Not having fun...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sungod El, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sungod El Level 30

Dear Devs, I'm not having fun playing DCUO. While others might feel different about my opinion, I however am not enjoying this game as I previously had. Now I know there's been lots of changes happening some good some bad I just can't see myself enjoying the game I fell in love with back in 2011. I guess because I was new to mmorpg and it's the only superhero game I enjoyed playing.

Now my reasons why I'm not having fun.

There's no power that grants might buff. Back then there was but it was removed now there's just a precision buff power. Because I don't troll and haven't touched a troll power before till recently I noticed those powers have two weapon buffs >_> a group weapon buff and self buff i.e hardlight Inspiration and Recharge. Now comes the artifacts. While some can just choose their artifacts for the stats alone I don't always decide on that factor and actually choose the artifact depending on how my playstyle fits into it. For this sake let's just ignore the stats increase in itself.

The might artifacts only increase your might by a small margin and only if your health is high enough. I want to run a all might build but the might artifacts aren't all that great unless you're just going for the base stats which the only good ones are the ones that give you a 5% might increase such as Solar Amplifier and so on. But from a precision stand point and as a controller you can increase your precision by two powers alone heck even three if you take Neo-Venom Boost for the damage increase.

Anyways, precision artifacts seem more eye catching such as Venom-Wrist-Dispensor that increases your precision by I believe 54% >_> What might artifact gives that.... Not Tetra.. non troller powers don't even have a might buff power unless you include the claw artifact lmao. I can't have fun this way. Not only do I have to pay (my choice) again to increase my artifact ranks or spend hours playing but I also feel that precision is more beneficial in terms of stats and because precision dw-bow doesn't cost power and is the meta why would anyone want to play a might build. Heck rage is king as might but as always it depends on meleeing and you can't melee some elite raids and SM well you know.

I was actually starting a new toon as a hardlight troll built for precision as they seem to benefit more from precision for reasons I said above. I'm tired of seeing red as a rage toon lol Would love to have celestial combos be sped up again or some changes to might artifacts. Sorry for the rant. I haven't been legendary for a few months because I just don't seem to be having fun despite the cool Shazam styles and Etrigan and now that this game is coming to the Switch which I was really excited for, I can only ponder if I even want to bother starting all over on the Switch.
    • Like x 1
  2. De Hei Active Player

Ist true, that the artifact is really strong, but weaponbuffs lasts 12 sec and work only 6 sec. So the artifacts buffs the precision for just 27% all time ((54% over 6)/12) ;)

But yeah is a must have for precision players...
  3. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Another Might DPSer complaining about Precision....

Precision has a glaring flaw. It's boring. I see way less DW-Bow in groups than I do Muntions, Quantum, and Rage. Outside of single-target damage, Precision isn't that great. And again, in its most "competitive" form, it's super boring. Stop paying attention to the scoreboard and have fun. It's a cooperative game.
    • Like x 7
  4. Mazahs Loyal Player

How about make it .....
    I dunno balanced?

Kinda like the revamp was "suppossed to do"
    • Like x 10
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Sorry but most of the people who want prec nerfed aren’t looking for balance. They want might to be better than prec because they are might themselves. There are quite a few powers that can keep up and even beat precision. Instead of merging prec why not buff the powers that can’t?

You know what’s nice about precision? ANY POWER can use precision and be decent. I’ve seen bad precision dps get beat out by might a lot because they can’t do the combos properly.

People like complaining that precision is easy and boring yet it’s easier to mess up the prec combos compared to night where you hit a button and the damage is done.
    • Like x 5
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

Are you a precision dps ?
  7. Shredded Anarchy New Player

Should it not just be an easy fix to balance these out Might/Prec. Even if it meant we where to get a new Might based "Venom Injector" Like I have said before on YT and Other places, The DPS with Prec. Is alot and yes not just for SINGLE TARGET PS: I have a might and Prec. Build Both so yes I put them one/one my Prec. destroys my Might not by 100's of thousand's of damage no by Millions. Prec. and Might needs a balance for many many reasons, not just for the Scoreboard Chasers but for the players who enjoy doing things like Survival Mode but cant find groups because they Recommend or just flat out wont accept nothing but Prec. Based DPS (I understand this because the Prec. Single Target Damage is Hellasiously more then Might ever will be at the current time.) And is just another reason why Might and Precision should be doing the Same Damage. Now I dont agree that Prec. Should be nerf down to nothing - It is a playstyle in the game - But players who want to use their Powers over their Weapons should not be penalized for their choice.
    • Like x 2
  8. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

No one is really being penalized by anyone. A group is looking for a prec dps fine, make your own group. Its same with other roles, certain groups request some power or a certain sp. Whats next telling groups that they have to invite a 50 skill points tank for SM when they are looking for a 400+ sp tank.

Currently whats mostly unbalanced is the gap between the weakest might powers and the top might powers. That has to be resolved first and after that different weapons should be looked at and made viable. Last is when you nerf powers like nature might, look over electric again and even probably touch and adjust rage's berserk SC(again) to not be that op with its low cooldown and only 5000 SC cost. Weapon combos like dual flurry should also be looked at and balanced at this point but nerfing prec right now would not help at all.

If dual flurry was to be nerfed without any steps taken prior it would make a lot of powers bad for dps to begin with. We would still have these huge gaps between powers with nothing to decrease them and lastly it would be impossible to play as prec dps since no other weapon would be viable except for bow smokebomb which is melee and martial arts uppercut which also is melee.

