How do you keep up with alts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Feb 9, 2020.

1. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

Wondering, because the content is being forcibly long for the sake of being long. Bosses have insanely high hp, but do minimal damage, so raids are mind numbingly boring for whatever reason. Do you guys just run them on your main and do the side stuff on alts until your main has the feat for the set of current gear (so your alts can buy at the discounted rate) or are you that insane and have the time on your hands to run this content on every toon you have?
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Some days I'll play more often than others, some days I barely play, if at all, it just depends.

I really dislike this metal content though and I've been subjected to it for the past 6 months so it's fair to say I'm incredibly over it.
    • Like x 4
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I agree. I hope they never do back to back of the same story ever again. Metal was.....ok I guess. But not worth the back to back release. So many great Dc stories to warrant that. Would love a dev to say ‘yea, our bad’ and fix content. Just takes too long, and for what? Nothing is hard, it just takes forever.

I did the raid with hawkman, whatever the name is, regular (not event) and man, what a boring time. Just sat there and mashed buttons until we finished. Easy mechanics, boring slogfest. Who can conceivably run this garbage more than once a week? Subjectivity and all, maybe a few people like being in these things forever, but I would rather have bosses hit 3x harder and have 1/3 the health they do now. Give me more of a challenge yet get me tf out faster. Let me use my alts. This game is just not fun, and there is an easy fix to it. This is my experience of course, everyone else may differ.
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Me too,as I said I hope we get some more light hearted content soon :)
    • Like x 2
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I only have one alt and sometimes even just the two characters feels like a lot. My alt does come in handy for seasonal feats and also because I unlock the discount getting the full elite set on my main and by that time my alt has enough marks to buy both an elite set for tank role and the regular set (for the style feat) at the discounted rate. Now that my alt has full elite gear and the vendor weapon, face and rings for tank role, I only run raids once a week (DMe for the Robins) the alert and duo to farm monitor energies and even then not every day. The extra source marks and exobytes from salvaged gear come in handy for making money as well.

They dumb down and even remove a lot of the mechanics for the regular version. Elite has more mechanics and mechanics that you can't just ignore and pop a soder after. I somewhat agree that boss health pools are too high and that the same amount of challenge could still be there but just for a little less time. But on the other hand, past DLC elites would be too easy with the stat jumps from new DLC gear.
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

I have 18 alts. I run the alert on my healers and duo on my dps, tanks, and trolls. On my main, I run everything and get the op item 1st, on a random alt I run everything and get gear. Get the gear on alts half off. I've made 4 billion this dlc alone on Monitors and the head mods. Ran the raids once on main. The raids are straight garbage.
  7. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

I think that would depend on what you want your alts to be. If it's just to play around with different roles and powers in your spare time to stave off the monotony that's one thing. But if it's to have a second or third character up to par with your main..... with the inclusion of artifacts and augments etc. I'd think that would be pretty hard to do.

And no, I don't run alts. It takes all my time just to get the artifacts and augments on my main ranked high enough... I couldn't imagine doing it for a second character.
  8. Black Jaq Devoted Player

When gearing up, my tank usually is the first to complete the vendor feat so I work on him the most. I skip weapon, mask and rings, putting purples in those. I can work on 2-3 toons at a time. I might buy one piece of gear to help bump CR enough on alts so they can get to using purples at max item level. Once my tank was able to buy the style feat, I purchased the 8 gear pieces for 2 other toons. I have another toon that is just working on the OP item. But since I have enough Thanagarian Mark's. Weapon is the last thing I purchase on my tank but I do like to save some marks for when they release extras.

So right now, I have 4 toons at 290+. I have 2 that are a couple of DLC behind but a little game play and they would be fine. The worst is the amount of replays fo buying feats though.
  9. Eve YouTuber

I always work on main first cause I'm farming for OP neck and almost completed the Metal II gear set.
    Metal II was more fun then Metal I for me. I'm waiting for something fresh. But I'm also in more then one league so I work on two mains at the same time. Most of my alts are in pretty comfortable place even if they don't have complete gear set yet. And I mostly go on them when I need to heal, tank or troll. I also enjoy more working on my bases and if I'm abit burnt out I just work on bases. I can't wait for BoP because my Huntress Iconic need some new styles :p
    • Like x 2
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I take it one character at a time. Each one gets a turn, and when it's a character's turn they run the content I'm Mark eligible for until they get the gear/stuff I want for them. Once they get their stuff, I switch over to a new character.

With multiple characters and sticking to solo/small group stuff like I do, it means it can take a while. But on the plus side, the characters all have variations on them that help keep the content fresh. For the most part that means different powers, but with characters who use the same power sets I usually have different weapon choices which can change how I play or approach a certain piece of content. So while the content stays the same, there's just enough variation in how I play it that it doesn't get stale for me.

