Back up, Pets, Sidekicks, etc

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JeremyRodger, Mar 31, 2020.

1. JeremyRodger Active Player

COMPLAINT: So ... I feel like I have a rightful complaint when it comes to this topic. As a tank its the most annoying thing ive encountered on this game thus far. With having to tank ads, bosses, open world bounties, etc I cannot stand being in a group of 8 people who all pop back up, bootility belts, sidekicks, pets all at the same time. I speak on behalf of all tanks when I tell you people we cannot move, and find it extremely annoying. There have been times ive actually been surrounded by ads and about 3 or 4 group members back ups, and I couldnt move. I was actually just stuck. I couldnt roll. I couldnt jump. I could only use my powers. In elites thats a huge problem. I was just stuck there inside the circle of 5 ads, and 12 back ups.

I want to be able to move around freely if I need/want to. I need/want to have the option to jump out of a group of ads if iI need to pull them somewhere else. So with that being my complaint im not one to complain without offering some kind of solution.

SOLUTION: Allow every group member to be able to walk through summoned pets. Back up, sidekicks, boo's, everything. Allow us to just simply have the ability to walk/phase through them. This allows everyone to use whatever it is they want, while also stopping any and every group member from potentially getting trapped in by them.

Any other suggestions are definitely welcome, but I feel as if this has really turned into a problem for tanks considering a lot of dps's use back up and swap trinkets or use back ups and swap armories.
    • Like x 3
  2. Halvard New Player

The Boo's are literally Ghost's, why can't you walk through them. They're literally apparitions, no physical aspect to a ghost. Fix pls
    • Like x 1
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

First, sadly thats just not how this game was built and is run. Everything is basically a physical block shape so its currently not possible to have "no collision" with the Pets and etc. As a Tank I feel you but as the Tank, you can sometimes get some wiggle room and readjust/reposition yourself and the boss. I'll certainly suggest making the Pets/etc to always face the back of the boss but since we have collision, they wont stake properly most likely. This has certainly been an issue since Home Turf introducing Sidekicks and Back-Ups. Its just something that we have to deal with. :/
    • Like x 2
  4. JeremyRodger Active Player

1st. There have been plenty of glitches/exploits over the years in which you fall through floors, and run through walls.
    2nd. Go into the watchtower and walk into the central hub. You see that giant hologram of the earth in the middle? you can phase through that, fall through that, walk through that, jump through that, etc.
    3rd. I refuse to believe they cant apply that to pets.
    4th. Thats the entire reason for this post. Im tired of having to re position myself because I have no room to move in a tiny hallway while im tanking 15 ads on top of the 12 back up surrounding those ads. Sometimes you also just cant. Ive been trapped in before and i just couldnt jump or roll or move. I just had to stand there until the ads died or the back up went away.
    This whole complaint/issue I have just shouldnt be a thing.
  5. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Yea the combat clutter in dcuo combat is by far the worst thing about this game. No pets and side kicks/henchmen should attack they should only be passive with buffs. They should not even be on ur loadout bar at the least be above ur head. Dps pets would give 10% dmg out healer pet would give 10% resto tank pet troll pet vit. And that's just rank 80
  6. JeremyRodger Active Player

So at that point it would be a trinket, and that defeats the purpose of what theyre used for. I want them to stay, but something needs to be done about interrupting the tanks.
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

been saying this for years!
    • Like x 1
  8. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I've found that since I got the Grimorium I almost never use my sidekick or henchman in group content. is the Grimorium a problem, too?
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Except there is no collision with tree branches. Go figure.
    • Like x 2
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

1. Those are bugs and also "holes" within the collision. Most of the time falling through floors or even walking throug hwalls is not done due to hiccups on the server or poor connection between server and client. They are again, bugs.
    2. The giant hologram is made, during development time before launch and is entirely its own thing. Its true it does not have collision because it wasnt built to have it.
    3. You refuse because you dont understand coding, especially game coding. Its not a bad thing, most ppl dont know it nor research into it but thats the facts. In order for Pets to even have no collision, they would have to build the pets over again from scratch which can take months up to years of development which this team I doubt doesnt have the time for due to other and more important issues facing the game.
    4. Agreed. Again, I understand the struggle but I also understand why your suggestion isnt feasible and which is why I offered my own suggestion to it.

End of the day, it is what it is. The only thing imaginable is to change the behavior of the Pets/etc. Especially the onlys that can do Range but instead want to group up in melee range affecting tanks.

Correct, some trees have em, some dont.
    • Like x 1
  11. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

No not trinkets either a new progression system to clean combat clutter call pet ranking. Pet would stay above ur head and not move or attack. Pets would have a max rank of 200 they would be more like augments and not artifacts
  12. The Anxient Loyal Player

Horrible idea. They'd basically just be trinkets at that point. Kudos on continuing to push this on every pet related thread.
    • Like x 1
  13. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

It's not only tanks. As a DPS, when the Boss locks on to you, you have to be mobile as well. For example, Metal 1 - Batcave Breach Bane fight. Too many times I've been trying to roll out of the way of his attacks only to find myself cornered by pets and what not.

And yes, the Grim can also get in the way at times. But it tends to keep a distance from the its owner, though don't know if it's caused problems for other players running with me.
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

pets in this game sucks.

since the revamp..X1000.
    • Like x 1
  15. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

If it's passive it's not a trinket. it's a role specific pet that does nothing but sits above ur head out of the way of combat. It gives stats to ur role depending on what rank ur at. All pets and trinkets for pets would be taken out of the game. A new system for pets would be made. so everyone has one without having to clip it for buffs or have it waste 2 or one spot in the loadout bar. It's a simple way to make more money off players and keep the balance and testing easy. Right now pets and trinket pets of any kind henchmen especially clutter combat and get in everyone's way. They are just pissing every one off now. I know many people who don't tank because of this reason I'm also one of them
  16. JeremyRodger Active Player

i simply dont believe they would have to re do all pets and it would take years. I guarantee its not as hard as youre making it out to be. Either way i just named off things that you can phase through. I dont think it would be hard to apply the same thing to pets.
  17. JeremyRodger Active Player

im sure dps's struggle as well. I know i cant be the only one. Either way its super annoying and a totally uncalled for annoyance at this point.
  18. JeremyRodger Active Player

I havent really noticed grimorium so probably not. Side kicks and back up are my main annoyance.
    • Like x 1
  19. Ryuvain Active Player

I would hate those changes, so you at least don't speak for me. I actually enjoy pets.

Tbh they should update pet ai so that they don't just melee the boss, never move, and then die to aoe. Making them smarter and having them reposition more like grim, along with henchmen maybe providing some healing or power support like sidekicks would be much better.

Pretty sure henchmen are only used for style since their damage is inferior to trinket pets. That's why I use them. Sidekick is better overall though.
    • Like x 2
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

You forgot NPC allies. “I am...the Batman who’s breathing down your neck while you’re trying to tumble away from Dawnbreaker’s impending orbital”.

“”May the non-wisdom of Shazam frustrate you as you tumble in place and die to a meteor”.
    • Like x 4