mission campers?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by rollerskate, Dec 2, 2017.

1. rollerskate New Player

while i was levelling my villain, these heroes were around keeping us from progressing in the green lantern missions, they kept killing off all the sinestro corps we were trying to revive, it took forever cause they'd just drop like flies - i even saw one of the other villains say "i've been here for 20 mins :("

is this a normal thing? do people camp mission areas to keep the other side from progressing?
  2. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Villains do the same thing. Solution: Try PvP phase. Very few people PvP, and if you bring some PvP players wearing PvP gear with you, you have the advantage in case the other faction players decide to be jerks.
    • Like x 4
  3. rollerskate New Player

lol i'll remember that when i start levelling my hero
    • Like x 3
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I found that Villains did this more lol.

Ironically, like Giga suggested, going to the PvP phase will probably help you encounter less of these people.
    • Like x 2
  5. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Yeah, I think it's more fun for these people to grief players when the players can't do anything to retaliate. Having an actual fight in PvP is too scary for them. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. rollerskate New Player

do villains really do that more? i thought it was the heroes, since i always heard they have a worse community than the villain side

lol, i didn't know
  7. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Nah Villains definitely do mission griefing more. Leveling in pvp phase in my opinion is more fun because you could run into other levelers on occasion. But it doesn’t happen as much anymore.

Also heroes are pretty toxic but we don’t grief as often as villains
    • Like x 1
  8. Shadow Force Committed Player

I saw many griefers do that heck once that was done to me, i relogged as my main whooped his *** in duel but sometimes i pretend im a low lvl cr just fish griefers and you can see the frstration when they send a dozen duel invites after :D
  9. Great Architect Loyal Player

The easiest solution is to go and do something else (collections, exobits, investigations and briefings) until they go away.

Basically, you're their entertainment, and if you don't entertain them, they will go and do something else.

My awful, awful solution to this was to /tell one of the guys that was griefing me that I was going to do the same at Metro General - and then I camped there all day carrying patients in containment fields to the Little Bohemia Safehouse and dumping them on the steps, aggroing Bizarro into the middle of any group of heroes I saw, and grouping with the villains to run their side of the mission smoothly.

Sometimes I can be a complete tool. A very, very, very patient and very, very very vindictive complete tool :).
    • Like x 2
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I remember back on the old PVP server The Killing Joke it was bad to try and level up a hero the villains outnumbered us 10 to 1 some days you were lucky if you could get out of the police station good times .
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

Hee. One of my Alts - Gadget Ganker - is named for that period of time, when Gadgets was OP :D.
    • Like x 1
  12. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

There are more heroes population wise, so statistically its probably heroes that grief more. When i was leveling i only griefed heroes as retaliation. Guess they weren't expecting me to have alts lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We're villains! What were you expecting? To sit down and negotiate over a cup of tea?
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

To have a life and not do silly things that will contribute to players wanting to drop the game before they even got started, only for people to then sit around and complain about low population. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 4
  15. rollerskate New Player

lmao i don't play on the hero side, i've always done the villain side - villains have been a lot nicer, but the few times i did pvp back in 2014 or 2015, the heroes would always play super dirty
  16. Toshknight Loyal Player

sadly since those missions came out people just camp and Grief players by killing the objective NPC's , best thing to do is goto the pvp phase server in the watchtower or if your a villain goto the HOD one step into the pvp phase and there is never anyone there usually and you will be free to do your missions. thats what i did and do to this day if i level a toon
    • Like x 1
  17. rollerskate New Player

i mean, thankfully there's only a couple missions that can be griefed by the other side, like the OMAC missions - after i got through the green lantern missions and the OMAC missions i could level smoothly, and i just recently got my celestial healer to level 30 lol
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I keep telling myself don't be sarcastic on the forums cause people don't know how to read it, yet here I am still doing it
    • Like x 1
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

It doesn't matter to me if you were intending to be sarcastic or serious, the problem at hand still exists and numerous folks have been throwing the "Cuz we villains bruh!" as a legit excuse to no-life in open world etc. :p
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It happens to both sides. I got griefed leveling my water toon recently, same area these folks are talking about. No one is making excuses for anything as far as I can see, we all agree it's a legit problem. Perhaps not taking everything to heart would be a good idea.