Iconic Powers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Roth, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

Devs are anti-anything thats not Batman, Flash and other male superhero inspired, and anything they cant put in a TC so...
    If I were them I would expand the iconic powers since there isnt a new powerset in the works.
    I think we had enough with systems full of "air", like artifacts and augments. I like them and they were kinda "necessary" to a degree, but in a superhero mmo I want to feel super and have superpowers you know, not only super-invisible stats that they ninja-nerf after, leaving our characters exactly the same lol
  2. L T Devoted Player

More from legends/already in-game:

Supergirl's whirlwind combo.

Bane's multi level venom supercharge. Can rename it and make it Giganta-themed.
  3. L T Devoted Player

Also Dr psycho's clones!
    • Like x 2
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Whip and wand please!
  5. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I don't think we have a *Batarang*... What i do think we got is the Batarang Multi-Shot
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not my problem.
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I’d Like to Help Out, But I Don’t Have the Capacity Right Now thx
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We definitely need more Iconic Powers, including, but not limited to:

• X-Ray Vision (we had it before, BRING IT BACK!)

• Shoulder-Mounted Cannon

[IMG]

(Like Earth 3's Alexander Luthor uses in the Earth 3 content, but illustrated with the Marvelous Competition's War Machine, because I can't find screenshots of the in-game Alex Luthor firing the thing. We have that Back Style in the game for our characters, but no attack animations to show it being used. This needs to change A.S.A.P!)

• Wrist Guns

[IMG]

We have several Weapon Styles, and 1 Hand Style, based on Deadshot's signature Wrist Guns, but except for a couple Gadgets Powers, there's no attack animations for them, despite years of player requests. Make them an Iconic Power and call it a day.

• Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launchers

[IMG]

Again, we have a Back Style or 2 that give our characters Shoulder-Mounted Rocket Launcher Pods, but there's no attack animations that show them being used, even though enemy NPCs may have such attacks. Like the Visitor's Shoulder Cannon Back Style, they're for show only. Make a shoulder rockets "Missile Swarm" attack an Iconic Power and call it a day. ;)
    And that last image, of course, show's the Marvelous Competition's War Machine, who uses all 3 armor-mounted weapon systems to devastating effect! Our characters can have these weapons visible on their armored costumes, so LET THEM USE THEM! ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Still want Banana Peels and Exploding Cigars!
    • Like x 2
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I was just thinking - what about an iconic 100% supercharge based on the black lantern power called RISE. Using the AOE resurrection circle idea seen on the first boss of the Artifacts raid, the power would allow you to resurrect players even after the 10 second res timer has run out. The drawback is that the downed players resurrect as mind-controlled and attack the group until you can dps some sense back into them.

So you can get some lost teammates back, but at the cost of temporaily creating some powerful adds to deal with.
    • Like x 3
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i wouldn't mind seeing all of these as iconic ideas, along with x ray vision brought back, that would be an extremely helpful iconic to have back again since alot of adds/mobs recently have cloaking and many old content mobs did as well. i know i sure wouldn't mind some green lantern chains that chain enemies to the floor as an aoe or cheetah's claws as a melee ability with temporary super speed.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

X Ray vision was a passive innate.
  13. Dene Devoted Player

I used to use it and obviously didn't understand it or go to the right spots, since the only "extra" thing it used to show me was some random adds in chinatown that came up that had some name I had never seen lol
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Those were adds for the villain side of Hand of Fate. I think it's funny people are asking for a useless innate to waste a skill point on.
    • Like x 1
  15. Balton hero Committed Player

Never used it when it was around, but if I understand what it does, doesn't seem useless to me. For example, getting ready to tackle that one TT feat chasing off Hive Infiltrators. Seems useful there.
  16. recoil2 Dedicated Player

yes i'm rather aware of that, though given the possibility of being ambushed by ninjas in nanda parbat demon's plan, slashers in temple of crime, more ninjas in flash museum robbery, dr psycho in meta wing, the ninjas in league of assassins stronghold etc (wow this game has A LOT of ninjas) i found it a rather useful innate.......after i figured out that was what it did. i think the biggest problem was when we were using it we were assuming the visible adds/mob npcs were normally visible except they weren't. we could "see" the hidden npc adds we normally couldn't.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No, there's a mechanic to it and they have fixed spawn points. You can just stand in that one spot for 45+ minutes and get the feat.
    First Doctor Psycho fight might be the only benefit in that list. You can target him during the last fight while he's invisible. You don't seem to be aware how Perception stat actually worked. It gives you a chance at detecting a hidden enemy making them slightly visible. You still have a greater chance of getting ambushed. And than some of the adds you mention are not true concealed enemies, they just spawn. The ninjas in Nanda Parbat for example are not hidden, they are scripted to appear at specific points as you reach them. Same for the ninjas in Flash Museum, except the number spawn points are not always the same each run.
  18. DC Urban Committed Player

I feel like some things are deemed "Not worth their time." Time vs money. Is the time and effort that goes into powers worth it? To Kuno's point, this is why we always see Batman or Supes stuff. Can't go wrong with them really. How do they know a specific iconic power will sell well? They could have spend that time on something else.

Maybe they can offer certain exclusive styles and powers only available to subs, meaning you cannot outright buy it. The only way to obtain them is through subbing. If you unsub, you lose it. I would much rather have sub perks than gambling. I know what I am getting and what it takes to get it.

I just don't think a lot of stuff is deemed "Worthy" of their time. I want to see more. I feel like the only way we can get this is through a comprise. A willingness to bite a bullet; be it TC or subbing.
    • Like x 2