Back up, Pets, Sidekicks, etc

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JeremyRodger, Mar 31, 2020.

1. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I'm sure will have an artifact to go through npcs and all that combat clutter soon enough. but only at rank 200 because it's the only way to fix stuff these days
    • Like x 1
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How can you even guarantee that without game programming experience??? If it were as easy as you seem to think it is, don't you think they would have resolved this issue years ago when people complained about it??? You really think you're the first to complain about this old issue??? You're so busy being annoyed that you've decided to do no critical thinking or a little research to see how "easy" it might not be.
  3. Rainnifer Committed Player

I've found myself trapped in around vendors or blocked by NPCs and pets quite a few times, but thankfully I have Quantum Tunneling which allows me to simply teleport out of that. That shield is a beauty. I do hope they can figure out a way to remove the collision with pets. I often still roll to avoid danger or get to other spots faster and many times I'm stopped in place due to them.
    • Like x 1
  4. JeremyRodger Active Player

Well for one I never said or even hinted that I thought I was the first one.
    Two No I dont think they would fix it even if it were easy. Take a look at the current state of the game. Plenty of easy fixes there, but still nothing done about it.
    Three they can fix it. I literally just named off other things in the game that can phase through players.
    Four if you had no critical feedback to give the post why have you wasted our time? Giving your opinion on the topic is not critical feedback.
  5. Brit Loyal Player

What if, instead of removing collision, pets received the "Mischievous Brief" treatment where they always back away from players and maintain a healthy distance.

My Orb of Arion ghost always stands at a good distance away from me. Why can't pets do that for ALL players, instead of just their owner.
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Lairs and all the stuff that an be added to a utility belt became available with the Home Turf DLC way WAY back in January of 2013. Now PETS were around even before that since those are a part of that players load out. But even the sidekick, henchmen and so forth were out there in game for over 7 years now.

But suddenly they are a problem for tanks? Funny I have an Earth Tank, Fire Tank and an Atomic tank that some how manage to do their jon on missions even with all thos epesky little critters roaming around.

Come on.. Okay Pets are always around unless defeated and then after a very short recharge time can be summoned again by THAT player but Sidekicks and Back up only last a short period of time and then are not available until that lengthy recharge is over. Not to mention the fact that if it is coordinated a boss could have 24 "pets" in his face pounding on him while 8 orbital strikes are going off. That can result in a pretty decent amount of damage in a short period of time.

Now would it be nice to walk through them? Hell yeah... Hey even out of combat they can be annoying.. I have had to dismiss a pet because it had me trapped in a corner and would not let me out.. and that was in my own dang lair. But like Trex said they do not have that in game.. Now I have played other games that did so it COULD be done. BUT who knows when out tiny DEV team would fin the time or how long it would take? To be honest.? I'd rather deal with what we have than wait 6 months or more for a new DLC.
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

They've always been a minor pain in regular runs, but they can be fatal in elites. Back in ye olden days most people weren't running pets. Over the development, you've had to see how much more useful they are now and therefore are more prevalent. First few years of the game, I didn't run any pets, but now with prec I have the extra slots so I run snow devil (which can have two out at a time) and robot sidekick. I also run void gazer. That's up to four pets just from me during regular active combat. I'll also have a combat pet trinket like seahorse or something, too, depending on the current meta. Multiply that out by a few DPS, maybe a Watcher is out, or Brick for the tank...it can get crowded.
  8. JeremyRodger Active Player

idek how to respond what you said was just all over the place lmao
  9. JeremyRodger Active Player

Yeah even that would be better than what is currently going on. Be careful though.. since you dont know coding any idea you have isnt correct at all.
  10. JeremyRodger Active Player

well considering they werent a problem until recently when everyone decided to use them .. no , no they havent been a problem. Now go into pce hallway pull ads and have 4 dps's use their back up. You tell me how that goes for you. Point in case.
    Also...what does that and waiting for a dlc have in common...?
  11. dresserball Dedicated Player

Well you lost it when you said you speak for ALL tanks. Reason being is I don't have an issue with it. There are worse things that happen to tanks then this.

Now if you want to talk about how you need to kite most fights as a tank we might be able to have a chat.
    • Like x 1
  12. BRainIAK Active Player

I know what you mean by the clutter and it is not hard to remove the collision aspect from an actor in Unreal Engine; however it would have to be done individually to each pet. It would not be swift and it would be entirely tedious which being said would make the development hours to complete said change a "pick your poison scenario" as to something else will wind up delayed just to accommodate for the changes in all of the pets. They then have to roll it out in test be sure it's bug free (right risk creating more bhgs for this thing) and then another update pushed to live for all servers. An update like that would be huge and have to be mitigated across all the servers.... You're talking a big ol job for a teeny weeny feature. A great addition nonetheless bur ehhh........