I have a damage low problem and not what the reason is

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by metro2k, May 5, 2020.

1. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The last part is not true. A prec dps who only does weapon attacks can not out dps a prec dps who supplements the weapon attack with might abilities. This is why you have to spec might AFTER prec is maxed out. Most prec dps fun only weapon attacks because they were told to do so. This is a myth.
  2. Fwames Well-Known Player

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread but in the recent arguments posted above it seems that there are two conflicting thoughts.

As the OP stated he plays like a "hybrid" dps, although, the problem lies in his current setup. As established by the previous criticism his artifacts and SP allocations do not match. Might artifacts and Prec SP.

Since he wants to play as a "hybrid" dps and the closest to hybrid is specializing into "weapon mastery" as stated above. What artifacts, sp allocation, elec loadout and rotation would be the most appropriate for him?

Considering that the build doesn't really have to equate to a dps god, rather just be "competitive".

I heard that shield clips are great for these kind of playstyle.
  3. Robot Savage Level 30

So clearly you're confused cause i didnt say prec only use weapon buff.
    I said prec dpses normaly cast 3 powers as a roation, ( damage over time, weapon buff, a power to cancel the animation of the other 2powers typically called clipping ) and do weapon combos.
    Next time be sure to fully read. Im full 200art prec and i can out damage any dps in raid easy so i know what im talking about.

What i meant by there is no such thing as a prec might hybrid was more on skill points specing and augment specing, arts.
    If a prec dps say only 350Sp and decides to spec 150Skill points into prec and might, that makes no sense and will lack in the precison stat. If you are prec you NEED to spec fully into prec and the rest do what you want might health.
  4. Robot Savage Level 30

The main soul purpose of a dps is to do the game mechanics in order to advance in the raid, but this is often lost and we get stuck with dpses that only sit there and damage anything in sight and completely ignore mechanics and in turn often hurts the group.
    Hybrid dpses are common, what they lack in damage they are often the ones who are unselfish and hop on raid mechanics.
    Virtually every prec power uses the same loadout so a simple YT search will stir him in the right direction.

I belive its Genesis, weapon buff, priority heal, ( uses to clip all 3 powers into one short animation) and the electric damage buff Supercharge is 2nd only to rage's damage buffsupercharge

But there is one problem in his choice of 3 Artifacts, Tetrahedron is a Might Artifact, Solar Amp is a Might Artifact and Grim is both, so he's best choice will be just leaving prec and committing into being a might bases dps. He's damage out put will surely increase
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I know exactly what you meant and I still say that’s wrong. In your other post where you posted obsidians loadout, that will not reach max damage at all.

The standard loadout that most prec dps use are a damaging ability, a weapon buff, a shield to clip with, robot sidekick, a sc, and another shield of phase dodge. This works for st when you are doing flurry shot and stopping flurry shot looses damage so you want the bare minimum. However for aoe damage this just doesn’t work. If you are as good as you claim you are than you’d now this.

In electrics case you will want genesis, wired, arc, Tesla ball, robot sidekick, and circuit breaker. After each explosive shot you would alternate between arc lightning and Tesla ball. You would need the accelerated Tesla ball back mod to do this. Using both arc and Tesla you can clip the very end of the animation of explosive shot and still get the damage from it. Instead most prec dps will just hit explosive shot over and over until their weapon buff is up. Doing this you won’t reach max damage.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Unfortunately, there’s no way to be a pure hybrid DPS and do even decent damage. You pretty much have to either have to be pure might, or pure precision. The closest to hybrid that can be effective is precision based (precision artifacts, precision augments, maxed precision spec) and clipping in a might power or two with the weapon buff.

However, your artifacts lend much better towards might and since the artifacts are the hardest to level up, that should probably be your focus. Respec your skill points to superpowered, max out damage crits (no other crits) max out Might/Power and put the rest in to health. Run all might augments and replace your precision base mods with might base mods.

