SG elite: 4 players, no troll

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, May 20, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If you change Wolf Form or adjust it to where its completely different that changes ALOT of nature melee you would just end up going back to Gorilla semi-melee which is what I mean by that statement. In best case scenario's bow>smokebomb beat out most melee might PFTT powersets except the top tier rage/nature/earth and even gadgets is borderline. The thing is you are obviously susceptible to block as that wm combo but if you don't get blocked which is entirely plausible for the majority of content you are doing much higher burst damage.

There is no hate for "prec powers" all the powers are pretty much balanced with prec you have a few outliers like gadgets,ice,water which their extra abilities but prec power balance is fine, what isn't balanced is the weapon combos themselves. Those are what need adjustments not how powersets work with prec. There are like 40+ wm combos and only 3 are good? k.. you wouldn't even really think to use anything besides DW>flurryshot DW>explosive shot Bow>smoke bomb. 11 weapons and 40+ combos and you have 2 weapons and 3 combos that are good. That's not balance, and that's what needs adjustment a weapons pass.
    • Like x 3
  2. ALB Dedicated Player

The post didn't make no sense because it's bias. Prec DW and Bow WM is op compared to the other weapon combos. That's a point that has never been argued. The top prec combo should be compared to the top might combo.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Read my posts again, i never said i don't take issue with other powers, I've always said that if might were over parsing then it needs to be looked at, i said you can buff things or nerf things i don't really care.

If you nerf duel wield i have absolutely no issue nerfing any power of equal performance, I'm not some might fanboy lol, so you can take that thought out of your head lol

Im just keen on having content that encourages balance not anything that encourages the stacking of one thing, no matter what that thing might be.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

This is actually verifiably false. You don't retain full damage after the jump cancel unless you're hitting what is basically probably less an a 1/4th of a second window. A full Flurry combo is 5 on the hit counter. 1 from the tap range, 4 from the hold range. When you jump cancel, those 4 ticks get cut off depending on when the jump is executed. Which is why 90%+ of prec dps's are actually bad and beatable by might based people that are the top powersets. Because they repeatedly cut off 2-3 ticks from the hold range and have a total hit count of 2-3 instead 4-5. The ideal realistic goal is to hit 4 on the hit counter per combo, and while 5 is technically possible, I have not seen it consistently reached by any ps player nor pc because the window is that small. You'd have to use a macro to consistently get full damage. And the combo you're looking for that works exactly the same, but is actually easier to get that split second jump before the ending while still getting full ticks but mostly losing 1 tick is Doom Spin Mastery from Brawling.
    • Like x 2
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Yes and that perhaps was something i didn't make as abundantly clear in my post as perhaps i should have, so as to avoid confusion.

Im not a might fanboy, the point i was really trying to express is that without first balancing the weapons amongst themselves and the powers amongst themselves you're going to stay in this hot mess.

Once you've done that, i have absolutely no issue with looking at the top powers and weapons and asking are there reasonable equivelents.

There shouldn't be any powers and weapons that suck at both and currently there clearly are.
    • Like x 1
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

So bring Bow and DW wm down to the other weapons which is way behind other melee rotations. Rage, nature, earth, AND cele melee do the same or more damage than Bow wm melee. Electric at full range with more than 3 targets do too. You don't compare Bow and DW to the other underperforming combos. Like you don't compare nature to sorcery and say nature op.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Did i not say corrections were welcome?

Thank you for your clarity you did exactly what i asked. ;)

Now as a weapons expert you've opened a dialogue to discuss the issues present with only being 2 combos out of how many?

Would you say there being only 2 indicates an intention to have JC or not?
  8. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

That's the thing, there aren't 4 ST weapons. There's only 2. Enhanced Shuriken Mastery and Flurry Shot Mastery.
  9. Rev Almighty Level 30

If you're saying that it is impossible to hit all 4 ranged ticks consistently without using macros then this is false, I play on PC and I hit 4 ticks pretty much every time when I'm focused without using macros or any other third party program other than my fingers, reaction time, and hand eye coordination. I can name numerous players on PC and PS who can do the same thing. This is why some prec players shine way more than others. Some still argue there's no skill involved with flurry shot...
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

It was a hypothetical statement, put forth to summarise an example not a statement of fact ;)
  11. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Post footage then, because I just went through Jiky's footage and even he's not hitting 5 consistently and he's one of the better pc players at prec that I've heard of.
  12. ALB Dedicated Player

You and others have no problem with bringing the might powers to the prec level after it has been nerfed, but never make or support those post asking to nerf said powers.
  13. Rev Almighty Level 30

I know Jiky and he's a great player but in his videos I do see he doesn't hit 4 ticks, everyone that I've gotten into a group with and taught step by step how I time it has been able to do it as well after practice. I don't really feel like making a video just to prove that point. You can ask those that may know me like Jiky or others in Plats. Even in Earns video he goes on streaks of 4 ticks and when he doesn't it's because of him being alert of other things like mechanics, If you want I can show you in game if that does anything for you
  14. Proxystar #Perception

On the contrary the question just isn't asked correctly, I'm not going to derail a thread about weapons by talking about nerfing HL etc.

However, i certainly do not oppose balancing broken powers, the last thing i want is just for any perceived FOTM to simply move sideways despite the fact that's always happened in the history of this game.

In fact that in and of itself actually somewhat highlights the issue we are dealing with here and is testament to the fact stacking of one singular thing highlights an issue.

Again my primary issue really is that the only weapon being used is DW and Bow and 3 WM combos, it's not balanced.

If anything as well ask yourself too how is elite content being completed by 4 players without a troll? Does that concern you also? Just curious.. cause too me that indicates something is seriously out if whack when you can exclude a player role and beat the hardest content in the game ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

People still post these I want a cookie videos...reminds me of the good ol days
  16. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

I'm talking long-term* As in, can you go up to a sparring target and do 10 flurry combos and reach a 50 hit counter. In my best moments, I can hit 47-48, but I have hangs that cause me to start over 2-3 times possibly normally in the first 2-3 flurries. Floating in the 4's and 5's and getting streaks of 5's isn't impossible, but getting perfect 5's even at a target for a prolonged time is what I'm saying is impossible without a macro. Just getting 10 straight flurries perfect is barely at 15s so you can imagine if you can't do even do 10 flawlessly, the chances of doing a boss perfectly between stress, fatigue, and attention being elsewhere on mechanics, etc. are slim. Hitting might based powers such as the turret clip and stealth are technically free 5 hit counts because you're not jumping so you can afford to be slightly late because the animation is being cancelled by a power regardless.
  17. Rev Almighty Level 30

I'm telling you bro I can do it a majority of the time when I focus lol
  18. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

Majority* is different than consistently* so why are you responding still.
  19. Rev Almighty Level 30

Bro if we got into a league hall or an instance I can get 5 ticks everytime as long as a I don't get tethered or lag lol.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

DW-BOW broken or not broken that do not get out the merit of the team.