A new healer shield artifact

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheEnforcer1, May 23, 2020.

1. TheEnforcer1 New Player

Since there was no new healer artifact, it be nice to have a healer 4 player shield artifact. At 120 add an addictional shield to a 5th player and maybe at 160 another shield to a 6th player or someting similar. Now if yall want it can go up to 8 players at 160.
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I have a feeling you’re going to get a lot of support from the nature community lol.
    • Like x 3
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

There was a time we had a shield meta. Mechanics were ignored left and right because we had too many shields with EoG, general shield strength and so on. I don't want any of that back. Adding an Artifact that would give groups an additional shield seems wrong.
    • Like x 3
  4. Schimaera Devoted Player

I am Nature and I don't support it. ^^ I do perfectly fine with Nature. Page of Destiny and Orb of Arion are the only things that we really needed. The Orb counters our lack of Burst heals and the Page of Destiny is gold with enough stacks in sticky situations.

With an artifact like in the opening post, the maximum amount of shields would be:

- Atomic Tank's 8man
    - Controllers 8man
    - Electricity's 8man
    - Healer's 4man
    - Artifacts up-to-8-man
    keeping in mind that the EoG is still around theoretically still pushing the three SC shields. No matter the strength, people would again start ignoring not-one-shot mechanics and some one-shotting ones as well.

No thanks.
    • Like x 2
  5. krytine Loyal Player

Maybe not add a shield but add a hot to those with shields to those around them and a burst to those in shields. Then at max level if someone uses thier own shield the healer art would add on to it with heals
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Altered suggestion -> Burst Heal when shield breaks due to damage.
    This actually would be interesting, gives some sort of savety net against big damage spikes but without adding new shields.
    • Like x 3
  7. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Coming from a water heal point of view, I'm not personally for this idea. It would make Water healing fairly cheesy having the 4-man shield, 8-man shield in bubble/tempest guard, and then this kind of artefact. This would be very OP if we get another SM again (even 8 man) I'm also trying out different load outs/setups for water healing currently without being too reliant on shields and dominance stat, focusing more on restoration side a little.

It would also create an issue with content difficulty. Would the devs then have to implement attacks in every alert or raid that go through shields? Would having a healer with this artefact make running content easier still? Would it be possible for group members to take damage with a water healer having this artefact and rotating shields appropriately?

Additionally, given the artefacts we already have in-game for healing, this sort of artefact would be VERY situational depending on the player and power - and the content of the episode in question.

For me personally this sort of artefact would be too cheesy. It might work for tanks also but again it would be cheesy.
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I am a nature healer and I was actually talking about this with a friend I like the sound of this alottttt. I thought about a art for more shields but realized it will just make some folks ingnore too much and as always expect us healers to heal them through there dumb decesions during alerts or raids.

My main healers arts are all 200 and I see some player's inspect my toon and already go crazy and do stupid crap lol . So a shield art to add more shields would in raids make some folks do dumb crap.

The devs should add a 8 man shield to Nature's SC regeneration make health Regen and add a shield and make it a 10k SC and call it a day easy fix.
  9. Cyro Committed Player

I would be for this artifact for the simple reason that batuba would likely do a balance pass on healer shields which in my opinion is much needed :p

With this idea i feel like there would need to be a drawback like with orb, so perhaps an increased cooldown on shields or make the shields weaker. In my opinion it would be too overpowered with just 6 person shield no drawbacks, we already have trolls running scrap being able to use their sc shield every 23 seconds then healers being able to cycle 6 person shield and use scrap plus eye to use the sc shield would make content even more of a mess.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What if they received the immolation treatment. They cover more people but can no longer cover full damage. Kinda a risk reward.

Something else to consider is if this is a healer only artifact. Can it be used by a tank (ice) and have it cover 2 other people.

IE if a healer uses it it covers 2 additional people for a total of 6. Will a tank be able to use it and cover 2 additional people for a total of 3. So a tank popping their own personal shield and 2 others getting a shield. Or a troll popping their personal and covering 2 others.

If it’s only for healers than the healer shields would have to be recoded to be called “Healer Shields” while other shields will be called “Shields”.

If others can use it than another idea could be to have the shields be set aside from the normal shield. IE the person using HLS for example will have that shield unaffected while the artifacts spawns 2 additional shields with its own base multiplier.
  11. Cyro Committed Player

I thought about that but the issue with those kind of shields are that they arent as effective in normal content since shields tend to last their full duration during normal or close to it but for elite they would be highly beneficial since shields in elite only last one or two hits so i think there would have to be another drawback like they only shield 35% damage or they dont last as long. there is a reason gemstone has been regarded as the best tank shield for so long and its because you can have it let in a portion of damage which is far better in elite, also because of the way it works in general

I do like the idea of tanks being able to use it to shield other people because im not a fan of the tanks only job is to be a punching bag i miss the days of breakouts being able to cleanse debuffs and earth being able to absorb a portion of the damage received from the person taking the most amount of damage.

Dont get me wrong its fun i just wish content we had more mechanics besides staying alive, i am completely ok with content being made easier on tanks in exchange for a bigger role in keeping the group alive through methods like damage transfer or cleansing
  12. Brit Loyal Player

If they were going to make a shield focused Artifact, I think I would prefer to see something along the lines of the Solar Amplifier, where it increased the Green Lantern Shield iconic power specifically, and they could entirely control and throttle how it would work equally for all powersets.
    • Like x 1
  13. Psyfur Well-Known Player

So happy with my healer and artifacts. I can’t think of anything that would make it better.
    • Like x 1
  14. asdfoioriginal New Player

Don't forget Sorc's 8 man and Water's 8 man
  15. asdfoioriginal New Player

I play all the healer powersets. Actually, the biggest change I want is for there to be a 50% Electric healing Supercharge. It makes no sense that given Electric's current state, that the powerset has TWO 100% healing SCs.
    • Like x 1