Devs, We Have to Help New Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Light Bender92, May 29, 2020.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

The tl;dr:

Largely, Daybreak work with a number of licences. A Licence to use DC properties. A Licence to use the Nintendo API as a development platform. A Licence to use the Sony API as a development platform. A licence to use XBox API as a platform.

All of these things cost money.

Have you ever wondered why some items are "Not Tradeable Across Platforms"?

Money.

Now consider your market share. The platform on which it will be played, and that you get to interfere with development if you don't feel it is best serving you.

The reason Daybreak don't do things is slightly different to why SOE did not - and why SiebenSat7 did not. They were not given the freedom to do so. Daybreak have their own reasons. Mostly, I imagine, because they are now stripped down to the core, it would take some guys off DLC and imagination, and people like Torikumu, and MAGNETO are already doing a better job than they could hope for.

Why try?
  2. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I made three new friends yesterday alone and all but two after 30 were lost on what to do . They wanted to know how to earn source marks they were also hero's to. That has nothing to do with it of course just saying most people start there I know I did .

I told them running on duty content and also doomed metro and Bop content is your best bet atm. But this again is something I'm seeing allot with new player's. I did tell them and will remind them avoid CR skips like a Toxic plant for the moment because they are not ready for that .
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Personally I don't know if I'd tell them to avoid the CR skips totally. Ultimately that's their choice to make on their own account. However, I would give them fair warning on all the potential pitfalls that can come with using them. That way they can at least make an informed decision about whether or not it's the right move for them.
    • Like x 1
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah you make a great point .