Broker rework/update/overhaul.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tzalim, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Tzalim Level 30

What I want to see is a broker update and or rework, maybe a complete overhaul. I played this game for about 5 yrs almost every day, 7 days a week. The broker is getting out of hand. Back in about 2013 or 2014, I never did see anything like it is now. You have collection's going for 100, 150 and even 300 million. Back in about 2013 and 2014 you never saw a collection for 150 million, maybe 5 million if that. It will hurt me too cause I sell everything when a new dlc comes out for about 2 weeks maybe even 3 weeks. Money is kinda easy (to some extent) to make. But still kinda out of hand. And the seal tab is still in the broker, when there is no seals to buy on the broker. This is one thing that needs to be changed! Thx Tzalim.
    • Like x 1
  2. LadsDcuo Well-Known Player

Umm fam back in the day everything was overpriced cc hood would be 50-100 mill exobite stacks would be mills etc etc
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I started during the first year. The most expensive thing in the broker was Superboy Plaque Rubbing for $25 Million. Now you're very lucky if you get $5 Million for it.
    • Like x 2
  4. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

I remember when it used to sell for 200mill. Superboy Plaque collection used to sell for 40-60mill too. 16 Red Bytes when the money was allllll messed up were selling for 200mill lol Soder remix plan was like 550mill. He should be happy it wasn’t like 2012
    • Like x 2
  5. Tzalim Level 30

Well, nevertheless the broker needs updating!
  6. Tzalim Level 30

I wasn't around in 2012, I started playing sometime in 2013 and haven't quit.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Players are always going to overprice items they put on the broker.
    • Like x 1
  8. Tzalim Level 30

True, but the devs should put a limit and or cap or something. Again, I know game cash is is kinda easy to come by especially if you play the broker. I know members of my league that don't have the game cash to get the higher items like collections or maybe the devs can put something in to where you get a collection that you have 11 of 12 or 5 of 6 and it will be a higher chance of getting the collection you need in the loot table. That's all that I'm saying.
  9. tukuan Devoted Player

I assumed you meant the broker UI needed an overhaul. That I am behind 100%.
    • Like x 8
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

The Devs will never nor never touch by placing Caps on the Broker. Thats big brother taking too much control. Broker prices are outrageous but like anything, have patience and the market will show high supply and low prices.
    • Like x 1
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

If someone buys it, it is by definition not overpriced. This is remedial econ, here.
    • Like x 3
  12. Vesper Dedicated Player

My first day playing the game back in 2011, I got an Acoustium Casing out in the Suicide Slums of Metropolis. My hubs was looking in the same area and noticed that all he needed for that collection was that piece. He looked on Broker, it was $50 million. He teased me for weeks that I should have sold it not eaten it.

Broker is fine. Things sell for the prices peeps are willing to pay. Peeps sell for the price they want to get. And if no-one buys at the price the seller wants, either the seller relists at the same price, waits, or lowers their price.

If you want to play the Broker game, go make some money. It's not hard.
    • Like x 4
  13. Tzalim Level 30

I do play the broker and I've have plenty of money just wish we had a quality of life update with the broker. That's all
  14. Kestral Committed Player

Quality of life update would be something like being able to jump to page ## whatever when your looking though 100 pages of base items. Having styles you've already collected not show up if you have 'usable by this character' selected. Splitting TC collections and styles into their own tabs separate from the other collections and styles that are likely to be completable.
    • Like x 7
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The prices on the Broker are the market prices, decided on by how much the players are willing (or desperate enough) to pay
    About the only people who complain about the prices (and NOT saying OPie is one of them) are the ones who want something for about 1000% less than what it is listed at (or for free). If you don't want to pay the price listed, then either wait and see if it gets relisted cheaper or see if anyone is willing to trade

Oh, and just because a particular tab is empty of items does not mean the tab should be removed (unless the item for that tab has been completely removed: for example, you can no longer farm Bytes, butt people still have stacks of them)
    • Like x 1
  16. Kestral Committed Player

The seals were made account bound and a no longer tradable on the broker. So unless they are bringing them back it's just kind of teasing people by its existence. But they totally make it a different category instead of just deleting. ;)
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you for explaining
    • Like x 1
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

When Home Turf and the Lair system first came out a lot of people scrambled for stuff to put it in. One set of items were the dinosaurs, saber tooth tiger, etc.. They were on they broker for 50-100M each.

The thing is, everyone was scrambling to figure out where those things dropped. No one could figure it out until one to two weeks later when they started showing up on test.

The theory: The Devs put them up themselves in order to get a ton of money out of the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

You're forgetting about those of us who were around during the cash exploits. (Don't ask) A lot of people were able to keep their ill gotten gains.

Many of these people bought up the most expensive items in the broker and reposted them at hugely exaggerated prices. The only people who could afford them were other exploiters. And so it went on, and on, and on.

Without these events occurring we wouldn't see these outrageous prices like we do today. In fact, I'll go on the record and say that I doubt anything would have been over $50 Million if crap like this wouldn't have happened.
    • Like x 1
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Broker does need an over haul, especially the collections. I would like an option where I can go to what ever page I want to. Or at least make where if they are separated alphabetical order. If you want to see all the collection start with C, click on the C. In stead of scrolling one page at a time.
    • Like x 3