#Increase escrow cap to 1mil:D

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8K3n, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Daybreak already provides a temporary escrow increase option. The problem is you don't want to pay it.

Now... think about this... if they charge this price for a temporary escrow increase ...

How much do you think they would charge for a permanent escrow increase?

Answer this:

Would you be prepared to pay $90 to have access to a permanent escrow cap of $10,000?

$150 for 50,000?

Would you be prepared to RENT an unlimited escrow for ONE YEAR for $79.99?

If the answer to any of these is no, or if you say, "it should only cost $10 for 10,000 cap" then you're wasting your time and the devs' time as well.
    • Like x 2
  2. Klownnuke Active Player

The game is no longer worth a sub.
  3. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Which is why over 4000 players just paid for lifetime memberships.
    • Like x 3
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I guess they should just give it away for free then.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

It just feels like I don't want to accept? lol

At absolutely no point in that post above did you remotely acknowledge the prices I posted, you've just gone off on a wild tangent about other things, now you're unhappy with the inventory limitations and blaming that, what's next?

I actually do and can tank in the game, the difference between you and I, is that I actually subscribe so I don't have issues with the frustration in repairing my gear. Notwithstanding that point I don't repair my tank gear a lot because I don't spend a lot of time dying.

selling the vendor gear from the vault was just one example of how you could obtain revenue in game to get repairs done, there are numerous other ways that if you had even a remote desire to look for wouldn't need me to spoon them to you, in fact the mere fact that I'm having too is truly tragic.

If you wish to discuss the actual math I presented and point out how somehow it's incredibly wrong, despite the fact I could just go screenshot it if you like, then we can continue to converse here, otherwise all you're doing now is ranting and raving about how you're not getting to eat the cookie because you're not paying for it.
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Why do you think it is no longer worth it for subs?
    IMO, You couldn't give me a premium account because it would just sit there and collect dust along with my other premium accounts collecting dust.
    • Like x 2
  7. Dene Devoted Player

We do not always agree Knarly, but 100% agree with you here.. whether it is my playstyle or daybreak's choices on subscriber perks (i'm guessing both) - Legendary is the only way I can play now.

I see both sides of this argument.. but after some time & experience, in the game, I see Premium as a a sort of stepping stone, not a final stop. The perks of legendary, in my opinion, are just the right amount of worth to subscribe, not everyone will agree & that is life.

One of my best friends in this game, used to play daily & was Premium... it suited his lifestyle, play style & budget.. he played Premium like a virtuoso on a violin, knew what to buy, how to get all the gear & collections etc he needed to do great in the game.. he chose that & he amazed me with his ingenuity lol - He never ever, though, put down others for being Legendary or thought Premium should get extra.. he knew he made a choice & had to deal..

I use to read threads by some bragging they were Premium (calling Legendary people suckers/sycophants/losers etc etc) but then those same people would post these threads... to me that is hypocrisy, you are happy paying less then great but then live with the consequences (good = less money spent, bad = less perks)
    • Like x 4
  8. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

You cannot say "700% by adopting the current mode" when at the time you had a single dlc and as any kind of player(free, premium, member) you were capable of buying the basic needs(repair, mods, etc...). However, you can still use it to say, that free/premium players took part in that value.

That would be true, but from the previous options i gave, if i remember correctly only 2 removed the escrow functionality altogether. The others would only slightly increase, while still making players encounter the same problems as repair gear, buy stuff from a vendor, etc. No new player is going to enter in the game and pay for each episode, they either buy a membership and then the latest episode or they keep buying the membership, but then no new player is going to buy a membership whit 4 hours of lfging and 5 mins of being carried on a raid, but that's a different topic:3.

I know Daybreak doesn't care much about their "premium" customers, and I get it. Your point is valid. But going into the database and replacing 2000$ to 5000$ doesn't make them lose money in any concrete way possible. It keeps the hassle that players have, so is not worth dropping your sub, while making everyone else happy. We just added the latest dlc, let's raise it to 200 more, 5200, just like sp allocation. This would be less painful to me as a premium and may be beneficial to the group.

So what are you doing Johnny? Oh, I'm selling gear! How much time that will take. I just repaired my head and shoulders, 8 Pieces left to go! Will this cap increase still force have to carry sodas around? Yes, very likely...

I may have gotten abit to far, I apologize for that proxy. I'm not contesting my inventory options, the point I was making is that I cannot carry 24/7 stack of sodas whit me all the time. Also when you said "mods, chrono emmiters" ain't required, that's straight...
    If they weren't required would people use them? There are situations where they are must to have. As a tank, you should be supportive of that, yourself. Hey, this is a nail, quick grab that hammer! Hey, this is a screw, use that hammer! Hey, this is a nut, quick go grab that hammer! So as you can see it doesn't work like that, if chrono emmiters allows you to change your gameplay completely they are a necessity. You may even be able to use it in the screw but whit the nut?

