Why do you guys support this game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KodyDerp, Jul 4, 2019.

1. thirty six Loyal Player

Hey Khalon, long time no see. I actually got over the anxiety of heartbreak and logged in, and have been playing since. I'm having a great time, so what I meant then, doesn't matter. Have a great day.
    • Like x 1
  2. lukelucky Devoted Player

One thing missed is DCUO made awful buisness decisions the entire way that compromised the games integrity and the players experience

Dcuo has destroyed itself

I hung on at least a year longer then I could stomach simply because I appreciate the dev team. Imagine how awful it has to be working for some of the worst buisness run decision makers going.
    The one of a kind combat was hard to abandon but if I spend my money the least u can do is not design the entire game to screw us
    • Like x 2
  3. halovn Level 30

I support the game because it is a unique franchise, the original creators thought up this idea and many of the managers who initially on the project have been replaced thus the direction of the decisions regarding content has also changed (not for the better though). There is large amount of inequality of in-game cash (lol sounding like an economist) low class players cant compete nearly as well without being forced to spend and gamble money, it becomes almost like an addiction, i know because, i too... was.... a dcuo gambler.... and i am ashamed.... i cant show my face in public anymore... only friend i have now is a orang-utan under a coconut tree in indonesia.

Their focus on profit rather than maintaining quality of giving new players a chance and maintaining equal chances of progress is non-existent obviously. I only support it because i love superman :confused: , i would like it even better if they werent so much profit driven, but obviously its in their primary interest so who am i to complain. :)

And last but not least, the transference from SEO to daybreak was the biggest culprit in this whole show, i know fully well how well sony maintains its players and quality content, and i think they would have done a better job.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sony wasn't doing a better job, that's why they sold off their gaming division.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I wish all the devs posted on the forums & gave updates like this new charon dude, he is doing a good job I appreciate his dev insight
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

He's actually not new, and he has interacted with us before. Usually you can find him in the Test Forums section when certain new things are dropped that seriously need feedback. There have been other Devs who have interacted with us, as well as our community manager Mepps.

The thing is the interactions tend to go sour when people who are passionate about the game tend to go overboard with their questioning of decisions and choices made by the Devs or the company overall. When people start slinging insults or denigrating the work that they've done, it becomes hard for them to want to interact with us that often (if people aren't going to be civil, what's the point of engaging). Then there's the fact that they do have work to do for the game.;)
    • Like x 2
  7. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Funny thing is, I remember when the player base was happy when DCUO was leaving SOE. Ppl was hopping Daybreak took over that the game would get better but boy was we wrong.

In my personal opinion SOE and DBG are both greedy. DBg just took it to another lvl
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

But you didn't remember SOE and DBG are the same people lol. When Sony sold off Sony Online Entertainment, Sony Online Entertainment changed their brand name to Daybreak Games. Daybreak didn't take over, Daybreak is SOE. New name, same office.
    • Like x 3
  9. Noble One Committed Player

because games are my hobby and i spend too much money on my hobby. i may need help.
  10. Arew Lore New Player

I stared playing in 2015, stayed through the revamp, I remember thinking the game play would dramatically change. And it did, for the better, or so I thought. I've recently have been trying to increase augments and feats. Both which is turning out to be a complete waste of time.
    Twice i've tried leaveling the solar amplifier catalyst over 120 (with a seal of preservation) and twice the thing failed. Any time I try getting feats from older content, someone always messes it up.
    There is nothing in game to assist with mission\feats, that drop down list is a total joke.
    Having played a lot (32 toons, most near the 200 CR, 5 at 270) and trying to level up most characters has turned to sht. I'm tired of trying with this game.
    So why am I still playing? My membership expires in March, I wont be renewing.
    Not that it matters, I like so many others have reached the point where this game isn't enjoyable.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Uhm, this is actually, IMHO, the core and primary cause of bad developer decisions - not the fact that they don't listen to players, but the fact that they do.

Every major change in the combat system has been a direct result of people lining up and whining about "why other powers are too OP" and why the entire world should stop to revolve around 'balance' for them personally. While some people are personally happier with where it's landed *right now*, there's no such thing as long-term stability in this game, and it's basically all our fault as players because...

Well, you're here, look around for ten minutes and tell me what you see.
    • Like x 4
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

For me is the character creation what brought me here and why I do enjoy it. Play any other DC game, you do play the Iconic characters. DCUO gave us the opportunity to create our own Super Hero which is unique for a DC game. Sure the customization could use improvement, but they are constantly adding new styles to the game, my preference is more civilian type clothes. I know most want those Iconic styles, but for me I don't want to copy a DC comic character.

