Best original name contest

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Critical Massacre, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I have Empyiron my Tank. The name just sounded other worldly and felt like something that was power agnostic since I rotate between the tank powers.

I have Star Enforcer: My troll. The Idea was that he was an Interglatic Cop/bounty hunter

Arcane Knight: Created him with the Intent to be a Battle Mage so he started with Sorcery

I have War Star: Empyrions second name and when I changed the name, I wanted to lock this down so I made a character i play on for fun with it. It just sounded cool and Empyrion was fire when the game came out so a star theme fit and I added War because again it sounded cool.

I have Chronaliza: Created her for an ex to playaround with. She is ofcourse quantum

Wintry was my ice tank. My first character actually. I wanted to incorporate the them is ice with the word sentry and stumbled across the word wintry while looking through dictionaries and thesauruses.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I guess there are three that stand out for me, maybe four.

Headlong was a character concept I had back in my pen-and-paper RPG days. Originally it was "Rogue but without power absorption" (flight, super tough, super strong) but evolved into an electricity-based speedster who rushes into battle, first in CO and then recreated here.

DoubleFission was my most blatant pun for a character name on my Atomic character. :D

Amelia Powers was something of a subtle nod to the Superman family of characters. The concept is that she's a Superman fangirl (she always incorporates the Superman emblem somewhere in her outfits) and rather than going for a "Kent" or "El" last name, I took the first part of Power Girl's code name and just added an "S" to the end. Plus I used the biggest possible female body type, so I figured the statuesque nature of that body would match up better with a Power Girl reference than a Supergirl reference.

The fourth? A storage character that was initially made to test drops in the Vault, so I named him Vaultrunner. LOL Had a few people in the past mention that it would have been a good name for a villain.
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

Not to toot my horn or anything, but I think I'm pretty good when it comes to this "OG" character name game.

A small list of some of the names I've created just to give you guys a rough idea of what I'm working with:

Solarbound (Of course)
    Grim Wave
    Maxwell Wright
    The Powerfist
    Rockburst
    Blue Phenomenal
    Xrossbreed
    The Truce
  4. Coldzoom Well-Known Player

Coldzoom just combined two Flash villians.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Audiomancer

Oh if we had a dedicated sound powerset, instead I'm limited to just 2 powers, one of which annoys people a lot.
  6. BroadSt Bully Well-Known Player

Billy Mays the oxiclean guy, got enhanced by an exobyte and took the opportunity to reach for world domination making him Bully Mays. Also has his partners in crime Sham Woww and The Snuggie
  7. Redd Blur Active Player

My main is called Chanclas DeLaMuerte. For my non Spanish speakers here, it translate to Sandals of Death. No back story from a game aspect but a bunch of our Spanish friends will tell you some stories about " la chancla"
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Sir Kaboomalot (A Joker Goon with Munitions that also wears the Clown Prince/future Joker gear.)
    SurgeShock (Full on electricity toon.)
    Bombshell Sapphire
    Steven Shields(My Captain America knockoff.)

There's more, but these are my favorite ones.
  9. Remi King Active Player

Plantman - He’s a green male with nature powers and full plant gear, he also tries to grind his way from 1 to 30 near The Botanical Gardens no matter what level he is.
  10. Critical Massacre Committed Player

You got plantsman!? Congrats
    • Like x 1
  11. Critical Massacre Committed Player

You go Alpha and Omega, nice congrats
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Keapon Laffin - villain- design it to be a joker goon...sadly I don't play him much
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Brice Allen.