There is not any real point in daybreak part to not slightly increasing the escrow cap. To the point where the hassle still exists but it, is in allright levels. Increasing escrow cap based on dlc brought is alright, give it 200$ more increase for each dlc. It doesn't hurt legendary in any way possible. That would roughly reach 7000$(35 dlcs each giving 200) + 2000 = 9000$ escrow cap. Plus, buying all dlcs is roughly the price of lifetime 266.27$(just added all steam dlcs) reaching the price of the lifetime, or even exceeding a little bit. So yeah, will a member player buy all dcs instead of that sweet 12$ a month? Very unlikely. Increasing the cap would be a nice gesture from daybreak, to their loyal premium players that brought all the dlcs each time they went live. Do they have to do it? No, but it really hurts for those players that everytime a dlc drop, brought it. They may not be as great as a sub and that is accepted, however they still did their part in the game success and longevity. (No one has to use the top best chrono emmiters etc, if I was forced to use the 2 dlc old chrono emmiters, it would be all right, it wouldn't be the best, but like I said as a premium im not interested in the latest shinny stuff)
  9. Proxystar #Perception

To alleviate a problem I've proven doesn't exist.

You can still easily repair your gear within restrictions of your premium cap.

Seriously what's your toon name? would you like me to mail you 5 stacks of 99 soders, call a late christmas present, it'll repair your gear 55 times after one KO ;)
  10. Accept New Player

Honestly the best solution to this is to up the escrow limit to 10k. So premium players don't complain. See with 10k you can buy pvp gear. Get items worth more than 2 to 10k. You will be fine. I'm pretty sure you can't be that broke to buy legendary but ups and downs still exist. I agree with Proxystar but this post can be resolved with soder colas from friends.
  11. Accept New Player

And plus I would love better colas besides the nitros and bottled city soder. Like a GOD cola that gives you a percent of super charge, power, and of course health. We have nitros but I need that supercharge. I deleted my gemini (well personal problem) but if you can just do 3.5% supercharge up. We all will be happy.
  12. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

My name is Imtheverybest, you likely saw me alot on lfg:3 Only if u send me a sexy message I will accept it;3 Since im premium let me ask for a free white aura! (Need to stack those, in the premium community that's a treasure) Even whit 9k I don't think I could still afford to buy that anyway.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Don't know about the white aura or the sexy message but I'll mail them to you tonight.

Would you like some personal dampening fields and chronometric emitters as well?
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I swear, if 5 stacks of sodas ends this thread I would have sent 1 stack from my each of my Premium toons just to prove a point.

BTW...make sure you send 1 stack per mail so he can pull down one at a time, otherwise you send him off on how he didn't have room in his inventory to claim the mail.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Maybe that's what we do every time someone asks for a cash cap increase respond with "would you like 5 stacks of 99 soders?" Lol :D
    • Like x 1
  16. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

I will gladly take those dampening fields too. But you and I would be more glad if you didn't have to send them in the first place and No sexy message is unacceptable! Now serious its a problem that should be fixed. Would be nice from devs part to say, "We are exploring possible solutions", you may not want to see it but the current membership model affects the game.

I once tried to invite a few friends over, a group of 8 and they all ditched the game once they found their "limitations", obviously we are all pc. For the current membership system daybreak has for pc, there is better in the concurrence if you know what I mean, so there is really no incentive for a pc player to play dcuo in 1st place. They either open dlcs perma free + keep escrow or they change escrow + keep selling dlcs. They gonna have to give one of those too if they want new players to stick whit the game(they already have free implementations for part1 whit 14days reset time on raids).

Well if part 1 happens which should, at least they can now truly advertise a free-to-play experience. Would I buy the dlc? Ye i realy love that 7 raid reset time. Will people drop their sub? Well the "ultra" casuals may. Will we get more new player? If done right, yes alot of new players.
  17. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Well, I was really close to giving this post the thumbs up.... but realized that "improving the game for the better" isn't quite 100% true. It's just 'better' for the peeps that don't have subscriptions.

But, the other stuff I agree with you :)
  18. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

10k?
    That gives me access to the stuff on the R&D vendor that I use now. Yeah... set our cap to 10k, so I can stop subscribing and never purchase another darn tootin' thing ever again.

You see, it isn't the repair gear that people want to claim is the problem. It's all of the other stuff in game you can do with that increased cash limit. Hence the "increase our cash cap" thread rather than the "lower repair costs" thread.
    • Like x 1
  19. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Well if you brought all dlcs so far, ye why not? Don't see why not seriously, and what pvp gear you buying? Cause my pvp cr is 101 and i dont remember subbing to buy pvp gear.

We talking about lets say buying member, wait for it to run out. Buying last dlc and have 2200$ escrow cap. Oh boy, now u have 200$ more u gonna buy an all bunch of stuff now!
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Oh im not sending them to you because i have to, nor because i think the system restricts you to the point you need me too.

Im sending them to you because I'm being nice ;)
    • Like x 2