If you’d rather focus on precision, still do everything I just said but switch the words “might” and “precision” and spec weapons expert instead of superpowered. Hybrid spec is only for support roles. I know the name is confusing, they really should change that. But for now it is what it is. DPS should never spec hybrid.
  7. metro2k Well-Known Player

thanks to all guys with your directions and videos now it's okay

the only doubt I have left is about yellow MODs.
    i use all vitalization 37.0 its ok?
    I am an electric DPS and I never use it as a healer
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Go with resto. Vit doesn’t affect how much power you get. But since arc is a must for both prec and might using resto will at least slight boost your arcs healing since even in dps it heals
  9. metro2k Well-Known Player

I was convinced that vitalization would reduce the superpowers' recharge time a bit.

thanks!
  10. UnbreakableII Well-Known Player

The only problem with this is that there is no DPS / Hybrid, of any power.
    Friend, your sp points are wrong, your mods, your base generators.
    You don't seem to understand how the mechanics of the game work even though you have a character with a high sp and cr at the end of the game.
    You need to change mods, you must choose between being precison or mighty, and because of your artifacts you are mighty however look, how insane, you barely put sp points in Mighty / power, incidentally, I don't even know how you use your powers without power in the status .
    I have seen in other answers many tutorials and explanations of how you can make your power really work.
    You can use what Pale Rage said just before me, use red base mods only in Mighty, use 2 power and 2 health, I would put everything in yellow but that hardly matters.
    Now something fundamental: FORGET YOUR WEAPON !!!!!
    By God, he uses his mighty attacks from the tray, uses powers and doesn't keep making weapon attacks, they are useless.
    You will never do exactly 50% weapon attacks and 50% power attacks, and even if you do you need to use dual wield with weapon mastery in arc to do damage, if you don't use it you won't do damage, even if it's full precision with artifacts, and don't come with "I use two handed weapon" because you can't use it and use powers, you can only go from Dual wield and without mastery and without spending 100% of the time attacking madly, frantically, without rest , you don't do any damage.
    So my tip is: follow what has already been said and ...
    IMMEDIATELY STOP HITTING WITH YOUR GUN.
    Please follow this, you will see how much it improves.
    • Like x 1
  11. metro2k Well-Known Player

I configured my character as you suggested and everything is fine now. thanks
    • Like x 1
  12. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

For Prec
    The Transformation Card, The Strategist card, Venom Wrist Dispenser.
    -Strategist card can be, subbed for another prec art

For might
    The Transformation Card, The Strategist card, Solar Amplifier.

-Might has plenty of setups you can use, but as you said, it depends on power. If you have a lot of SP Tetra will definitely be the better best choice for might.

A prec dps only focus is weapon attacks, so the prec dpses use typically 3 powers ( damage over time, weapon buff, a power to cancel the animation of the other 2powers typically called clipping ) and do weapon combos. IF this prec dps decides to start using powers only then that prec damage is severely interrupted and will lack behind in damage by a huge gap.

-Not necessarily true, it depends on whatever weapon is being used, but you always want to clip your weapon with a power if your a prec dps

A might dps only focus is using the best possible power rotation. Might dpses hardly ever use weapon attacks and if they do its cause they have an empty power bar if the troll is lacking or is dead. But with a reliable troll Might dpses have no worries.

-Might dps can clip a tap triangle attack with a might ability to increase damage.[/quote]
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I would say go half dominance and half resto in your yellow mods. Power interactions that pull, stun, etc, will be more effective with some better dominance. Your healing from Arc lighting, in dps role, will be minimally effective anyway.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There's a specific Dominance threshold for each instance to use CCs. As a DPS he will never reach that amount needed even if he specs into it.
  15. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

By CC's are you referring to long stuns like controller stuns? Because on my characters, I can pull (Eviscerating Chain, and stun for a brief moment), stun with Arc lighting, pull with Electrostatic bomb, etc: and my dominance is nowhere near spec.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Some powers CC without a Dom check but not all powers. For example Savage Growth for Nature does a knockdown regardless of your Dom.
    • Like x 1
  17. metro2k Well-Known Player

with your advice I do a lot of damage using the powers.
    My doubt about the yellow MOD is caused by the slowness in the recharge of the powers.
  18. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Glad the advice with your loadout helped!

Yes, the powers have some recharge timing, but that's with any power really.

Transformation, strategist, and solar amp make the first (adds) loadout I suggested do the best output. (Replace ionic drain with heat vision if you have that artifact leveled, or for future use).

If you ever have any questions about electricity, lemme know, I'm happy to help. I've got a solid healer loadout as well.
    • Like x 1