Do The Objective " Not all about Damage/Burn".

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Brutality, May 24, 2018.

1. Lord Brutality Active Player

I'm getting tired of this. Going into raids with top notch Damagers that can burn like god Almighty yet " Cant follow Instructions".

Or players who are not used to "playing as a group", an just in the group to melt NPC's get carried an leaved.

No wonder people don't play support role. Cause you have to deal with the stress of Tanking/ Healing/ or Trolling conceited minded DPSers.

Play as a group; follow simple instructions,

it's not all about how fast you can burn... Its about how fast you can finish the objective.

Just failed Blackest Night Raid because people were killing black hand & not reading simple instructions for the 2nd time.

DPS Universe. Keep these type of mechanics in BTW. Players need to learn; just burning trough the enemies will not do it.

I was doing War Crimes Alert before this an another DPS'er was begging me to switch from heal to damage just so it can go faster. Yet through out the alert he was not blocking and close to dieing if I was not healing him.

I know there is Kids playing this game and trying to have a good time. but the level of un educated players that can't follow instructions is insane. Every thing is quite simple for DPS'ers when support have your back. Yet there the main ones who are failing. Do the instructions an Burn; we will heal you, give you back power, an keep enemies away. Move the mist a few times then you can burn him when Nek shield is down.

DPS Community. " All About The Burn".
    • Like x 6
  2. LadsDcuo Well-Known Player

The amount of times I lost a feat because of people trying to be top Dps is a good amount the worst case of this was Prison Break Elite "Stuff Of Legends" Feat I was trying to get that feat for day's usually the burn was good but no one would listen resulting into someone getting koed which means feat lost:(
    • Like x 3
  3. Plowed In Loyal Player

4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I have the opposite experience. Everyone on my teams are trying to follow the mechanics and no one is burning the boss fast enough so we wipe because the boss enrages.

Oh, wait, are we talking about DCUO or a different MMO? I must have dozed off for a second there... :D
    • Like x 1
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Guys I feel your pain. The debate about the score board and the number of players that seem to think the actual game in "Be the highest in damage out" now complete the MISSION has gone on for years here. I am not going into details but trust me if there is a way they can think of to get in a few extra attacks or a way to get more might so their attacks are stronger.. THEY DO IT.

This includes modding gear .... Inspect a few of them when they show up on a team some time. Not all of them do it but I promise you will find DPS that have Might/Power or even just MIGHT (because hey the troll is supposed to keep them powered up.. Right?) mods slotted into every piece of gear. Forget the bonus stats by having the right color mod in the right slot. MORE MIGHT !!

This includes SP. There was a thread on here a while back .. The OP was complaining because they could only.. note I just said only.. slot 195 SP into the Might/Power slot. Now you need to use 60 to get Crits to maximum possible and you use up some on travel and you weapon (well SOME do anyway) They discovered that any SP above 260 or 165 I forget the exact number was as they termed it "Useless" because they couldn't put it in that Might slot. Which gives you some idea of how often they use a weapon (There is a Precision slot) and it's the HEALERS job to keep them alive so sticking some of those extra S into Health is a sin!

No way I know of to change their habits.. you just keep placing them on ignore as you find them and never have to see or team with them again.
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

It's the support players jobs.
    • Like x 1
  7. buddah Well-Known Player

I am at the point where I tank more than dps
  8. Shark Dental Devoted Player

The only way to get them to change their habits is if they become nuns. ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Me too. And I'm a healer. Lol.
    • Like x 1
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

Absolutely :).

But let's be real - a *lot* of people *will* scream for the Roles - and especially the Healer - to pick them up, un-stone them or whatever. There's a fundamental misunderstanding and disagreement around who is best suited to be doing what, when, and how (ignoring situational circumstances for the moment). And *that's* exacerbated by people not reading or acknowledging chat, which is another common behaviour.

I imagine it's a common belief that since a lot of the time the Roles don't *seem* to be doing much, that they're enjoying the scenery and marvelling at the awesomeness of the DPS. If DPS players don't actively play Roles, they have little understanding of what is going on behind the scenes. So we get something along the lines of "Trolls are here to power the DPS. Tanks are here to... not sure... be bad DPS? Healers are here to heal the DPS" :(.
    • Like x 1
  11. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Slow down, enjoy the content.

