Selling source marks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tsavorentless, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Wow I personally wouldn't have changed me back to the game with that move. That's really going to far. How do yous all feel about that?
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

I don't like it neither but the amount of source marks you get from these packs are minimal.
    • Like x 1
  3. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

I'm good thanks.
    Those are as you can see their names Starter Packs assigned to the players / character who are new to the game or have been away for a while and want to boost their level up / styling . Don't be ridiculous to just say a random thought.
    A player with Okay and high CR characters and unlocked styles won't be paying within 10$ - 100$ just for a few Source Marks.
    • Like x 2
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

He's not talking about the starter packs. They're straight up selling Source Marks on their own in the MP. 1,000 for 70 Source Marks or 2,500 for 200 Source Marks. The prices are so high I would assume not many people will buy them.
    • Like x 5
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I saw that I'm not a fan of them selling marks .
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

LOL.

How tragic.
    • Like x 6
  7. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Atleast if I do intend to buy one, ill get something that will help boost my CR on an alt. You know, meaning that Im an experienced player and have alts that I like to play on, but don't want to grind for the gear. Just my opinion.
  8. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Sorry to post this sort of title on what should be a very positive day with DCUO launching on Nintendo Switch.

But alas we have reached the point where we have Source Marks on the Marketplace.

To think I run a lot of raids, weekly content and solos in part to grind for Source Marks so I can buy old OP collection pieces, artefact catalysts and more, not just for my main toon but for alts as well. And now people can do the same just by literally paying for Source Marks. Less incentive to run content for one player buying marks will have a knock-on effect on others also trying to run said content without this.

What's next? Daemohedrons on Marketplace? Marks of Valor on Marketplace? This has gone way too far and I genuinely won't be paying any money towards these Source Marks on Marketplace.

The other effect of this is people simply won't play the vast majority of the content in-game because they can just buy Source Marks to gear very quickly all the way as far as Teen Titans episode, and even up to Atlantis by the time EP35 launches. Q times on EU side are already low as it is and this really won't help the situation. Unless your lucky enough to find a group running old feats or even helping alts (presuming said alts aren't buying marks) then this really isn't helping the game at all.

To the devs: Congrats for launching the DCUO on Nintendo Switch, in what I'm sure will be an interesting move to open a new market with this game to a different and fresh new gaming community. However please, *please*, remove any packs of Source Marks off the Marketplace.
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I was too mad about the Batman trinket that I didn't see it till a league member told me about it.
  10. Proxystar #Perception

You will continue to pay money and you will like it :p
    • Like x 3
  11. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I really, really won't be paying money towards Source Marks via MP. This is a step too far. I will continue to earn Source Marks in-game normally like I hope most will. Otherwise no-one will play the game they'd just be donating the money to the game. What's the point in that?
    • Like x 1
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Hmmm was on earlier but am off for dinner at the moment. Honestly? The 20 marks they added to the Starter Pack do not strike me as a big deal. Okay so early on it is possible to buy a full set of armor for 91 marks.. so MAYBE some one can get a couple of pieces of ONE set before they need to start earning them.

Now on the other hand... I need to check when i log back on but if this post from Jafin is correct , and I have no real reason to doubt it, that is just unacceptable. I mean come on.... hey I have a fairly new ALT at CR 65 that has not used a single source mark on armor YET. Only thing I have purchased is Henchmen, orbital strike, supply drop, and technical mods from my lair based computer and those are all at tier 3 (highest available in case you were not sure).

Oh yeah and I have 8 alt all between CR 255 and 270 that are earning marks daily and the only thing to use them on is buying catalysts and renting the Tier three level for all my lair power once every 60 days ( at 7 mark a piece.. By the way that requires a whole 28 source marks and I earn about 30 a MONTH just running the vault mission..... which takes me a whole minute a day).

Kind of makes you wonder... does anyone actually PLAY the game these days or just use one after another short cuts so they can stand around in Metropolis bragging about how high their CR is ( and they BOUGHT their way from level 1 to CR 210 then bought a ton of time capsules to get better armor and get to CR 270) How all their Artifacts and augments are maxed out.. and they bought a ton of Nth metal and catalyst packs at the market. And they barely know how to use the telepad in the safe houses to get to the watch Tower.
  13. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Only time it should be useful is for buying op collection vendor pieces instead of grinding out raids.
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Source Marks in the starter packs I think is a nice deal for new players. Buying Source Marks directly though... Why? Did we really need more pay to advance options?
    • Like x 5
  15. AquiloFury Committed Player

You are right, it bypasses their reasoning behind marks relevancy entirely. I'm not a fan of selling source marks on the marketplace...it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. If you're doing that, it's time to remove relevancy.
    • Like x 2
  16. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

Wow. I guess there's no need for transparency when you can just straight up lie to the players. "Oh we don't want people leveling too fast. (Unless they spend money)"
    • Like x 4
  17. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Go look at the Marketplace again. For YEARS, they've been selling the Event/Season Specific Currencies in the Marketplace for the currently active Open World Events. This is simply a logical extension of that, whether you like the logic, or hate it, or are indifferent to it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

For those prices, I don't have a problem. Anyone willing to drop that much cash into the game for that minimal return has more money than sense and is keeping the servers running.
    • Like x 3
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Unless they add something else to the game which would make people want to buy them.

[IMG]
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What exactly upset you about the Batman trinket???
    • Like x 1