Vampire powers!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kanmaru, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Blood Healer, i would have the ability to bleed different targets, and deal more damage or heal more based on my applied Power Interaction...

It will also need a mechanic where you could stack bleeding on any target.

In DPS role, the player (and possibly allies) would deal X% more damage to enemies per stack of Bleed. So a certain percentage would be required.

In healing role, instead of extra damage, if an ally attacks a bleeding target, the ally would be heal for X% of damage that they deliver to the target per bleed stack. Also, each attack on the target has an X% chance per stack to spawn a "blood Pool" , allies that stand in the "Blood" absorb it, and are are healed instantly.

Also it would need a Blood Shield, it would not block damage, but instead reduce damage taken and heal over, as well as bleed enemies that attack the shield. It's almost like a leaching effect combined with Burning Determination from fire.

And with a new final mechanic, maybe it would have a supercharge that only activates when you die, but instead of dying, you fall into a pool of blood, after X seconds, you can press a button to return with X % of your health (a lower percentage like 5% or 10% to balance it)

This was my friend's idea. I am only posting it for them.
    • Like x 1
  2. FearedFox18 New Player

Friend?....but i dont have any friends, i posted this on a youtube video a a few days ago
    also please dont call it Vampire, it makes it sound cheesy, Blood Magic or Blood power
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

You didn't have an account at the time so I posted this for you. As you can see, I did not take any credit in this mentioning of the Powerset. I guess this is what I get for trying to be nice and help other people's ideas be viewed.

And I didn't want to give too much detail to who you were for privacy reasons. Unless you like the attention? Anyway, you are free to make a thread and put your Powerset in it and call it what you would like too.
  4. SasquaT Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    So bane is not cool but brother blood is ?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Nothing cool about brother blood...but there *is* a blood-themed powerset in game already: Rage (read up on Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns if you don’t already know :) )
  6. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Vampires could never accomplish missions in Metropolis ... too much daylight. ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Blood Magic already exists. Its called Rage. And as mentioned if your power was made you'd be stuck in Gotham only content as any Metro content would mean an immediate burst into flames and a perma-KO for your toon. Plus I dont think Vampire Teeth work well at Range.

Time for a new idea im afraid.
  8. FearedFox18 New Player

Rage has nothing to do with blood, its about Rage and anger as the name explains

And when i say i want a Blood Healer, i dont want a vampire, i want a blood healer
    someone how sacrifices their own heal, to deal more damage (or to heal more)
  9. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

.......... wow, ok. Yeah so its time to go do a Google Search on the Red Lantern Corps. They literally have everything to do with Blood and Blood Magic. Specifically go search about what happened with Atros and the 5 inversions.

As for what you're trying to talk about? Its a little hard to discuss something that makes no sense. Imagining that DCUO hadnt already completely covered a blood power with Rage, which they did ofc, you want all our toons to share blood with each other? History tends to show that irl that resulted in the opposite of "healing". Kryptonian, Shadow, Serums and Speedforce I can understand, this doesn't make any sense, sorry.
  10. Perseus Chase Committed Player

Someone never read the comic or didn’t know about Red lantern’s lore lol.
  11. OtherWorldly Active Player

Interesting. But Rage does come to mind.
  12. velvetsanity Loyal Player

Rage is about anger, sure, but it functions entirely through blood. As has already been said by several of us, read up on the Red Lanterns. Yes, red is the color of rage in the emotional spectrum, but unlike the other colors who use the light to form constructs....

Well, let's just say there's a reason I refer to them as 'blood-spewing ragemonsters'. Heck, once you wear a red ring, you can never take it off without replacing every drop of blood in your body and using some method (CPR, defibrillator, etc) of restarting your heart. Otherwise, you *die*.
  13. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Heres an image from when Guy Gardner took over the Red Lanterns briefly:

[IMG]

Thats not Red Chocolate he's throwing up.
    • Like x 1
  14. Caed New Player

thats silly that they changed the Red Ring canon to 'blood' most DC 'blood' isn't even 'Red' .. god thats idiotic
  15. velvetsanity Loyal Player

They didn’t change it. It’s how Rage and the Red Lanterns worked from the start (War of the Light story arc which led into the Blackest Night arc, AFAIK, is the first appearance of the Red Lanterns)
    • Like x 1
  16. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

You realise you posted your comment about "DC Blood not being Red" under a picture taken from a DC Comic Book where Guy just put a Red Ring on, causing him to throw up all his blood...... which is Red, right?
  17. Caed New Player

I have those comics and dont remember that I need to reread them, if so its an idiotic idea...most of the DC universe doesn't have red blood, most 'aliens' blood is of a completely different color.
  18. Caed New Player

reading comprehension I said most of the DC universes' beings do not have red blood. the fact that the picture is showing a human-no 'bloody' duh his blood is red. How is this going to work on beings with Purple blood. or black or green?
  19. velvetsanity Loyal Player

The ring goes on their finger, their hearts stop, and their blood gets infected by some sort of Rage Fuel (whatever it’s actually called). Which, apparently, turns it red. This was also shown during the Blackest Night arc.
  20. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Reading comprehension? To properly quote you, which btw is only 1 or 2 swipes/scrolls up on your tablet/mouse, you actually said "most DC blood isnt even red" in the post I quoted. Even including the different Emotional Spectrum Corps DC has had far more Human characters or Aliens with red blood than everything else combined, so you'd still be wrong.

As for Aliens not working with the Red Lantern power? Wrong again. Red Lanterns expel all their natural blood from their bodies when they put the ring on, the Red Liquid they spew up afterwards is replacement corrosive red energy blood. You could have Rainbow Blood, but once you put the ring on, all of that gets thrown up.

Its 2017 mate, days from 2018, Google Search exists.