Bad benefits to being in a League

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Batrederik, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have a solo villain league for my main villain. It's 'truely' a solo league as she's the only one ever to be in it...no alts...no kids...no nothing, just her. I don't keep up prestige as I hardly play villain anymore (no time...no villains) but I did get my league hall open and have 14 solo statues up....that's kind of fun to see when doing 'lockdown' or 'breach' runs. But yeah....there is no drama in that league. I get along with 'all' the members just fine. I do have a 'private' hero league for alts and premium toons on the hero side as well, where it's me and my kids or nephews only. Again, pretty drama free there as if anyone gets lippy I can just ground them or cancel sleepovers ;).

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Patience isn't my strongest suit.
    But i'll investigate and see if there's more to this than is obvious **thanks**
    • Like x 1
  3. Batrederik Dedicated Player

try to enforce the powergaming is a idiotic way to play something that, in essence, must be a good vs. evil league that adapt the whole hero comics concept that is to teach lessons to the leader, member and give him, them enjoyment in spare time... Online league or leagues has leader* bossing you around. And if you don't follow the rules you are.. you are relieved of your league's command. .. and Many other things, unfortunally. And I, i spent 4 years in that league. But the league i'm in now is better.

But still. ..

I don't know right now but.. But maybe in the future I could, see myself with my own league **
  4. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Wait a minute, why are you saying this, I do believe you were attempting to say that leadership was a problem with leagues and you even basically complained about the mean old boss, as I read your reply, which should be the indicator of who really is responsible for the drama that you were displaying.

Nobody is forced to run with leagues who have bosses that set rules for their league.

There are plenty of casual leagues and players, playing the game, that anyone can join and get instant perks for joining, making this discussion seem more of a I'm mad moment because I broke some arbitrary league rule and I got reprimanded so I am going to paint the picture that they are wrong for wanting leagues to be ran a certain way(their league mind you).

You got the best answer and your reply sounds as if they were trying to recruit you to form a league where you have no intention on leaving the very thing you created the post about.

Makes me think, this whole discussion falls into a category with those who enjoy causing mischief and instigators, gitchers, and complainers that do anything to get their way.

Seems like an attempt to force a change that would limit league leaders from being able to control their own ideas of how they think a league should be ran.

If people are joining leagues that have rules in place, even if the league leaders decides to go a totally different way, I cannot find any reason for it to be seen bad, I can see what I would do, have done, had done, and what I wouldn't do, but the picture you paint is saying a lot, especially when people can and are encouraged to setup leagues as they see fit.

Not once have you said you left the league, which says you are in agreement with the terms, which says you also feel they are justified in having the rules, yet you want to make it appear like you are out and done with that and also trying to say something that really don't make sense about rules and enforcement.

I could be missing where you said you left or where you got disciplined.

As far as I can tell your speaking hypothetical.
  5. recoil2 Dedicated Player

mainly i'm just confused about the title, "Bad" and "benefits" don't go together...... something cannot be a "benefit" if it's bad, disadvantage was the closest word the thesaurus gave me for an antonym for the word benefit.
    • Like x 1
  6. Batrederik Dedicated Player

For you to say, that
    not all league leaders are dictators. That's just like, your opinion, And if you are playing to an member that you then attack you won't have an member the next time around. -- take it or leave it. But don't hit the other person over the head with it.
    Guess you missed where I said "...if you don't follow the rules you are.. you are relieved of your league's command. ". I never said I left the league. And not gonna dive into a heavy discussion.
    i have all the evidence. And psn allowing you to save photos, believe in the evidence of the miraculous psn, I have done, even if you don't believe me.

no not really . i spent 4 years in that league.. And i was happy before it went wrong.

This was not an
    attempt to force, nor change the whole limit with league leaders from being able to do what and how they think a league should be ran.
    league is about to show sportsmanship, in other words, treating all you play with as you'd like to be treated yourself. You demonstrate good sportsmanship when you show respect for your teammates. League is not a military.
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

There was nothing linguistically wrong with the example,
    benefits itself Is just, you enjoy the benefits of being a member now put in the bad it will be* poor quality of being a member or a low standard.
  8. Gucciana Committed Player

if someone tells you how to play tell them to beat it....if someone gets mad at you for not being online at somepoint...tell them to beat it if they ignore you over the fact that you arent always available...tell them to beat it this is a game to have fun on and enjoy yourself its not a job or a chore ifpeople cant see that...then beat it
    • Like x 4
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/benefit i really hate to be that guy, but the definition of benefit all around in the english dictionary means something GOOD which means it is directly paradoxical with the descriptor of BAD in this title. an oxymoron or paradoxical word usage if you will.
  10. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Yup it’s not a job, nor a military.
    That being said, when it's good it's really good and when it's not, it's pretty much meh.
  11. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I already know .. i guess I just wanted use it.
    So...
  12. AquiloFury Committed Player

So.. then you're saying that the solution the answer to all life's problems is to just beat it? Sorry I read that and instantly thought about beat it by Michael Jackson lol
  13. Gucciana Committed Player

lol
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seems like there might be a language issue somewhere, going strictly off the OPs posts. I've been confused on the theme of several of them. The title too. Might have been better as "Bad 'effects' of being in a league"...or maybe "side effects"....just saying. If the word was meant as sarcasm a pair of quotes over the word might have gotten the point across better Bad 'benefits' to being in a league or the like.

Original post seemed pretty straight forward....some leagues with "DO AS I COMMAND" mentality leaders and the sword hanging over your head of 'you could be kicked if you do not comply' rules isn't fun, even if it gets things done overall (forced league runs, Elite runs, feat grinding).....I don't think anyone would disagree. Seems to have warped into a discussion on truthfulness and semantics about various hypothetical situations in leagues.

Meh...I'm sitting this one out.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  15. Do Your Googles Active Player

Rules are expected to followed at all times. A leaders job is to enforce the rules and lead by example. If a person is unable or unwilling to follow the rules they do not belong in a league.
  16. Batrederik Dedicated Player

let me clarify something for you. If wrote a short article where I put up (bad benefits) .. That, that'll never happen.. But since this is the game-forum, I just did! and I wanted*

Hmm..
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You're reading what you want to hear into this whole thread. Not sure if it's because of poor reading comprehension, language issues from the OP or just trying to create your own drama. Either way, it's a stretch.
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Many leaders recognize that this is a video game and enjoyment is more important than arbitrary rules.

To each his own, however.
    • Like x 3
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

And just as it was getting good...
  20. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

So you caught feelings, it was fun in the league for 4 years until you decided that you no longer wanted to follow the rules.

Getting mad when someone, who made something, who set the guidelines for who the wanted, how they wanted it to be ran, and who has to enforce their belief with what they wanted is all on you.

Now you are missing what I am saying all together.

Almost sounds like your frustrated, got feelings and upset because you got called out or embarrassed because the league leaders said something to you.

Did anybody follow you or leave the league after the meltdown, I'd guess no.

No matter who I have run with I always run into 1 or more people who visit the forums.

Obviously you have no clue to any of this because you assumed that I would be apart of such a group.

I never join leagues with leaders like your description, to each their own, for me to tell you what to do, is me telling you what to do.

If you want to believe that in order to have fun you have to break the rules, then the consequences have to be accepted as well.