Your requirements for elite raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ice Lynx, Apr 19, 2019.

1. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Elite in any game is about flawless execution. It's about muscle memory and relexes and communication and knowing your power and loadout.

The whole jumping thing shows how unprepared people are. If someone has to tell you how to jump....how are we supposed to tell someone how to be better at the game if they cant jump?

Now Im not referring to you specifically, just in general.

There's a huge skill gap in the game now because a lot people left and a lot of probably people that started in 2016 or 2017 are now getting experience but aren't quite there yet.

If 3 people wipe due to a fluke at the start of a fight....just start over really quick. And what is with people taking forever to repair? Just hit "Repair all" and get back...

Be fast and be sharp!
    • Like x 4
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Uhm....if you're lagging and/or not doing the jump cancel, flurry is pretty average or at-level.

It's easy to shout for because people have seen its potential. You can still be "bad" with flurry
    • Like x 3
  3. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Cr and sp matters little in elite raids. It's survivability and doing mechanics.
  4. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

This is all correct...

I kinda stopped doing elite raids lately, just because of these things here, and people (like i mentioned before) who THINK they're the best... Not mentioning people who leave after 2 wipes, and if you're pugging takes forever to make a group, at least on villain side and so on. Ridiculous...

Sps aren't that important if your cr is, SKILLS are more important then anything in my opinion. Passed some elite raids with people who were REALLY LACKY with sps (alts) but those people were hell of skilled players, and knew how to survive and so on, dps was really really slow, but they knew their ****, few wipes yes, but everything was passed. Generally, i think people are ****** up, and it's easier to say: "You fu*king idiot, you're pathetic, noob" and so on rather then: "It's okay man, we can try again, we'll pass this in this attempt, it's fuuuuun it's elite raid" bla bla...

I guess people have forgotten the core of of the GAME in general point of meaning, which is FUN; not 2nd life ;)
    • Like x 5
  5. Schimaera Devoted Player

Uhm, we're talking about elite raids here. Everyone who can't jump cancel or lags shouldn't be here.

In terms of muscle memory and stuff, it hardly gets easier than flurry shot...
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

7. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Why do people keep saying this? Most loadouts when mastered will by nature become mindless easy button mashing....

It's a sequence of buttons, regardless of the game being played even.
    • Like x 2
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well regarding the repeating mechanisms, 123423145 I'd more complex than "tap hold jump". In addition depending on which power you're playing, you're way more mobile without any effort when you play prec. And I played almost all the powers now. When boss tells leave tou 1-2 seconds, some dovetails exist and are annoying. It's just a fact. Not a big one, but a fact nonetheless. Plus, for mediocre players, it's still the easier way that even with screw ups is pretty decent ^^
    • Like x 1
  9. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

That's why playing as healer is nothing but LUVE <3 <3 <3

It's never boring <3
    • Like x 2
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

If the rest of the weapons ever get the slightest increase in damage, then you're really gonna be in trouble. It's almost like you can do more in this game than watch a sequence of yellow numbers go off.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

I hear ya. I just started healing again after years. And it's not like riding a bike. You can forget quite a few things ^^
    • Like x 1
  12. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I'm not sure who it was, but some people probably felt clipping and fast animations were cheesy i dont know. Well that was ruined with GU 36.
  13. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

That's why i was always saying that they should REMOVE scoreboard, so people would not be really weighted by dps, instead they'd enjoy the game much more and play what they really want heh...

Yeah, healing is kinda always different in every raid, cause your healing depends on quality of the group hehe. So it's ALWAYS fun. :)

Healing is my No1, tanking after cause tanking can also be hell of a fun.

Dps is kinda brainless role for me. Never liked that...
  14. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

People would still do parses.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Wouldn't work for elite. Elite isn't ment to enjoy some funny abilities flying towards NPCs. If one would not be able to determine bad performance by boss damage done, I'd start looking for bad abilities being used and by that determine which player should be kicked.
  16. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I require seven people who can carry me and a bowl of green M&Ms in my dressing room.
  17. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

That's the issue, cause people EASILY find some weakness in people, TOO EASILY actually, acting like some judges or what eva, kicking people out of the group... Why not TRYING HARD a little bit instead of walking through elite raids? Why not HELPING someone realize what to do and help him do better instead of kicking them out?

ONLY THEN the game, community, raids and everything will be more fun. But that's impossible of course cause people enjoy acting like "gods" feeding on other weakness dumping their trash on them ;)

True, some raids are hard as fu*k (elites), but with just a little bit of patience, i'm 1000% sure that every raid can be passed.

You can have the best possible group, but one bad moment entire group will wipe, and if ******** and ******** starts, tension also increases, people loose focus, afraid of making mistake, not enjoying anymore, and that group is already doomed to fail...

I mean, this game, and these raids are REALLY FUN if you play then with nice people... But, if you run them with toxic people, well, you know hehe... :)
    • Like x 4
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Wait...you have your own dressing room!?!!?
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'd like to mirror your first question. Why should people not try hard in hard content? You made it sound like the group should try hard to carry the one with the sh*try loadout.
    Every group content is about the joy and fun of eight people. And basically everyone is responsible for the success and the enjoyment of the others. If one acts up and does not try hard, then it's seven other people who might fail.

I really enjoy teaching mechanics and rotations to others, but I expect some dedication to an extent. I just don't want to waste my time so one guy "just want to have fun bruh". That's what normal and event content is for.
  20. damirgabriel Well-Known Player

I've done that SO MANY TIMES. Helping isn't bad thing ;)

Yeah but, tell me, have you always been good player? Don't tell me you have been... There was a time when EVERYONE was terrible, maybe humiliated by others and so on. WHY do we need to **** on others? I mean, if you try to help someone, and the group still fails because of that person, then everyone agrees that group is about to fail, disband it, make other group some other time and that's it. I play one other game from time to time where you REALLY GOTTA KNOW mechanics, no matter what, and jumped into one raid for the first time, didn't know my part of mechanics, couldn't figure out at the first time, so i LEFT THE GROUP. That's how things go, but KICKING PEOPLE OUT is really rude...

BUT, as others know, i also kick people out of the group, but ONLY THOSE WHO AREN'T WORTH OF MY TIME AND ENERGY: Those who humiliate and plame others as well as who think they're the best and know everything ;)

Oh this is true, yeah. Seen some people who who literally wanted to do some their ****, and others to carry them just because they wanted to try some new stuff, some stupid things and so. Even sometimes ran with people who seemed like they wanna sabotage the raid on purpose... I mean, whatta hell... Yeah, those are definitely the ones i also tend to kick out. But, on my side, only those who raise negativities and bad people are kicked. I remember some people i "mentored", if i can say that way, who were ridiculous noobs back then, now they're one of the best players in the game (used to be tho, left the game a year or year and a half ago sadly...

But one way or another, i see your point. It's just, it's always good to at least TRY to help those who aren't doing THAT WELL in the raid hehe...
    • Like x 1