Players Staying Idle

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DeathRogue, Mar 6, 2019.

1. DeathRogue Well-Known Player

Okay I Wasn't sure where to actually place this topic. However I Would like it placed in the proper section if this is not that section.

So anyways yeah as it says Players who remain Idle in an Instance I think they should not receive any of the drops. It is not really fair to others. It ois Different if they Informed you to please wait but some dont do that. Myself If I go AFK I atleast le others know Ill brb. But when some just jump in the instance and Stand there while you do all the real work I Feel thats the same as them Leaving in the middle of the instance
    • Like x 2
  2. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

If it's alert I will die on purpose to get a chance to vote the lazy fools out I'm not in the moooood For That BS .In a raid it's much easier to get them out and I find most of these player's don't pull it in raids,Now Event raids that's a different story.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kzinti Committed Player

If they are to far away they will not get loot. But I have done the same Flawless, die on purpose to start a kick, mainly for event stuff.
    • Like x 1
  4. Davenport Committed Player

I hate those players. I can understand standing idly if you give someone a notice something is going on in the real world, but don't join and just sit there unil it's over.
    • Like x 2
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Exactly and What really gets me is they que up just as quick just to stand there lol like wf are you Serious **** .
    • Like x 1
  6. Davenport Committed Player

Mhmm. I had someone do that when I was a higher level (not too high, but high for the conent) running lower level stuff to get feats I never bothered with. They just stood there, thinking the higher level dude can handle it. I decided to play along and stood there until they started doing something (about four minutes) and then left them in the middle of the boss.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I also hate them, if it’s an event, alert or raid, I’ll call them out to make everyone aware of their idleness after a min or two (Incase they still phasing in). Most times a few players will either turn around and start jumping on them/also calling them out or start a kick

I really don’t mind if some players who go idle say like need a min to let dog out or whatever they need a min for, as long as they say something then go afk. I don’t mind waiting if they need a min or two
    • Like x 2
  8. Eve YouTuber

I asked my team to kick a guy after I noticed he's just following us around and idle at boss fights. They kicked him with no problem.
    We got another guy and continued the raid. These people really need to stop. I won't carry anyone and I'm sure most players won't.
    • Like x 2
  9. EP Ice Loyal Player

I do the exact same thing
    • Like x 1
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Smh the lazy ***** lol.
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

What I don't get is why they are bothering to "play" the game if they don't want to even play it. I just don't understand that attitude.
    • Like x 5
  12. Brit Loyal Player

I kick people out of raids for doing that.

I kick people out of alerts for doing that.

I drop myself out of duos when my partner does that.

In Stabilizers, I send them a hilarious message claiming that I'm brand-new to the game and I am also too scared to enter. Then I go AFK as well, so they're either forced to complete it solo without me (a reverse of what they wanted), drop and let me complete it alone, or just sit there in a war of attrition. After watching a youtube video, I'll cycle back, and if we're both still standing there waiting, then I'll drop and queue up again without them. But I refuse to run it without their participation.

The one time when I tolerate AFKs... is in 1v1 PvP. If I beat somebody in the Batcave, and then they just run up to the raised platform, or stand at the entrance, and don't come back to fight me again, I humbly accept their surrender. I mean, we could repeat that 1v1 fight a dozen times, but the outcome would always be the same. So I get it. Why waste 10 minutes losing when they could let me capture and get it over with in a third of the time. If you tried your best and you lost, that's cool. Do whatever you want at that point; I'm not going to grief you, kill you while your AFK to get you safe-zone booted and deny you your losing marks. Because honestly, with the small number of players playing in PvP, any sort of griefing or discouraging people seems counterproductive.
    • Like x 6
  13. DeathRogue Well-Known Player

Yeah the Stabalizers is where no matter what they still get them stabalizert fragments. They should not get nething from it .
    • Like x 2
  14. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I don’t see the logic in this. You sit in front of the tv either pressing buttons or not...one is fun and productive, the other is not.
    • Like x 1
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

there's really only a few options....

1. leave the instance
    2. kick the player... if the group does not vote in your favor, you can leave or tough it out because life is not fair sometimes and this is only a video game

to help avoid this problem in the future:
    1. place the player on ignore
    2. review the Click Here at the bottom of my signature on how to report a player

benefits of placing the player on ignore (in my experience):
    - you don't get placed on the same team when queuing up in matchmaking
    - you think twice when joining a group that has someone on ignore
    • Like x 1
  16. Earth742 Well-Known Player

When I get stuck with a player who won't participate in the Stabilizer event (at odd hours I know getting another match is slim to none) and I am forced to run it solo, I will add them to Ignore so I won't get matched with that character again.
    Problem is, as long as they still get the rewards they will keep doing it.
    In the case of the Stabilizer Alert/duo, the player who stays at the spawn point and doesn't move until it's over when they leave, they should get nothing. The player that did the work of two players, should get both rewards. They did the work, they earned it.

Group Raids/Alerts should have a similar mechanic; players who refuse to enter the arena, do not use any powers or attacks, should get nothing and their share of loot & XP should go to the others who did participate actively.
    • Like x 1
  17. Brit Loyal Player

Today, my AFK partner in Stabilizers had the misfortune of being in the Flash Museum. This is my favorite, because the gate does not occur until after the first wave.

I pulled all the first room enemies right to the spawn. I toggled to tank role and just rotated my shields (Ice) so that I didn't take any damage, while slooooowly the enemies killed my partner.

It was hilarious. Time well-spent. Highly recommended.
    • Like x 2
  18. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I assume they feel the 'reward' is worth the risk of the occasional kick. After one Halloween Nightclub mission the scoreboard revealed one player with all zero's. Someone commented it would have been an easier fight if everyone participated, and the AFK'er said in /say "I love this". I assume that to them, their "playing" enjoyment is in getting other people to do their work. Unfortunate, but that's the way it is.