My hopes for 2019 in DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 26, 2018.

1. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

With various style unlocking phases still under way, and a high expectation on the Atlantis episode (along with Halloween and Xmas seasonals, and another Time Capsule or two), my attention for what I'd like to see draws into 2019. So here's my thoughts:

EP33 Atlantis comes out in November. I would like to see slightly more open world content in this than we got in EP32, especially weekly content. A duo, an alert, and two raids/elite raids. Both elite raids will have at least one elite only feat, with one of them being especially hard and only for those with experience/higher gear from episode. Of course instances/environments, styles and base items would need to be the best ever from any paid-for content to date (and thereafter). No pressure. :) However I would like to see 2 OP gears in this episode (OP face and either an OP helm or OP chest, with new styles for both), with collections for these. These will also drop randomly in the members boxes, like in Earth 3.

In March, do a PVP update. This won't be huge, perhaps on par with the Belle Reve update we had back in 2016. A new Gladiator inspired PVP gear set (for each role), a new 4s Map (Olympus Coliseum) from God of Monsters (with win feats). All PVP content will have mark rewards increased substantially, but will also become loot locked once complete. The loot lock will only be 12 replays. Maybe a few hot fixes here and there. This update won't fix PVP by any means, but will generate more interest in running PVP content and monetise it to an extent as well. It may also highlight certain issues and with added interest may increase the likelihood of said issues being fixed or tweaked.

From April-June, much like the Superman/Doomsday free episode, do the same but Batman themed to celebrate Batman's 80th anniversary. There could be various storylines for this, but one that many players might want is a Batman Beyond storyline. Some open world content in a future Gotham, and two new pieces of content. These would reward event marks and marks of victory, and there would be again a new style on the vendor and enhanced version dropping in some content in this event.

In late June/July, release Episode 34.

In November 2019, release Episode 35 and commence Tier 10.

I'd like to hope that one of the new episodes next year is a Legion of Super Heroes themed episode, set in Metropolis 3000. Including open world content, a duo, an alert, and 2 raids/elite raids. The final bosses will differ per faction, for heroes Emerald Empress and two other members of the Fatal Five, for villains Brainiac 5 and 2 other members of the Legion (including Bouncing Boy and Saturn Girl).

I'd also like to see the return of SM but with new themes and new bosses, this way it can be looked at fresh considering the updates we have had since the last SM. Time SM however so it comes out around 3-4 weeks after a new episode. Never release SM during a quieter period, for example 2-3 months after an episode has released. Put all old SM base items on the quark vendor for low quarks and leave them tradeable. This could even happen later this year maybe but I might be being too optimistic here.

I'd also like some new base themes and maybe layouts, along with being able to buy memory on MP so you can add 50 placements to the 500 base item cap (thus making it 550).

Thoughts? Or anything else that people would like to see in 2019 or even before?
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

1) Fix weapons well at least "broken am combos"
    2) Shazam /Black Adam episode with updated styles
    3) Bring back SM
    4) Make it so you only receive renown if beating last boss in Elite

Many others but these would be my top thoughts as of right now.
    • Like x 7
  3. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Weapons update we know is on the list, Episodes obviously too. PVP is off the list until people can learn to agree, or until the Devs do it without feedback.
    Would love to see this style show up next year on the MP or in a TC considering the other version looked nothing like him:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

1) Employ at least 3 more devs.
    2) Only 3 new contents in 2019.
    3) At least 4 new legends: 2 for heroes and 2 for villains.
    4) Ending Time Capsules, transfer the feats to all players and put all their stuff in the Marketplace.
    5) Generator Mods in Vendor.
    6) Buff damage from legends in 50% in LPVE.
    7) Change from 10 to 50 feat points LPVE grind feats.
    8) Double PvP rewards.
    9) Style Unlocking and Cross Faction ongoing.
    10) LFG by default.
    • Like x 5
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

My only wish is to see a lot less of "we lack the resources for that" and more of "that's possible, we'll see." I just want to see DCUO actually evolve. That's it.
    • Like x 16
  6. 0xDJBx0 Well-Known Player

1) If PvP isn't going to be fixed, please remove it and award the feats

2) If LPve isn't going to be fixed, please remove it and award the feats

3) Please create mod slots for both support and dmg roles in OP items
    • Like x 3
  7. DarkWingDuck New Player

i secretly keep hoping this game dies so another company can do something else with the DC license, But the sob just keep going
  8. Do Your Googles Active Player

I want to see more Owlman and the Crime Syndicate.
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

And i hope for world peace.
    • Like x 1
  10. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

If your kid makes a mistake, you don't kill them. Other people like to pvp. You're not special enough to tell anyone to delete anything.
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

lol
    Not with who's in office at the moment. Er- I mean, maybe one day :) Stay optimistic!
    • Like x 3
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I was looking for a gif that said this, but couldn't find one.

I also looked for "I want a pony and a unicorn!" but the results were not exactly what I expected... sigh.
    • Like x 1
  13. FaLeX Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Rock, Paper, Scissor for PvP
    • Like x 2
  14. Xibo Loyal Player

Well, with Time Capsules they, technically, do not have any excuse for that. At least, this is my expectation.
  15. piohh Well-Known Player

Players on EU Servers, thats will be great.
    • Like x 1
  16. 0xDJBx0 Well-Known Player

According to your logic, it sounds like you're stating that you're special enough to say what should be maintained.

Anyway, the title of this thread is about what we 'HOPE' will happen, you on the other hand seem to have misunderstood the title ... or you just have a major sense of self importance
    • Like x 1
  17. Web Well-Known Player

LPvE needs to be removed. It’s been abandoned for years and was poorly implemented from the start. Also, it’s not fun imo.
    • Like x 3
  18. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Raids that can't be beat in under 45 minutes with none of the stuff like from the past where they force cycles.

Give us 5 bosses with no room to circumvent the mechanics and if we do make us pay heavy for it.

Alerts that actually are challenging to bring back the roles, keep to the rule on nerf threads, let the community struggle some it will be ok.

My only thing is that the community steps up their game, stop relying on others and hone in on our individual skills.
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Almost every MMO has pvp. Just because you aren't good at it doesn't mean it should be wiped away completely.

How can you not understand how asinine it sounds to say "Fix this buggy raid, or get rid of it and give us the feats?"

Learn to work for things instead of asking for handouts because you're incapable of trying to learn or try something.

Try the Legends simulation in the "Event" menu, pick a character and press up on the Dpad to read the combo list.

Do you know hiw to use combos? Have you even touched a weapon? I know the meta is spamming but you'll increase your own knowledge by learning how to counter. It even helps you be better at PVE so you're not like these weak tanks that cant even lunge the Ultimate Soldier last boss.
    • Like x 2
  20. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

More QOL, fix LPVE and make it fun to play, more meat in the content releases, ditching feats in Tcs.
    • Like x 1