Augment System Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Jul 6, 2018.

1. inferno Loyal Player

I don't think there's any good solution to the problem that arose with this transition. I don't think the DEVs will offer anything else and so I think players will have to individually get past it and move on.
    • Like x 1
  2. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

If I were you I would be trying to focus on encouraging others for patience on this one.

I would put down the pitch fork and not say a word.

Think chicken little then think about everytime there was a change like what they are doing and what happens with the population.

This is going to be a very huge change and people don't like change whatever they can do to ease the transition I would accept.

It is not like having the extra stats from SP is going to be game breaking anyway and the content will still be easy.
  3. stärnbock Devoted Player

thats the thing: i do run the fire shield, hardlight shield and amazon reflection, wich is working great so far... in raids, i want to survive for a while on my own, should the healer go down... i have allways a HOT running and keep backdraft in cooldown when getting in trouble and the heals are actually sufficient, most of the time... atm i have resto in generator and i guess it works out nicely...

not sure if i should go health instead of power too in my generator: with all for power, there is no problem should the troll get a K.O. however: when i tryed to go full health once, i realized to fail more often because the power ran out...

maybe i will switch out power for health after i made absolutely sure on test server... trolls become more important for debuffs, less and less important for power replenishing i suppose wich is a good thing actually! it would suck though to replace the gen mods and realize i have not enough power to hold myself... next week is the last chance to craft them, afterwards they will be loot...
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I'm not sure I understand this request. What are we losing that requires a refund? This is an honest question. I purchased TRKs to make it easier and faster to make better mods to increase my stats. Under the new system, I'll use the XP boosters to make it easier and faster to improve my augments to increase my stats. Am I missing something?
    • Like x 6
  5. AquiloFury Committed Player

No, you aren't missing anything. It's a straight up conversion to make something that was (mostly) useful and relevant under the old R&D system maintain its usefulness in the new system. I personally like the fact that they did that conversion. I don't have any personally, but my girlfriend has about 22 sitting in her bank from booster bundles that she never used because she thought modding gear was a waste of time. So when she comes back to the game
    .she will now have 22 xp boosters to help with the augments.
    • Like x 4
  6. Dene Devoted Player

Nope.. I agree too.. I have a ton of them from collecting way more than I would have ever needed and now i'll actually get benefit from them
    • Like x 4
  7. bitGAM3R Well-Known Player

Anyone know how much
    for example
    Aggressive Exobit = EXP on augment update?
    Aggressive Exobyte = EXP on augment update?
    Might Mod = Exp on augment updaet?
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

they adjusted the stat gains for the support augments quite a bit:
    the domi augs gain more health, while resto augs get more power.
    both are still a possibility: with more health, fire gets some cushion,
    while more power makes health generator mods more convenient...
    need to get on test and do some raids with both builds to make sure.
    • Like x 1
  9. sharpy36 Active Player

Mepps:
    Exceptional Recovery Kits have no boost.

Total Recovery Kits can be consumed and become Exobyte Boosters. Multiple Exobyte Boosters can be used in a fortification.
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Fire only got an extra 500 health, it's not much. But it's better than nothing, I guess. I feel like a kid who asked for a PS4 and got a gameboy instead. It's better than socks, right?
  11. appocolyps Committed Player

12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You're a dedicated player, you'll have all of your augments fully geared in no time. Think about how sweet those 2000 precision are going to feel, lol.
  13. DorianM Well-Known Player

Will augments work in arena/pvp? Can we get pvp augments?
  14. vespa neo Active Player

Great. I’ve always been looking for a way to add implants on my female toon!
  15. vespa neo Active Player

Is this the start of DCUO 2.0?
  16. gemii Dedicated Player

so what will exceptional recovery be turned into?
  17. sharpy36 Active Player

20 xp
  18. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....

Interesting; perhaps this change will encourage me to make mods; currently I only use the white base mods and make soders, devices, and use simple gear recopies. I tried making generator mods but gave it up after making two because it uses too many resources and too many marks..

This new system will be a wait-and-see thing for me; if it will be as easy as the devs claim it to be, then I'm all for it.
  19. gemii Dedicated Player

and how much xp do you get from one exobyte again?
  20. gemii Dedicated Player

Can we get 4 pvp related exobytes? we can call them "silver exobytes" since the pve ones are called golden lol/

Nobody wants to regrind there pvp gear mods back to where they were.