Stats matter ruined old content!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by superboi, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Gucciana Committed Player

nope not harder if ya played all that stuff before AM cr differential and weapon mastery then you shouldnt have a problem with them now everyone just got used to being over powered or carried that they dont know how to do them the way they were designed
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Tarif is that you?
    • Like x 1
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Yeah, they need to adjust Halls of Hades. The shades used to be able to be perma-stunned by controllers with higher dominance back when dominance affected the length of control effects. Now that they removed that feature, it's a horrible raid. You need a good tank to keep juggling them now. That's how I've beaten it so far.
  4. krytine Loyal Player

Look the devs have done what needs to be done. Now it is up to the players to spend the time to learn thier roles and not just watch a video of someone else. I do believe the roleless buffs in alerts is killing roles. The reason why is becuase roles could learn what they were doing in alerts an when to do something and work as a time. But the devs continue to give higher buffs when a role isn't in the alerts. Then the community doesn't believe roles can do thier job while helping with damage so they do not want roles they want burn then when newer players do not know anything but dps people complain that thier isn't enough roles. Now most of my league runs all 4 roles me I only do supports and the amount of damage I do in full support gear is great . I can typically do more then tanks and close to a dps role in tank or troll healing it seems I just can't do damage in role form some others have said that healers get a 50% damage debuff in healer role so what ever
    • Like x 1
  5. bull425 Well-Known Player

The devs own some of this. For stats revamp it was supposed to create a level playing field where CR appropriate groups could finish all content. That is not the case. I have been on teams with trolls, healers, tanks and so on and run the old content. NPC HPs have stayed the same, and ours has reduced. NPC damage for the most part is the same, but ours is lower. The math is simple.

When I do FOS, and those cannons can wipe three people attacking them, that is well, dumb.

Here is what I would like to see. I have said it before, and I will say it again. Put a CR appropriate team together and run the content. In the old days before WM and AM, you could do it, and you could get feats. It was doable with a decent team. Now, it's almost like you need to have a high CR to complete. That to me is where stats revamp failed. I actually like the revamp for the record, but some things about it make me wince a little.

They said they would look at the older content to balance...........and they have not.
    • Like x 3
  6. BlackSuperGirl Committed Player

Stats matter ruined old content! or NOOOOOO
    sry but i dont agreed
    stats matter make alot power playble on pvp and pve .. look for Rage that was a trash on pve, look for eletricity thats was a trash on pvp and pve, look for Mental, nobody played with it b4 revamp same for Earth and Atomic ... so now there are alot Playable power, i think that was this that dev want to do and they are doin right now, MORE OPTION FOR GAMEPLAY, ofc nothings is 100% perfect, the life inst 100% perfect tha wouldn't .. just stop to complain and TO ADAPT with it . !!
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Aaaaand you lost me...

Pretty sure mental was FoTM
    • Like x 5
  8. Deathsaurus Well-Known Player

What really ruined old content is CR revelancy.
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

theres no balance.
    • Like x 1
  10. Abstrakt Loyal Player

I see these threads and laugh sometimes. The earlier content works pretty much the same. Its the people running it that fail to communicate. If i decide i want a bad experience ill queue up for early raids. Build a group communicate with them dont expect everyone to know what to do because they wont. Kandaq if you have people who know what they are doing is pretty easy. Its the rocks and the switches that people have issues with. we did that stuff in green gear and mixed t1 and t2 gear in the beginning, dont have to have a cr 224 to blast you through it..just a little teamwork.
  11. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I would like to see video of a group of tier 2 players running it and successfully getting past the rocks. Maximum of 70 skill points allocated. Based on what I experienced over the weekend, I do not think it is possible at tier to do enough damage with a 2-2-2-2 setup.

And yes, I know it's not entirely about doing damage. Control effects are (or used to be) key. The issue is that control effects don't last long enough for a tier 2 damage player to take the Waterkeepers down. Once the Waterkeepers get full immunity, it's impossible to do anything but try to take them down through sheer damage.
    • Like x 3
  12. Abstrakt Loyal Player

Ill see what I can put together ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I gave this a lot of thought the other day, is there any better developed raid in the game than this one?

From a designed point of view, they really hit the nail on the head in terms of difficulty and mechanics. It has withstood the test of time and our advancement. There is no way to run in and simply tank and spank it, you have to mechanically advance as well as damage your way through this content. Some highlights:

Transport rocks and close off the water supply.

Work together in unison to unlock cogs.

Transport and protect the big rock.

Finally you make your way to the last boss, and he was a bear at level.

Overall, I wish more raids would have been developed along these lines.

A+ DEV team on a job well done on this one. Please consider it as a prime example of what content should be like for future content consideration.

14. Turnt UP New Player

LOL people don't wanna mention the munition BIG GUN DAYS where you hit the super charge adds are gone and raids were finished in 5 mins- 16 mins

15. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

The raid mechanics are great. The problem is that they changed how immunities worked over the years for enemies. The content needs to be adjusted for those new immunities.

We have the same issue in Halls of Hades with the Forge Spirit and shades that appear. The shades cannot be stunned for the duration necessary for an at tier group to pass that mechanic. Our control effects used to last a lot longer than they do now.
    • Like x 4
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

How many are you spawning at a time?
  17. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

However many typically spawn if you don't agitate the spirit. It doesn't matter how many spawn at a time. By the end of that phase, there are probably half a dozen still alive because they've stunned the group enough times to prevent the necessary damage, and we can't stun them long enough to keep them from stunning us.
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

Everyone in the corner, max range. Have the tank approach the spirit and spawn 1 shade. Tank backs off the spirit. Kill shade. Repeat.
  19. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

I thought they spawned automatically over time if the group avoided agitating the spirit. I also thought that agitating spirit caused them to spawn faster and in greater numbers.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You’re correct on all counts. Don’t bother with this guy, he doesn’t want to be told.
    • Like x 1