Downtime Server Downtime - December 12, 2018 - Game Update 90

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I do want to thank the devs for doing this update on a Wednesday, the best possible day for players (instead of Thursday, the worst possible day for players) & hope they continue releasing all future updates on Wednesdays. Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  2. TriZoc New Player

Wh
    When is the next style unlock
  3. 01 Cantore Level 30

when it will be that we can see the improvement of the graph for pc
    • Like x 1
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

6. gameaddict Level 30

Seeing they said it was ''high'' priority ages ago, i'm gonna go with ''soon''. :rolleyes:
  7. gameaddict Level 30

I agree, these updates are way more convenient on Wednesdays. Though i do have to add, please keeping doing the actual DLC implementations on Thursdays, those type of updates are more fair on a Thursday because of the time zone differences imo.
    • Like x 2
  8. Trinz3tt3r New Player

We need sm I surely do! Lol Something to test our 260 cr lol, dmg tank heal troll lol
  9. Trinz3tt3r New Player

Test our skills lml then y we op lol
  10. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Tell that to EU players who get completely screwed over for an end of the week clean up (which I was literally just about to do) by Wednesday updates. Even more so if the downtime is extended for whatever reason. If that happens, I miss all my dailies and some weeklies I need to finish. So no, not great at all. Never has been for the last 8 years and never will be.

Absolutely nothing wrong at all with a Thursday update.
    • Like x 1
  11. Coffee Iced cream Level 30

Lair and capsules, seems kind of a small update, so why 8 hours. What actually takes place?
  12. seeg88 New Player

of course it would be today. with down time at work (i work from home), i can't hop on and try to get a couple of things knocked out today. <sigh> seems like it always happens this way.
  13. kingmasternova Loyal Player

The full update note Isn't in the Live Update Note sub forum just checked.
  14. Isif Committed Player

So Tuesday is the ideal day for updates. Thursday is bad for the States. Someone will always be dealt the small inconvenience of a slightly late start.
  15. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I typically do ALL of these minus the contacting my local Congressman (he's still playing Atari 2600 so it's a lost cause/hope).
  16. Cole MacGrath New Player

8 hours!! Damn its 1am here and I only just got time to play today :(
  17. tormentor888 New Player

will this game EVER get a graphics update???
    • Like x 1
  18. powerwoman274 Well-Known Player

Don't know about that but wait and find out in the future :D
  19. myandria Item Storage

Hhahhaaa!

Waaaiiit....

You don't really do most of those things, do you?

The internet is not the Lord and Master of all; here, have some snacks and a drink. It will be alright.

I guess I am a lost cause as well; I always have at least one of my old consoles ready to go. This time it will be the Super Nintendo and the PS2 getting a workout today.
  20. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....

I think the 8 hour time frame is more like a *fail-safe*; if something goes wrong with the update within that time (say, a server issue happens in the first 3 hours, for example) then the devs have a 5 hour cushion to correct it. If an update will take longer than the original time frame the devs can give notice ahead of time, no matter how hot the forums get.

Gone are the days when an MMO would shut down between 2-3 am Eastern Time and be back up around noon. I know that the current time frame for updates is more convenient for most players, but I miss those overnight update times.