People are fast to call something they don't like or agree with a problem without really having any answers.(I did read you didn't want a complete nerf but this is more as a reply to some of what you said and a lot of other stuff in this thread)
  9. Sungod El Level 30

I'm not asking for precision nerf. I remember a long time ago in Smallville alert where you become a Doomsday and your attacks and powers are so buffed it's really fun. I wanted to replicate that but it's hard which is why others wanted a physical powerset I.e serum. All I'm saying is there is no might artifact that gives such an increase. Precision has a lot of useful applications, such as the mod when you block counter and the enemy suffers damage from a percentage of your precision. They also have as I said two weapon buffs if you choose to be a troller power. Then they have the artifacts. Might users can only increase their might with tetra or another artifact which isn't even that eye catching as it is with the venom (if you don't go based off the stats but the actual artifact effects.)

A might version of the venom artifact would be nice but we don't have a might buff power. I don't even understand why they removed the might power buff. Speaking of artifact, the Book of Cain and Spear of Destiny would be nice if we got that sometime in the future.
  10. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

Thank you.

(Note: I play healer and controller roles, so I look at this whole might versus precision thing with a rather neutral viewpoint.)
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Remember, before venom wrist dispenser, prec wasn't anywhere close to being competitive with might. Venom wrist was/is an equalizer. Even still, that means that a precision DPS HAS to run venom wrist which means with three artifact slots, there really are only two that give the players options. Whereas with might, all three are optional depending on how you want to build your loadout.

Also, pretty much all of the "not so competitive but fun to use" artifacts give might but not prec like the dead king sceptor. I love using pets, backups etc and would love to be able to call them out more often in but as a precision DPS (and have been since I started) it doesn't make sense to run it at all.
    • Like x 3
  12. Mazahs Loyal Player

The same can be said for those who went prec route, they don't care about balance either. It's not a matter of a nerf, it's really a few combos that are obviously out preforming the others. So yes ANY POWER can go prec but you are going to have to use these combos which is why it's so darn boring.

We went thru this back with Light, Celestial and Rage way back. Again through the AM era, & are right back there.

IMO it's 1 of 3 things...
    1) The devs either cannot figure out how to balance these (likely)
    2) The devs simply don't understand the depth of knowledge and how much we players can get out of a power
    since they don't really play that much and typically make it worse (very likely)
    3) It's simply a way to get those hardcore players to pony up real $$ with artifacts and break-thru's by forcing the imbalance
    of a few things (I'd bet my house on this one)
    • Like x 1
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I agree 100% but here’s the thing. They shouldn’t nerf the. TWO combos that are the only things precision have. They should give a slight buff to the other combos. Makes each weapon be good for either range or aoe but not both. That’s why I made against a buff to explosive shot and ground pound in the dw tree but agree that they need to be buffed in other trees.

And somebody might powers need to be buffed. Maybe increases powers that have a dovetail like the channels which are powers that prec dps can’t use. Or maybe have them scale better with might. This way prec dps can’t abuse it.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I always love this argument that the game is not 'fun' because of some power imbalance (in this case a might/prec imbalance). That seems to me to mean that the only reason you find the game 'fun' is because you can top the scoreboard. Personally I find the game 'fun' when I can run raids and other content without an overwhelming grind being required, when I can slug my way through new content, or when completing a difficult feat I've been working on. I don't really care if I top the scoreboard, as long as I'm able to complete content. Yes, sure it would be easier to run things like top levels of SM if you are the OP power/Loadout, but personally I don't find it 'fun' to do the same moves/powers as everyone else chasing that FOTM. Yes, everyone's definition of 'fun' is different, but call a spade a spade. Change the post title to "Not top of the scoreboard..." or something, because having 'fun' should not require topping the DPS, or at least in an ideal world it should not.

For the record, I'm also not having 'fun' but that's because a new seasonal has started up, and I'm tired of killing the same fishmen every day, multiple times a day. Can't care less if I kill them faster or slower than anyone else though.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

agreed in general, it's even worse for me because i'm currently stuck in atlantis farming the moonstone material and ran the atlantis even stuff event before that, so event version+current atlantis DLC+2 atlantis themed capsules+summer event= way TOO much water/water themed things, i'm psychologically drowning in atlantean themed stuff. same with raids/alerts, nothing's "fun" about watching teams of incompetent team mates die or getting slaughtered ourselves over and over again and maybe not even finishing the raids/alerts after all of that. even when one can spare the expense of having their armor completely destroyed dozens of times, it still just makes raids/alerts outside of league runs (with leagues now requiring a minimum CR/SP, well what if they haven't made it to that CR then? PUG the sunstone core raids and others below that specific CR?) it's just not fun for the reasons you've mentioned. i've got enough hassle in my REAL life as i would imagine alot of people do, why would i/they want more in a game designed for entertainment/relaxation?
  16. Sungod El Level 30

So you believe i'm a scoreboard chaser because I see a flaw between how might and precision is being displayed? Did you even read anything? Awhile back we used to have a might power now we don't. As a controller you can use two weapon buffs. When you look at artifacts you will see Solar Amplifier is the only one that gives 5% might the book gives 4. Precision has two artifacts that give 5%. When you look at the effects Venom gives 54% Tetra doesn't even give that. Tell me I'm wrong or have something to counter because I know these reasons do not make me a scoreboard chaser.
  17. Danne0075 Well-Known Player

With your logic prec has the disadvantage. A low base might is over 40k while a high base prec is around 26k. The numbers dont work the same way thus making it so that when they make a might artifact they have to carefully calculate the numbers since 5% of 40k+ is not the same as 5% of 26k
    • Like x 1
  18. Sungod El Level 30

Fair point.
  19. Yaiba Committed Player

You go for HL prec troll, really? Might is better in this case :cool:
  20. Cliffdangerous New Player

It EZ fix add a might artifact or reverse the heat vision neft yall did.