman-chainsaw-of-truth - an interesting read for sure! Wonder Woman and a Dr Manhattan-enhanced Wally West as the main protagonists here, with Batman having a major role too.

This would be a great episode to introduce Wally West if the devs were to, Wally West is my favourite Flash (the Flash that appeared in the DC animated universe (Justice League Unlimited etc).

They'd also have to introduce the Watchmen in some form too, given Dr Manhattan's role in all of this. And it would also tie into the WOTL storyline too.
  12. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

The whole last year was The Batman Who Laughs... I'd be fine without seeing this character used in the game for many years to come.
  13. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Something tells me he won't be used as much in this comic (more of a side plot). But it will be a sequel to that storyline. Lex Luthor becoming Alpha Lex (as happened in the Fire and Brimstone raid) is also tied into the Metal storyline a lot too especially if you have some knowledge of the comics following the Dark Knights: Metal series.

Again as I said before, this episode probably wouldn't be until at least 2021. The developers need time to plan ahead and work on stuff, this wouldn't be the next episode after BOP. Heck the whole Death Metal storyline hasn't been released and won't be until early next year, this is just the first issue that released yesterday.

Bare in mind also, the Metal/Death Metal storyline draws in various factions.

Metal Gotham City open world - Batman related (mostly)
    Scarlet Speedster solo - Flash related
    Batcave Breach alert - partly Batman related, partly Green Lantern related
    False Idols raid - Wonder Woman related
    Monsters of Metal raid - Batman related
    Thanagar open world - Hawkgirl related
    Batscape duo - Batman related
    Damage Control alert - partly Green Lantern related, partly Aquaman related
    The Phoenix Cannon raid - mostly Hawkgirl related
    Into the Dark Multiverse raid - partly Hawkgirl related, partly Batman related

So while the storyline might be connected, the factions are a mix of different people from the DC universe.

I'd rather have Legion of Super Heroes sooner, that would also be a good way to draw in Mordru and how Gotham got invaded by tentacles in JLD, some loose ends on that storyline at the moment - and its the only episode I remember various people asking for lots that we haven't had an episode for yet a few years back (when we used to have Q&A on Discord) (we had Crime Syndicate, Teen Titans, Atlantis, JLD which were the other 4 storylines many wanted).
  14. Doomsday234 Well-Known Player

As much as I want the episode the devs told me they can’t speak of future episodes so don’t try get your hopes up now
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Even though we haven't had an episode for this comic yet the Wonder verse episode does bare some similarities to some of the previews I've seen regarding Wonder Woman in the Death Metal stuff. Should be interesting.
  16. Jackster Developer

I'd say it's a safe bet - Metal is one of my all time favorite DC crossovers - the Dark Knight statues are right outside my office, for example.
    • Like x 7
  17. MrMigraine Devoted Player

And you're going to use this as an opportunity to add Wally into the game, right? RIGHT?!
    • Like x 2
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I guess I shouldn't keep holding my breath waiting for that Legion of Super-Heroes Episode Trilogy.

I'll get Proty to do it for me.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  19. hugojheredia Active Player

First please adapt Scott Snyder's No Justice:
    [IMG]

and then everything that can be adapted from the Justice League of Snyder himself ...
    [IMG]

and then yes ... Death Metal.
  20. mynch457 Well-Known Player

This is DLC I want the most right now! I have my fingers cross that this is INDEED in the line for a future DLC by the end of the year or early next year
    • Like x 3