DCUO Teases Teen Titans and Augments this Summer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I see this as a move away from recovery kits and a simplification of that aspect of the R&D system.
    • Like x 1
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Let me clarify something for you, Savior Prime.

they are adding artifacts had*. So we can grant new passive and Active abilities in addition to stats and it will provide new options for how you build or even play your character.

maybe you forgot to setup an group to run the elite Spindrift try do that as the normal is pretty easy.

& players asked, and DCUO is delivering. Players are getting new gear and styles in a future update.

Sp *do not dictate how you play the game. (STATS) do. Whilst it has long been a misconception that since SP *CAN* grant stats, the conclusion that this revamp is #sp matter# rather than #stats matter# is both widespread and a misconception.
    And sp provide focus to your stats, not base upon which that focus is built + Your stats come from your gear, and your mods as it has always been.
  3. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I’m 100% sure they’ gonna monetize it. Next thing you know, they might try to monetize pre level 30 content by giving you like a stamina system that they have in mobile games, and you can run an X amount of missions in X amount of time, and if you want to keep going instead of waiting for your stamina to build up. You can buy a special soder cola for 500 MP cash that refills your stamina. (One time use only)

I might be on a break from this game, but if DC goes this route, best believe My break will turn into being done with this game PERMANENTLY! (Superman voice)
  4. buddah Well-Known Player

This seems interesting. Mods the way they are now is just frustrating.
    • Like x 1
  5. Phen0menal Active Player

Augments are my biggest concern but everyone has basically asked most of the questions I have so now just to wait and see.
  6. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Sounds promising.......All I'm going to say is, I know how long it takes me to get enough materials for a NJU mod. And it's not very long. Also, I know where my stats are on all 4 of my toons :)

I'll know if i'm nerfed, especially on my celestial......but then again, that power can one day feel nerfed and another un-nerfed. Yeah celestial's numbers aren't very reliable.:oops: Oh well, just as long as we can still take our roids i'll be satisfied. (Compound omegas, nutri colas,nitro colas, ect.)

Also, I don't believe Augments will need seals of preservation, doing so would be literally creating what used to be a guaranteed outcome of becoming stronger to crossing your fingers and hoping your chances will succeed to allow you to play the content with much less hassle.

The seal of preservation and chance is perfectly fine with artifacts imo but it would more than likely be disastrous for Augments. If your augment don't succeed then you'll lose whatever it is you've gathered, including exobytes. Leaving you mod-less at-least for another day or two.

I know some people say you don't need to be modded to run current content and such and they may then choose to run un-modded. And then, there is the others who'll only mod half their equipment. Which is fine btw, but then, these same guys/gals come on here raging in abhorrence from what they just experienced, complaining about a power being OP because they were savagely vanquished on the leaderboard by someone at the same cr, sp's and seniority and the only true difference being, the other guy/gal was fully modded and their toon is literally shaking vibrantly from taking DCUO Roids. (Me) LOL!!

But seriously, gear mods are an important part of your stats where as artifacts is simply just a bonus to have fun with.
    I don't want to leave such an important part of my stats to chance, and neither should any of you. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  7. Schimaera Devoted Player

My consumer expectation for these augments is that there won't a single way to improve them via DBC/money. If they are gameplay only, they are a welcome change. If there is only the tiniest piece of Marketplace content or monetization for these augments, it's going to be a sh*tshow here on these forums. And this sh*tshow is going to be justified if it happens. Think carefully, devs :p
    • Like x 2
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

I don't know... the Soulcloak+Power Harness combo for controllers made the gameplay somewhat different. Same with the troller spec. I only have the Omegaherdron at 105 but even now I notice the change in Power Regeneration while also having replaced some low cost power with a high cost one. So I wouldn't say they are just a "bonus". If the devs add more levels, there will be "FOTM" Rotations that you maybe can only run with certain artifacts at a certain level...
  9. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Hmm, interesting. So your saying the dev's went back on their word and now they're supposed to be a critical component?
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

I'm saying some of these artifacts feel like they are more than just a fun bonus. Being able to have your shield super on cooldown all the time as a troll is certainly something that you can't do if you're not using the Scrap of the Soul Cloak.
    I personally don't mind if they open room for more gameplay options. In fact, I welcome the change if the balance between the artifacts itself is restored.
    • Like x 1
  11. Soul ReaperX Well-Known Player

Oh wait I understand now, but what I was meaning when I said "As a bonus" is this, Grab a toon with full NJU mods and remove all of them. Keep your artifacts on and run a raid. Normal or Elite. You'll find yourself to be drastically weaker and you MAY struggle with your role a bit depending on your group and their Cr's. If your solo healing or troll, you might as well forget it.

Once its over, add the mods back and remove the artifacts. then run the same raid again, you'll find that you can complete the raid fairly easy and you should be able to do your role perfectly without the assistance of artifacts. Well, granting you have the appropriate Sp's. This is what I meant by a bonus. they are great to have because they help boost stats but you don't truly NEED them like you need equipment mods.
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

I see what you mean. However I have to say that until recently I trolled with only Alpha mods without problems. Same goes for my DPS alts. At best they have Special Forces mods, otherwise only Alphas and they do pretty good. I see the difference compared to my main though.

I just hope that with these Augments, I can get my alts up as well...
    • Like x 2
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

Just saw the environment gif Oceans posted...looks amazing! So nice to be back outside in a bright environment!
  14. finalsource New Player

Wow so now daybreak/dcuo is going to condone and promote steroids use. Because that's how you augment your body in real life. You should continue to promote education because that's what mods do. So if you're going to do away with mods you might as well do away with the batman side of the game.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

Huh? I mean ... what?

So Daybreak condones gun control as well because of a Munitions Powerset? Also don't forget the carelessness regarding safety and stuff because our heroes and villains jump off of roofs like all the time. Super Hero Game ≠ Real life.

Also what do mods educate? Simple addition and equations?
  16. Yaiba Committed Player

Look at your sp again lol, 390+ for troll, ofc you have no problem even without NJU mods.
  17. xtrodiniar New Player

what about the mod feats and crafting feats for the mods?? will we get them automatically or will players that haven't yet completed them be at a disadvantage skill point wise??
  18. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

How about saving the old and giving us an option of using the old or new?

I have taken quite a bit of time farming exobits.
    I would hate that to go to waste.

Besides, I would rather do research my gear and cyborg myself ...rrr... character.
    Honestly, I don't think I have any cyborg characters at this point.

And, yeah, with so few characters slots (I'm maxed out), I'm not likely to make one.
    I kind of like my roster at this point.

What happens to our modded gear if it gets thrown out of the game?

I'm just a crazy alt-jumper, but I have the feeling some old vet end-gamers are going to get their panties in a bunch over this.

19. Schimaera Devoted Player

If you have the SP for max Might/power that is no problem either...
  20. omega2550 Well-Known Player

And Once again the LSH gets nothing. Are they ever going to say if they plan on using the LSH. If not. Then someone should create an MMO based on the LSH. Since DCUO doesn't seam to have the time to even consider them to be used in an Episode like format. Like they are with the Teen Titans

How do I come to that fact. Their total silence on the matter. Their are two LSH threads started by me no less and I have as of yet seen one reply. By the DCUO management. Like MEPPS for example.