The interesting part for me is that when things DO start to get a little stale or repetitive, that always works out to the time I'm switching over to a new character anyhow. That or a seasonal comes along and helps provide a little break. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

mine have become largely seasonal.
    my ice powered characters get played through winter
    My Aquatics are summer.
    My Werewolf and ghost are both Halloween
    My archer is a spring-time hero (Sherwood Forest)
    My Iconics fill in the mean-times
    • Like x 1
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

My main character does and gets everything first. I focus on doing all the grindy feats on him (lpve, farming exos, bounty kills). All collections go to him first.

From there it goes down the line in an organized manner. its really not that hard.
    • Like x 3
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

For each new episode, I run everything on my main as often as possible, without replays. I also run all of the open world daily and weekly missions on three or four alts (the exact number varies - this time it's four), again without replays

The main runs every episode, but I vary the alts from episode to episode. Since I have 25 characters, with assorted selections of powers, weapons, and movement modes, I get plenty of variety to keep me interested. :)

And if there is a seasonal running, I also do that with one or two alts ( usually not ones who are doing the episode).

The alts usually get used for about 15 minutes each per day, while the main sees about an hour of play per day. So total is about two hours or so.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Sounds to me like you're running with substandard players (particularly the DPS). The only time i'm in those raids for too long is when the group is disorganized and or getting themselves killed on easy to dodge mechanics. The health pools on the bosses aren't any higher than they've been since after the first Amazon Fury (the boss health on that was WAY too high to compensate for WM, and was eventually corrected).

Since there are 5 days between reset I usually run 1-2 toons through both raids a day, and do maybe 3-4 sets of dailies. I don't always get to run both raids on any given week, mostly because getting into a group can be rough when you're trying to do the opposite raid that most are calling for. The real hard part about keeping alts up are artifacts and occasionally augments. I'm pretty much geared up on at least 6 toons (minus accessories and weapon). I'm betting we'll get another bonus mark weekend, so the other straggling alts will be caught up just fine and i'll be able to get any new additions put on the vendor. Super easy, barely an inconvenience.
  15. Rainnifer Committed Player

I can barely handle just running my main some days. All of my alts are for the sole purpose of buying things for my main such as seasonal collections/base items, dlc rewards and cross-faction styles, nothing else. They aren't special and get no special treatment from me. Except for one...has a bronze metal chroma because I accidentally opened it :mad:
  16. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Play 1 character, for alts just buy quark gear til your 286/287. Artifacts augs e t dont stress over them only focus on those on 1 toon.
  17. Brit Loyal Player

I run my main through every new Episode as much as possible without using Replays. I also do weekly runs of Panopticon Elite, Gotham Zoo Elite, and maybe one or two other older Elites that I still need a little rep for.

My alts all get pretty much identical treatment.
    1- Login daily.
    2- Talk to Hawkgirl for free Thanaganarian Coin and Source Mark.
    3- Run Vault for free Source Mark. Use the Attunable piece of gear to slowly gear up.
    4- Run the Episode Bounty once weekly per alt, if there are groups building for it and it won't take me too much waiting.
    5- (Specific to Current Episode Extra Currency Weekend) Run through Event Versions of the current episode raids (as many alts as I can without compromising my main).
    6- (Specific to Extra Source Marks Weekend) Run through random stuff.
    7- Every time an alt acquires 100 Source Marks, go to the Booster Gold vendor and purchase 25 Qwarks. Pay your tribute to Brit; you aren't allowed to buy gear for yourselves.
    8- At the end of each new Episode, purchase as many of those Episode Currency Auras/Materials/Accessories as they can and send them to my main to sell on the broker.

All of my alts only exist to be lackies for my main. If they weren't helping to advance Brit, then they would be shelved permanently.

Alts also run odd chores, like using their character-bound Vault Nth Metal to advance artifacts that my main wouldn't be interested in, so that I can get the feats from those Artifacts, and then replay badge those feats onto my main without wasting real Nth Metal that could have been usable on my main.
  18. AquiloFury Committed Player

I have 22 characters...I think I may have 6 up to end game..maybe 8..I dunno. Each episode I focus on two "main" ones and run the rest when I can. My highest toons now are my two mental characters and before that, it was my two water characters. I save all of my account bound nth metal for who I'm working on at the time. I just recently made the decision to try precision dps. After getting artifacts to 80 for precision..I decided I didn't like it. I don't mind the metal wasted, but all the catalysts I used were just gone...that's what bothered me the most. Lol

Edit:
    I also use those end game alts to feed the adaptive augments of the main two I'm working on. I just got my metal resonators and the new one to 23 for the feats.
    • Like x 1
  19. Solarbound Committed Player

I love my alts. I've got a lot of cool looking characters to play around with for every power. Yet, the way things are set up now in DCUO, it has become way too time consuming to keep up with them in the same way as I would on my main. So, I just gave that up. I'll only use them to help feat grind certain item collection feats and that's more so during seasonal events.
  20. Balton hero Committed Player

Personally, I believe the Devs should aim towards making it viable to maintain three characters at endgame level and sp without sacrificing your social life and savings completely, so players have the ability to play any role their group or league may require. Either that, or broaden the powers' individual powers so that every power can play any role.