For those wondering what's happening with 'gathering' after July 18

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I haven't been able to test exobytes or exobits, they aren't on test, everything else has been seen as 20 so far.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

The incentive has always been the 50pt feat, you are still required to collect the nodes, the exo materials are still used to craft soders which buff you, there's still incentive to farm.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I can't tell you what the exobytes are worth cause I don't know what they'll be in terms of xp, everything I've seen has been 20 each, but exobytes and bits are not on test.

You should still be able to sell them after the change when people will start to scramble for this stuff.

Good luck.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Addict's post above is a little misleading Reinheld.

The exo-materials are not used to craft consumables, only the soders.

The consumables such as personal dampening fields require you to have toe appropriate green r&d material (silicon wafer) and an appropriate "catalyst" effectively the same ingredients as now minus the complex material.

Everything else Addict said is correct.
    • Like x 2
  5. BumblingB I got better.

Not really, but whatever you say.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

With the price of exobytes on the broker, you were actually out there farming bits? or the 50 pt feat?
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  8. DCUO Addict Committed Player

You are completely right. I meant to say the exo-material is for soders and also that other consumables are still in the game. (Two different points that i should have made separately.) Thank you for catching and correcting that!
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm hoping lime.
    • Like x 2
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Thank you kindly for both the testing and the response.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dene Devoted Player

Yep.. me too - I will have little to no use for the exo material from the nodes, that will now drop...

I've decided to try and complete this feat, before the 18th - only 4970 to go LOL - at least each "bit", that i gather now, will be worth 20xp
  13. Dene Devoted Player

I just woke up.. and see this.. kinda freaky LOL
    • Like x 2
  14. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

I can sympathize with what I think is BumblingB's sentiment.

When they changed the armor drops to be more frequent with smaller stat increases, for me the whole business of crafting mods came to a halt. I would just make betas and remove and put them on the new armor every time I got a new piece.

But when crafting mods first came out, I did enjoy having an excuse to go revisit what I consider some of the best and enjoyable artwork of the game, the main versions of Gotham and Metropolis themselves. With the "relevancy windows" and whatnot there really often isn't much reason to revisit them, which I think is a shame. I personally really wish that DCUO would follow the route that ESO and other games have gone and level-adjust all content so that you can progress anywhere -- but that's another subject. ;)

Anyway, yup, there are often more "efficient" ways of doing things, but this is a game -- I'm not trying to race through anything unless I find some particular activity unenjoyable. I definitely don't go out to nodes seeking feats, I'm one of those players who largely could care less about them. If I can happen to get some feats while doing something that I enjoy, then awesome, but I have very seldom spent much time doing anything that I dislike just to get a tiny potential boost in my stats.

So from my perspective, hopefully the devs will make some new items that are helpful but not necessarily necessary that can be crafted with material from the nodes. I like having an excuse to fly around Gotham and Metropolis -- it's that simple.
  15. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

I see hardly no negative feedback in this thread. It is simply Proxy giving back responses to our questions.

Now I dont know about you, but I mod both roles, and when this launches, I would only have enough xp to mod only one of my roles. Which isnt fair. So I do see where the negativity comes from
    • Like x 3
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I would anticipate that they might.

In terms of what they are however.

You currently fly around metro, Gotham and central city to farm bits, the super speed bits are very rare also and come from central city only, t2.

You have to farm at the very least 8 nodes to get 1 exobyte or possibly 4 if it was a split byte, that's assuming you get what you want from aggressive, support and fortified.

Under the current system you have RNG dictating what exobit drops. You then need a number of bytes 20+ now just to make one mod along with the other materials.

You need to farm at least 8 bits to make a byte to make a 6 pack of soder

You need to farm at least 4 bits to make a byte to make a beta mod.

======================================

The new system is far more simple and far more rewarding

The reason I say this is because its simplicity encourages people to participate more readily than by creating a complicated r&d system some players have avoided even when to the detriment of themselves and the people they run with.

Im not going to over complicate this but the people running around without mods or even beta mods are letting themselves and their group down. They are losing significant quantities of stats that diminish their own ability and compromise a groups integrity.

Within this new system the players get exobytes from salvaging to level up their augments this occurs through natural game play without the need for farming specific content.

It's kept simplistic to ensure participation in order to eliminate the detriment introduced by players refusing to participate in r&d.

I'll be honest in this regard too, but if under the new system I inspected someone and saw them making zero effort to level their augments under this new system then I would avoid running anything serious with them.

There are literally no excuses now.

As for the farming exo material, that is perfectly fine under the new system the cost to make the soders now requires less exo material than exobits which means players are more rapidly rewarded from the nodes they do collect.

If you were hoping to farm old exobits to get xp for your augments then forget about that, you'll be getting enough xp from running the other content, more than the 20xp you'd be getting from one exobit.
    • Like x 4
  17. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

I agree that the system needed an overhaul and that it likewise is good to simplify the recipes.

And I fully support your effort to make sure that you and others who made the effort to mod for multiple builds get properly compensated when the change over happens.

For myself, a question that I would have is: How good is the augment leveling on solo and low-player count content like duos?

I avoid raids and the like precisely so that I don't have to deal with "inspectors" and their ilk. I have a boss in real life, I play games for fun. I play casually, none of my characters are at the max CR and none ever have been.

One thing that in the past year especially kept me from playing very much was that it has become increasingly tedious to progress on solo and duo content. Kind of like you are upset that it appears that the devs may have overlooked your preferred playstyle -- fully modding out for multiple roles, I get irritated when I feel shoe-horned into the "you must raid to progress" system.

I don't like raiding. I hate waiting long time for queues. I hate the elitism and control-freaks which tend to turn up in raid groups, and so on. Will the new system likewise make progression for players like me an extremely slow crawl?
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Its not the instance that controls progression it's the tier end level of the content, I'm going to post a guide up soon about it.

The solos in a tier award the same mk level exobytes.

Obviously raids would provide additional opportunities at loot thus increasing your loot and speeding your grind.

I understand what you're saying about raids, what I would encourage you to do is run the event raids, you're still rewarded the dlc specific currency and gear drops (however it's lower item level gear) and this would help you progress.

The event versions of content are exceptionally casual and without the angst you speak of ;)
    • Like x 1
  19. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Thanks for the reply, and I look forward to the additional info that you plan to post.

As for event raids -- Nope. I'm not going to do them. The raiding playerbase is toxic, and the ease or difficulty of the content has very little to do with the toxicity in my experience. As soon as you join a raid, there will be complete strangers who will go out of their way to be domineering jerks.

I'll happily join in on 'soft groups' like those that form to fight Doomsday, etc. in an open-world scenario, but I'm never joining a formal raid group, period.

I hate raiding and I'm not going to do them. The raiding folks don't like me, and I been taught to not like them in response.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Nah you don't form the event raid groups. You just load the event tab and queue in.

No one forms event raids in LFG.

They're also exceptionally easy, the people that run event content can be low level players too who get buffed to the minimum cr.

Basically no one talks in them they just get in smash it out and leave with their loot.

Trust me, it sounds like it's perfectly targeted at your playstyle, give it a go ;)
    • Like x 4