CYBER MONDAY SALE!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nawanda Loyal Player

Anyone thinking Replay Badges would go on sale three weeks into a new DLC should, for their own sake, never start or run a business.
    • Like x 5
  2. Killah Criss Well-Known Player

Mepps, do yourself a favor and change this sale. Include the stuff we want. I can probably guarantee the profits yall will see from this sale is gonna be about the same as any week based on how many people yall just pissed off.
  3. Time Stone Active Player

Well, I would buy some stuff. But I have to spend my monthly DB cash (GIFT) on Seals to max out 1! of my artis or augments/month. Sad but thank you...
  4. rPOM New Player

"Excludes Tributes, Time Capsules, Stabilizers, Respec Tokens, and Replay Badges".Hahahaha, omg, this is the worst Black Friday. This is worthless sale. Don't be so greedy)
    • Like x 2
  5. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

well overall everything I was planning on getting is going on sale, but im going to hold off in hopes of a repeat of last years sale around Christmas.
  7. NIckNock Well-Known Player

I am so relieved to see a thread with different views regarding a topic @DCU. The best time for the replay sale would be after Christmas or New Year advertised in December. Do you need a internet connection to play DCU online? meow.
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

People still haven't learned yet....

It's very rare that replays and stabilizers are on sale. Those are like gas for your car, people will buy them no matter the price, so to daybreak it's logical to keep them at full price. You want that to change then speak with your wallet and stop buying them so much, which will never happen.

Enjoy your sale!
    • Like x 5
  9. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Some people take too much for granted, really.
    I'm surprised respec tokens are excluded but other than that, nothing has change people.
    Besides, they may have plans for other sales in the near future, cyber monday, winter holidays who knows.
    I can feel dissappointed in advance because I'm sure PC players won't get any membership sale anytime soon (but we have almighty AllAccess IDGAF about).
    • Like x 1
  10. SirTanksAlot Level 30

include name change devices?
  11. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Agreed. I'm ready to use two seals of completion right now.
  12. arcfussion Well-Known Player

I'm not one to be negative , usually , but I must agree with the general concensus here, worst sale to date. Daybreak has excluded almost everything that we as players are willing spend OUR hard earned money on ! I know they feel they will make money on those digital items anyway ,but they need to look at it in a different way. If you sell say 100,000 replays per week at full price (just throwing a number out there for demo purposes ) and you had a 50% Off ALL marketplace items sale where you sold 400,000 replay units, thats double the the income (400,000 units at 50% off = 200,000 units at full price ). That's all on a digital item that you dont have to physically store ,stock or reorder.Volume sales should always be your goal in any successful digital sale. Thank you for the sale nonetheless . Have a great Thanksgiving everyone ! Arcfussion CR 258 Earth toon ( main toon ) USPS4 server
    • Like x 1
  13. Glacier Extreme Well-Known Player

Im so glad someone else fully understands sales and marketing here.
    • Like x 1
  14. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I'm surprised people even expected replays to be on sale at all, especially to get their hopes up so much to experience the amount of hurt I see in some of these posts. Respect tokens was kind of questionable to me but replays were a given to not be included. If you guys got the replays on sale now you would all be complaining in a week complaining about "how board you are", or "this game is dying there's nothing to do".
  15. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

And then possibly ruin the longevity of an episode that is intended to last for months? I know some are using replays to buy over feats, but the majority would be spent on end game content. Most would blow their wad in a weekend then whine they are bored when they have nothing left for months. The money you guys think they would make off replay badges for 3 days isn't worth it
  16. arcfussion Well-Known Player

Honestly I wouldn't be bored at all, because I'd have time to work on leveling up my many alts. And we're all grateful for a sale ,but the exclusion of the most important and needed items isn't a realistic business model . It's like your Ford dealer is having a huge black Friday sale ,but it includes the Festiva and the Focus only . All F series pickups ,Mustangs and other models are excluded from the sale.And yes, they've had replays on sale many times before so no reason not to expect them to be now. But it's they're business to run as they see fit ,so I'll just hang onto more of my cash and stick to the artifact supplies for my alts.No love lost or grief , just , oh well. Not this sale I guess.:cool:
  17. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Lucky you DCuo I have an eye of gemeni artifact I’d like to get to 160.. I personally pick one artifact and level it up to the max only if it benefits me in both roles.

so for my dps/troll I have my cloak at 160 and for electric dps/heal I’m doing the eye of gemeni 160 the rest of my artifact are 120 and I could care less.

Anybody know how much many Purchases of 75,000 xp it takes to reach to level 160 from 120? Not planning on waiting for another double xp weekend
  18. Proxystar #Perception

This 1,000,000% - some people need to tone it back and calm down.

Sometimes people seem to lack any common sense.

It is the third weekend of a new DLC and people are crying because replays were not 50%.

What do people think would have happened if they made replays 50%?

1. people spam replays and finish the entire DLC in the next few days to 2 weeks.
    2. people come to forums crying and moaning and scratching and wailing about how they have nothing to do, DLC sucks we're bored

the alternative is therefore to take a bit of a backlash on the lack of replay sale because the 'sheeple' don't realise they need protection from themselves.

This is a 3-4, month DLC, you honestly expect them to severely undermine their DLC, it'd become Deluge all over again.

As for the rest of the items, respec tokens etc, I can see some justification in that sort of complaint, but on the opposite side of the same coin, we're not actually entitled to a sale just because we choose to play the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

9, you may need a small amount of Nth metal after that.
    • Like x 1
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Your math works only if you assume that the 400,000 sales of replays are solely from buyers who would NOT have bought replays anyway. If you sell 100K a week at 100 for $10 (again....general math for purposes of this discussion), thats $10K a week in sales, or $40K income a month for DBG. If you sell 400K on the sale, at 50%, or 100 for $5, that's $20K for that week and double as you say BUT what does it do to the rest of the month's numbers? I'm guessing a lot of the replay buyers buy throughout the month normally but would not need to now that they stocked up.....so in the end you could end up at 20k income for the month vs 40K under normal sales rate.

I'm sure the number is somewhere in between with some new buyers and some regular buyers, but I'd bet money it's not going to double the sales numbers over the month. I'm also guessing that DBG has stats that show that after a 1/2 price Replay sale (we have had them...just not in a while) the next few weeks of replay sales are way lower. If they had stats that showed they maintained a normal sales level after the sale in addition to the increase in sales during the BF sale, Replays would be included.

Reinheld
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.