When I designed the character 9 years ago, I knew I wanted to make a toon that was Flash inspired. So, I looked around for names and found that Brice can mean "swift" in Celtic. So, I came up with the backstory that Brice was a cousin of Barry Allen and Brice Allen was created. Yeah...I way over thought it. lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. Daddy Dangerous Active Player

Love this! For the most part, this is the number #1 rule for our league, The Justice Knights. Have a name that could appear in a comic book. No random lower and upper case letters, no numbers for letters, no random and numerous "X"s, etc... "XxXBat69ManXxX" need not apply unless you're willing to do a name change!
  15. Capt Mephisto Active Player

So my character 8Man akaTobor couldn't apply though he is based on the Japanese character 8 Man (8th Man in the US)?
  16. nyuunyuu76 New Player

my main is a hero named mewmew power. mewmew power,mewmew grace, mewmew power in your face. {=^_^=}
    • Like x 1
  17. Daddy Dangerous Active Player

Unfortunately that name would not be accepted. We are a DCUO day 1 league and the rule has been in place since the beginning (9 years). We've had names come through that have had numbers in them and, while some have been creative, they ultimately didn't make the cut.
  18. Capt Mephisto Active Player

Okay, that is clearer. Thanks for the answer. Have fun.
  19. bobert0317 Active Player

Starazon - His powers is Quantum (Space and Time) and he's a male Amazon
    • Like x 1
  20. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Wilder Midnight: In his original incarnation (the late 70's) Wilder's codename was "Titan". He was Donna Troys older bother both of them being Loren Jupiters kids...all of them descended from Zeus. In the 80's Wilder underwent a revamp. Changed his name to "Avalon" and remade him as the son of a lord of order. I came up with the name "Wilder Midnight" in the 90's. I wanted something reminiscent of the early pulps.

Smashgirl: is one of my later characters. One of my favorite characters, second only to Wilder. Smash was born in the late 80's. This was during a time when silver age names were on the outs. I love the idea of a teenage girl being the strong arm of the team. I wanted something that sounded classic and iconic. Smashgirl just came to me. She got her powers after being abducted by the old Titans villains the Aliens from Dimension X. Her strength and endurance levels are reported to be "near Kryptonian". Her current look in game is virtually identical to how i always used to envision her.

Glamorilla: was originally a villain. One of Smashgirls arch enemies. Glam was a rich mean girl who used to torture Smash in high school. She was in the group the Dimension X aliens kidnapped along with Smashgirl and was transformed into a giant psychotic gorilla who ran around in eveningwear. I initially rolled the character up as a villain in game and had so much fun with her I rerolled her as a hero to ply with the first league i ever joined. Since then I've revamped her as hero and made her part of the team. I find the dynamic between Smashgirl and Glam works much better when theyre frenemies on the same team. She can now shapeshift into superstrong versions of animals with the gorilla a her main form. while shes changed her mean girl ways somewhat Glam is gorgeous, rich and still kind of vain.

Rakastan: is a play on the Raksasha. "Rocky" was born in the early 80's as a mutant and was part of a team I called "Generation X". Keep in mind this was a full decade before Marvel published a comic with the same title. Originally Rocky was wakandan and was a feline shapeshifter. As I played him in game I've "DCized" his origins. He's now a genetically altered cat that can shapechange into a were panther and panther form. He has a human form but he doesn't like it. He's most comfortable as a were panther. He grew up along with Wilder and Betty 52 and considers them to be his siblings. In his original incarnation Rocky was a little more stoic but in his revamp he's more of a goofball.

Betty 52/B-52: Betty is the 52nd clone in a series of clones designed to be bio weapons. Wilder found her in her gestation pod as a young boy and accidentally activated her while trying to telepathically communicate with her. He's come to think of her as his little sister. As her name berifts Betty has energy powers. She can fly, fire energy blasts and can absorb different types of energy and redirect them.

Andrew Droid is the son of a Mother Box hidden away on earth to keep him away from Granny Goodness. While Loren Jupiter is no longer Wilders father he's still in the story as a benefactor for the team. Andrew is introduced as Mr Jupiters assistant before officially joining the tem. He goes through many different phases starting off almost as a "kid machine man" becoming more "human" as hes android bodies are destroyed.

This lengthy post was brought to you by too much time on my hands thanks to social distancing.