New in the Marketplace: Artifact XP Packs

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Well, I guess they bled everyone as much as they could with stabilizers and replay badges so it's time to make this game 100% about artifacts. I think this is going to be my last subscription month. They've sucked all the fun out of this game.
  2. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Is this normal? Each time I leveled up my solar amplifier and did a break thru, the heat vision would not be in my load out when i used my armory. I would have to put it back in and save to armory. Then the next time I leveled up the solar amplifier the heat vision did the same thing. Is this normal?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is a known issue and will be re-fixed again soon.
    • Like x 3
  4. Malivic01 Active Player

Mepps, the addition of experience in the marketplace is great, and increasing the amount of experience in the artifact starter packs is great too, but...

What about people that spent a lot of money on artifact starters, only to have the new artifact starters contain a ton more experience.

Are you you going to reimburse the (huge) difference of experience? In not talking about cash refund, I'm talking reimbursement in game.

Let's face it. Any REAL business, if they put something on sale today that I had purchased yesterday at a higher price, a REAL business would reimburse their customers.

Is daybreak doing anything similar to something a REAL business would do?
  5. MessiahXHD Level 30

What is the Difference from the old XP vs the New XP in The artifact starter pack?
  6. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

No. No they wouldnt. No business I know of does that at all. If a business has a 30% sale in January and then a 40% sale in February, they dont owe January's customers anything. Its like saying how I got my main above CR170 the normal way and earned every single SP, and then I suddenly want an extra 70SP because the Skip function does that for players.

The Artifact Starter pack is exactly that, a starter pack. Realistically it should only be bought once for each new Artifact (if you choose to). If you bought multiple packs and used them to continously upgrade your Artifacts, an unintended use for them, that was your choice. They owe you nothing.
    • Like x 3
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No.
    • Like x 10
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

I doubt you bought 10 Starterkits or so the day before the new Kits were introduced.

Also it has nothing to do with beaing "REAL" as you say. Business who do this, do it as a gesture of good will, and nothing more. There is no obligation anywhere in this case...
    • Like x 2
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

You were offered an item for a price, you agreed to the terms. The sale was completed.
    • Like x 5
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

this stuff is only important if you let it be important. just ignore it. you don't have to buy them.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Not sure what world you're living in, but it's not this one. No business ever would do that.

You bought what was advertised and got what you paid for.
    • Like x 4
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I didn't whine when I bought the metal material pack THE NIGHT BEFORE it went on sale for 40% off, lol. Did I kick myself? Yeah. But that's the nature of MMO sales.

I made a decision to spend a certain amount on the item I wanted. I got the item. So I got my money's worth in any case.

What other people spent on something is irrelevant.

Also, don't forget that if you purchased it on the double-XP weekend, you technically got a big discount for free that you took advantage of.
    • Like x 2
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Unlike grocery and some retail stores, you will not be reimbursed when a better/cheaper version of your previous purchase is offered for virtual purchases, even if you spent real money on them.

You cannot expect an online game company to have the same reimbursement policies and procedures as a physical business.
    • Like x 1
  14. SuperBoyPrime91 Active Player

Can't speak for other business, but Blizzard refunded me $20 and refunds (With money or in-game items) every player that buys a in-game item or one of their games 1-3 days and sometimes even a week before a sale/price change.

It's for sure not a obligation and is more of a moral thing (And depending on the occasion a strategy) to keep customers coming, but please (with all respect) don't say "No business ever would do that" when you don't know all business.
    • Like x 1
  15. MrMigraine Devoted Player

When asked what my definition of Pay-To-Win would be, I always imagine Daybreak selling those God Trinkets that Mepps uses during Livecasts for like $250. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

oh man, sick burn bro, good thing I've got my sun tan :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. Malivic01 Active Player

Wow.
    The business that broke the mold on how to run an mmo and keep the largest monthly player base in the world, 10 million at one point, actually knows and uses real world business practices to keep their players happy AND SUBSCRIBED? As opposed to losing almost all their players? Inconceivable!

Sounds on par with modern day businesses in AMERICA that values their customers.

Final fantasy does this too.

I think these other dcuo players need to move out of their parents basements and get jobs in the real world.

Looking at you proxy
  18. Mister_Raccoon Well-Known Player

lolwut?
    They've been MIA since the dark knight capsules launched.