How did we get this lag fest?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stanktonia, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Did a test last night. Ran 2 toons simultaneously through the outdoor missions and metahuman bounty then continuing into the event alert (grabbed 2 fillers and 2 manned it basically), one on PC, one on PS4. Both in the same area, same phase and would see the spikes at different times (PS4 screen froze...PC was still moving). This happened quite a few times and on occasion was reversed (PS4 got it more though...like 2x as much). Very few times did I see both screens froze up at once. What's that mean? Not sure, but I kind of figured everyone was getting it at the same time if in the same content/phase, not so much.
  2. Vaiderr New Player

Bad Lag in game all over.
    • Like x 2
  3. MrDevilz Well-Known Player

Today's lag is 3x more worse then before,i really don't know what is going on but this is getting annoying. Are the developers working on it? Or are they doing nothing. I haven't seen any improvement at all. When do we get a lag-free server. Meanwhile EU server has 0 lag,why is US server suffering?
    • Like x 3
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I just logged out as well due to terrible lag. It took a solid minute or two before I could do anything upon logging in-game. Then when I went to do the BoP Dailies there was just non-stop delay on being able to activate stuff and perform any actions. It is only with DC that I was experiencing lag so it wasn't my net.
    • Like x 2
  5. Daddy Dangerous Active Player

Also reporting bad lag. Thought they were adding new hardware to help with this...?
  6. Vicious Well-Known Player

Entire league is feeling huge amount of lag.
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are still investigating. We have tons of hardware deployed now and it's all running very light (looking at the load and performance metrics we usually look to first).
  8. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

I'm getting lag in a lot of routine things right now:
    - map takes a minute to load the warp shortcuts
    - bank/shared bank
    - picking up quests
    - broker
    - slight delay in chat

Oddly combat in open world & cogs are normal though.
  9. OG ELITE Committed Player

It’s extremely bad this morning. I’m rubber banding across the screen, can’t load inventory, takes a few minutes to gather missions. I got stuck at my teleporter for 10 minutes just waiting for the menu to load. It’s game wide and people are complaining throughout LFG.
  10. Lempo New Player

it takes ages to load the forum as well , and also i can log into the game and even after 20 mins my char is just standing still not fully loaded....it all started like an hour or so ago....
  11. Nezquick Level 30

Disappointed but not surprised! Hope you guys can get it right the 3rd time. Wasn’t there a patch supposed to go up on Friday..which got delayed to Saturday...which I believe was followed up by another hotfix Sunday unless you guys uploaded those notes late (wouldn’t be surprised) & we’re still experiencing lag? At this point, we can all look to the common denominator...the devs. Mind you, Metal part 2 isn’t even fixed.
  12. MrStoob Well-Known Player

After having to log out due to lag just after maintenance, the launch pad hasn't been able to connect.
  13. Polymerase Well-Known Player

Wouldn't say it's a game server issue, looks like it's something more fundamental/core/network level. Forums, for instance, are now taking ages to load (for me at least) and these won't be on the same infrastructure as the game servers (at least I hope not!).
    • Like x 2
  14. Slim Tortilla New Player

So taking it back to last dlc, PC never got fixed with people disconnecting when they enter the raid. Little issue that we thought was gonna get taken care of but never did. I lived with that cause I can just log back in easy peasy. Now we have all these reports of excessive lag and i see on the developer discussion “ Episode 37 Known issues” that its been crossed out as if it has been fixed. No it has not. Still incredible amount of lag in both the alert and fire and brimstone raid. Good job on fixing the watchtower raid by fixing the lag but have no idea why y’all took out the colored pools when running regular. Please fix the rest of the problems with the dlc.
    • Like x 1
  15. Aesthete Well-Known Player

Trying to do Thanagar world bosses and wow it's bad. Pretty much unplayable.

EDIT: Bosses reset :(
  16. Lempo New Player

i can barley log in , and there is super lag even in cities not just alerts , raids , etc
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Not defending anyone... but:
    Create your raid party outside the raid. Go in, if it feels laggy vote to disband and re enter. My leaugemates and I have done this several times for F&B elite. Clocktower, they removed the pool's because they were not working as intended. While this whole pandemic is going on, they more than likely do not have access to what they need to repair most issues. I would completely expect servers to be in a whole other building than theirs and they wouldn't be allowed to access them. My guess anyway. Does it suck? Yes, yes it does. Do I think they aren't trying? At the moment, they probably aren't. At least how they normally could. Give them a chance, it's been less than a week and every single game has dlc launch issues. Let alone the player base is probably gigantic right now compared to normal since 80% of the world is home playing games or streaming movies.
    If this is still a thing in another 2 weeks, then make these posts over and over and I won't comment
    • Like x 4
  18. The Dark4 Well-Known Player

what if this continues for more than a amonth lol
    • Like x 1
  19. Slim Tortilla New Player

Quick update: cant even log in right now. I was logged in earlier but reset my ps4 because the lag was soooooo bad just being in BOP metropolis. Currently stuck in a loading screen for the past 5 minutes
    • Like x 1
  20. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Could be anything really without knowing/visibility of the exact network infrastructure. But if the hardware is running on minimal load the next logical thing would be the network itself, or server load balancing, or a DDOS attack, or caching issues or they forgot to feed the hamsters again that are running the server wheel ... could be a lot of things.

But yeah, it's getting extremely bad now (I started playing about 2 hours ago and dailies in BOP Metro were sort of doable after the first 2 minutes of not being able to do anything at all but I'm on my last toon for the dailies now and it's slow beyond belief at the moment with lots of clipping issues that were not there earlier).

EDIT: Seems to be better now, don't know if something was changed (from around 18:00 CET)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.