Livestream Preview: Atlantean Lair & Time Capsule!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Livestream Preview: Atlantean Lair & Time Capsule!

In Wednesday's game update, we have a new Atlantean Lair theme and a new Atlantean-themed Time Capsule. What styles await? Join us at 9AM PT tomorrow while servers are offline for Game Update 90.
    • What: Atlantean Lair & Time Capsule Preview
    • When: December 12, 2018 @ 9AM PT
    Replay:
    • Like x 11
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Hmm not sure if I'm ready for another TC o_O
    • Like x 10
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

Really disappointing to see another round of Time Capsules so soon.

More grinding in-game cash for meaningless feats.

So tiresome to be into a third year of this.

Time Capsules are abysmal.

Remove the feats.

Please.
    • Like x 9
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding
  5. OP Arina New Player

At some point, please consider stopping new time capsules and just recycling through the old ones.
    • Like x 6
  6. recoil2 Dedicated Player

alright i'm game, i'll give the atlantean capsule a shot, i thought the last one would be based on sons of trigon because it said "cursed" "gotham" capsule, but i'm really hoping it isn't actually atlantean themed. there's only so much water i can stand in a month before being dropped in a volcano starts to sound like a welcome alternative.
  7. Isif Committed Player

Is this connected to the seahorse races? The new race is what I look forward to.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

*getting wet intensifies* ;)
  9. SN0W5T0RM New Player

Really thought this was just a joke, new TC. Guess you forgot less than 2 weeks till Christmas, I'm not buying you a Christmas gift this year. Want everyone's money for the holidays so you can in return give us some ridiculous shirt. First a large amount of employees are let go at Christmas, now you want a bonus. This is ridiculous.
    • Like x 2
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

They do this every once in awhile. They're called 'Resurgence Capsules' and were most recently dropping in September and October. I'm certain they'll do it again in 2019.

In the meantime, there is a surplus of old Time Capsules on the Broker, going pretty cheap if you need something specific.
    • Like x 3
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah but the thing is those are limited time and require 7 stabilizers to open.

So unless you got money or intentionally avoid opening new time capsules until a resurgence hits, you'll likely miss out an alot of the feats and cosmetics you would need for the older TC's.

Of course, there's the 2nd chance/Booster Gold Vendor which might be the fix to this; but we'll have to wait and see if he continues to get updated with more rewards from previous TC's.
    • Like x 1
  13. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

No.
  14. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Fortunately you can't save those capsules like the first resurgence, in a way wish the newer resurgence capsules didn't expire, I'd open them when I don't need to open the newer capsules
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

they are not forcing you to open time capsules or to buy your feats.
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Hands over money for Atlantean lair theme.

Time capsules huh, seems like a quick turn around this time.
    • Like x 1
  17. Max Inferno Active Player

When TC first started they stated that they were shooting for a new one getting released every 8-10 weeks. With a few notable exceptions they have stuck to that. I'm glad we are getting a new one before the holiday vacation.
  18. Shadowstar New Player

I agree the level of wallet squeezing is getting stupid - and I grow just as weary of the TC as everyone. It would be nice if Daybreak actually listened to us (your customers) and removed the feats. These comments are years old now, many great players have left the game because of capsules, and the goodwill you have counted on from your loyal fan base is wearing out.

Mainly due to a drastic reduction in the size of the loyal fan base in reaction to this. You cannot sustain this.

In the reach to gain thousands from your experienced players rather than hundreds as in years past you have squeezed those customers right through your fingers. Keep this up and you will not have enough left to squeeze.
    • Like x 5
  19. Shadowstar New Player

Actually, the original goal was 4 a year - 1 per quarter or DLC. They also tried to reassure players - they were "trying this out" and that they may not even continue with capsules. But they have changed that since capsules have a captive audience for competitive players who need to keep up their skill points (along with) the rest of the crowd. In short, they are pushing them on us as much as they think we will bare.

It is almost like they are a business and they like money! But...there comes a point where customers have to speak out and say enough. Every TC that goes by that voice just keeps getting louder and louder. Also, the loyal fan base gets a little smaller and smaller.
    • Like x 2
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

[IMG]