Tank - Holds the mobs attention and is the only one to go get the mobs
    Healer - Heals based on the Tanks needs
    Controller - Provides power based on the Healers need first, then tank.
    DPS - Concentrates on on the mobs the tank is holding, and should be careful not to pull (mistakes happen)
    It's your own job (this mean you DPS) to manage your own power, stay with the group, and if the heal/troll draws aggro protect and kite to tank.

But hey, what do I know. I'm not the best player, don't rush to get the new gear, couldn't care any less about Promethium/Capsule gambling, dislike the players that move fast past the mobs to get to then end.
    • Like x 3
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

LOL Yeah but see in an MMO they have the tendency to change in this sort of Habit....

[IMG]

And then they scream something about "Death to Satan's minions!" and rush into a mob, getting knocked out cold and then blame it on the healer who is still in the last room with the rest of the team. :p You know it is amazing what you can find on google. All I did was type in Battle Nun and found everything from fan art to scuptures of "Nuns with guns"
    • Like x 1
  13. PaDaRu New Player

It'd be good if there was an option at the start of a raid or alert, to notify everyone of what feat you want to try and complete.
    Or, if you start a raid or alert or whatever, it showed what feats you have outstanding, and whether you want to attempt to complete it or not?

Just thinking aloud here.
    • Like x 1
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I think several of us have mentioned the idea of a new item in the quick menu that would show who needs what feat, and if it's a multipart maybe showing which parts. I would love to see something like that. It would make things easier.
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, I found the same thing on Giphy. Guess there are some interesting role-players out there, lol.
  16. LadsDcuo Well-Known Player

I wish you could have more power's in your loadout's like WOW it would really help the loadout variety meaning people will have different loadout's for once meaning more people will think tactually to increase their damage and actually listen
    • Like x 2
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh yeah Lots of them.. Now the picture I used is fan art but the character in question is named Battle Nun (or Warrior Nun) Areala.

And as I suspected Warrior Nun Arela is an Anime character for a comic book that uses the same title. Gave you a link to the Wiki page IF interested .. Short version.. Areala was a Valkyrie named Auria who converted to Christianity and formed the order the Warriors Nuns to help battle evil for the church. My guess would be that she and Trigon and his boys have been pounding on one another for centuries LOL

The part I found funny when I did the google search were the number of pictures of Katy Perry .. because a while back she was involved in a Battle with a Nun over an old convent she wanted to purchase and the Nun was fighting to keep her from buying it. hey you know the way search engines work... I typed in Battle and Nun so I MUST have wanted to read about Katy Perry fighting with some nuns over a abandoned convent the church wants to sell and Perry wants to buy.

I wish I could recall the name of the game... It was years ago and a couple of my buddies and I were at the mall and this guy had an elaborate board game set up (mountains and streams etc.) and it was a along the lines of D+D. Had all sort of characters including a group of Warrior Nuns. It eventually became a video game as well but last I heard it was gone now. Just can NOT recall what it was called. :eek: these things happen when you start to get old LOL
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Support roles are literally there to support the DPS, otherwise they wouldn't be called "support roles".
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

I don't think they are, are they? That *is* the DPS mentality, right there. They're literally there to support the Team, if anything. But, my nit-picking aside, it's still not the default job of the non-DPS Roles to pick up KO'd team-mates - but it is part of the job to e.g. throw shields to help whoever is doing that. Basically, anything that interrupts the non-DPS Roles from performing their function is almost always bad for the Team as a whole.

And I'm sure you don't agree with the most egregious examples - such as Tanks carrying objectives to the goal, Healers having to pick up Tanks, Controllers being the button-pressers? These are all common expectations, in my experience :(.
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

Not without seriously tweaking the cooldowns, I wouldn't think. If you *really* wanted a supremely flexible way to play, it would involve something like a set of three sliders - one each for base damage, cooldown, and Power cost, with each automatically adjusting one or more of the others when moved - and then you could tweak away to your heart's content (something like the Enchant screen in TES).