When I heard about marvel was doing a game, I did want to check it out, then I found out we were stuck with the Marvel characters they put in the game, so I end up staying with DCUO. I love creating my own characters, why I do enjoy the game. Not saying game play is bad, I do enjoy quite a bit of content. They did amazing job with Atlantis, did a great job with Titan Tower. But the game does has it flaws.

We get redundant content, copy and paste dlc with new skins, sometimes the game does get boring sometimes. Customization could use some improvements, I'm not a pvp person, so not an issue for me. The RNG could use improvements, too many items impossible to get in the game. I see it as a more of a waste of resources then a benefit. (My opinion)

Also what keeps me here, bought the lifetime prescription, and been playing so long, maybe it's hard to walk away, or maybe they haven't gave me a reason to want to walk away.
  13. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Yea I remember ppl arguing about SoE is DBG and all that good stuff. Ppl made a long essay about it. Doesn't matter what brand they were they was still greedy. Heck I can talk about the unnecessary bans back in the SOE days but if I do that, I would be banned myself
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Kinda like when Jefferson Airplane changed their name to Jefferson Starship and then just Starship. There were still some of the same people, the product just changed. (For the worse. :p)
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It doesn't require an essay or an argument. It's just a fact.
    You can Google "Sony Online Entertainment", guess who pops up.
    • Like x 1
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

EA used to be called Amazin' Software.
  17. Rainnifer Committed Player

Would've been some awful irony had they stayed with such a name, it wouldn't fit them at all. :p
    • Like x 1
  18. Phoenix Five Active Player

I've bought a life time subscription immediately, and I'm still buying stuff from the market place.
    There are various games in my life that I've played, but all together none so costly, as this one.
    I don't regret being a paying customer to this game, because this game is getting me through my life since 2011.
    I don't really have any friends in real life that I'm still talking to or anything. The community, and the people is why I've stayed.
    I've been through so much since 2011. Various leagues. Various people. Various heroes, and various villains. I've even started making my own concepts for a comic book inspired by a character that I've created on DCUO. That is how much this game has inspired me. I support this game, because they've made an mmo that makes it cool to be the characters you can read about in comics or characters that you can see in TV shows, or home made characters with stories set in the DC universe.

Plus the developers make really cool videos about the content that they've created for us. (My favourite from them was the Star Sapphire / Zamaron content, because they've made Harley Quinn look even more cute with hearts on her.)

Super heroes can save the day, well for at least a few hours a day anyway. The rest of it is real life. <3
    • Like x 1
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

QFT
    • Like x 1
  20. Zheiv New Player

:) Well... My vision about DCUO it's too passional. Hahah! I've been playing DCUO since 2013 at PS3 in some UK Account (because were pretty fast do login there!) although i'm from brazil, but no matter. The thing is that DCUO was my FIRST REAL experience with the MMO thing in a way that its style of everything stuck in my head like a good woman perfume (not to mention that i love dc characters and all the lore around them, being constantine my fave "hero" and metallo my fave villain). I dropped the game because personal things in 2016.

I'm back now in 2019. It's funny that i no more have my character (sold ps3, sold account, long story), but with my life now totally changed (family, kids, etc) i STILL play DCUO loving it like my first time, i mean... A LOT OF THINGS CHANGED, things I like in the gameplay and should be pissed, but no... I'm pretty... Ok with this. I said "ok, let's re-learn it all" and here we go again.

:rolleyes: I think that there's no real formula to say why someone keeping coming back to something people do insist to say "it's bad" you know? In absolute when talking about games there are no rules over this kind of action. I can say a lot of things about why i'm still playing and paying legendary: I playing becaue I HUGELY like the story (although not in my local language, but that's ok) that have the heroes i like (now we have John Constantine, my boy!), i love the gameplay in general, the huge maps (to me) full of places to visit and the way i feel good by helping newcomers with my toon when they stand in front of some instance asking things and for help...

:cool: Man, makes my day a message like "ya rocks mate! thank you so much! add me in the friend list see you tomorrow!" from someone i don't even know and that don't care about the fact i'm not even high level anymore (CR 105 nowdays). You know... The game changed, yea, but the real fun to me it's that i try to be the hero i can't in the real world and that's all. It's the unique MMO i can feel i'm evolving while "making some good difference" to other people. Will stay on my PS4 forever (and in the PS5 when the time comes!).
    • Like x 1