How did we get this lag fest?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stanktonia, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have a fix. We have logging and other ways to look at data on our end today that we hope will show us the cause.
    • Like x 2
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

I was under the assumption of it just being a server issue granted by the recent increase of population. However, that wouldn’t make since because you have certain instances that occur within a certain scene, or phase of an alert only, I.e. turret spawn during the amazo alert
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly... more lag in the Gotham Open World earlier tonight. :(

• Like x 1
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think that was everyone's initial assumption, but they added additional horsepower to the hardware about a week and a half ago and it didn't seem to have much of an impact. Overall lag did seem to be better tonight, for some reason.
  5. Wildcat Committed Player

Maybe Daybreak should consider changing internet provider or internet devices like network cards etc. :rolleyes:

Its a low connection lag, I had some of those back in 2013 when I was using low mobile phone connection (I was using mobile phone as a modem and router 2g/3g type connection) to play DCUO :D
  6. Brit Loyal Player

Very little lag on Nintendo Switch. Just sayin'...
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Very little population.
    • Like x 2
  8. Monkeyboy Committed Player

It's far from low connection lag. Assuming it's connection lag, that would be a gross error on their network engineer's part. The problem is with how the zones are clustered. Like PC, disconnects on entering is an issue of transferring "zones" and it timing out. I wouldn't be surprised if this lag is part of them testing some new configuration.
  9. TheBatmanFanBG Well-Known Player

The only moment when i saw some huge lag was in the alert mission when the turrets showed up in the Amazo boss fight! The raids are fine i didn't saw any lag!
  10. SilkyPawz Bunny

Hi Mepps,

I know you guys are investigating the lag, but I really do enjoy this DLC it's the most fun I had in a long time with any other prior DLC, I like the Dailies with the animal missions an overall it is a fun DLC for me personally. People are complaining it is reskinned ect, but I think you all did a great job with making a fun lighthearted DLC.

What is not fun is this lag, it's going on almost 3 weeks, it's not a few days but almost 3 weeks, your ruining a super fun dlc, at this point it is beyond annoying to unbearable to play, everything just lags, all instances , open world. I hope you will all fix this ASAP.
    • Like x 4
  11. crap zappa New Player

Any updates from mepps on when this will be resolved?
  12. kingxkhaos Well-Known Player

Hopefully you get it fixed but we're going on 3 weeks here of a barely playable game with no compensation or relief of our payments. A one time 200 art level up, month of legendary, in game cosmetics, new base. Something here mepps, we're all remaining loyal and still paying for something we can't use.
  13. Nezquick Level 30

Well, almost a month now. Any better updates that isn’t “we’ve implemented tools to help find the issue?” Don’t rush now, my sub has ended & won’t be renewed until this is fixed. You guys are quick to say “negative” feedback isn’t the way to have a conversation, but damn...constant bad updates also isn’t a way to run a game?????
  14. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

The league chat for one of my toons hasn't been working for almost a ear now. It works on my other 3 toons, but it's dsiabled on one of them. I've tried everything possible solution i can think of to fix this problem. And I'm not the only person in game having this problem. Is there a way to fix it?
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have a few leads from the weekend and are continuing to track this down.
    • Like x 4
  16. RoBotkin Well-Known Player

• Warning: Questions or concerns about forum guidelines or their enforcement should only be sent privately.
    Watch out, that could be interpreted as "challenging moderation" and could get you a warning or ban...
  17. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

This lag is frustrating for everyone playing. That's a given.
    But why are people being so rude and nasty to and about the devs? I don't get that. The lag wasn't planned. It wasn't intentional. They didn't do this on purpose. If this was just an easy fix, they'd have fixed it. They're not sitting back laughing and ignoring the problem. If they're not working fast enough for you, I suggest you learn programming, apply for a job with the company and help out. It seems to be easy to criticize and say they're not working fast enough when you don't know much about exactly what is causing the issue and how to fix it.
  18. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I'm not sure what you're playing on, but I play on PS4 and there's lag from time to time, but it's brief for me, the game is definitely not unplayable to me, and I'm sure that's the case with a lot of others.
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Any update?
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We believe the lag is resolved, but please let us know.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.