Earth 3 - 1st impression

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doc.Doom15, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I like the content. It feels/looks fresh instead of rehashed and that was really all I wanted from this new DLC.

The only gripe that I have is that everything seems way to easy to complete (I haven't tried the elite raids but I usually never play those as they are either impossible or they take too long and I personally don't care about most of the drops). I've completed the open world, the duo, the alert & both normal raids on the first attempt with no real feeling that the team was ever in trouble (and these were 'low' level end game players just like me). Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that all the mobs you fight should get double/triple the health so it 'feels' more difficult, that is really the last thing I want. But up the damage a bit that they do or make mechanics more important if you fail to complete them.

I still want to be able to beat them but not with 90% health intact on the 1st try. If you can beat mobs with about 20% health left that seems like a good number to aim for at CR 210 (and it should contain a few times of you dying which motivates to get better gear). If you've hit the top CR for the new content then 90% health left for fighting the same mobs feels like progression. But, personally, if I already have 90% health left at my measly CR 210 there is nothing really to aim for except for maxing out your CR.
    • Like x 2
  2. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

No offense, but I don’t see much to discuss here.

It has been clearly stated that non-elite content won’t be super challenging (For casual, normal players), while elite content will be for people such as yourself.

You’re wanting more of a challenge, but don’t want to do elite. That doesn’t make sense to me. Elite contains the harder hitting adds you’re requesting, switch that to non-elite content and what would the differences be? I understand you feel that it may take “longer,” but it’s far from impossible with the proper gear and team.
    • Like x 8
  3. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Thanks for your comment! I've made a few edits to the original post to clarify what I meant as I didn't explain it correctly the first time around (as I usually do, I'm a bit slow in the head). My main point is that fighting CR 224 mobs at CR 210 feels like fighting CR 200 mobs. That just feels wrong. It only feels like progression if those mobs become easier over time, not easy from the start.
    • Like x 1
  4. SirTanksAlot Level 30

Going to have to agree with PerfectLegend here, nothing to discuss. It is simple if YOU feel like YOU need more of a challenge then play elite. I'm sure there are people out there thinking the new dlc is too hard, can't please everyone.
    • Like x 4
  5. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I had the same thought initially - that the CR224 NPCs should hit harder and go down more slowly.

But then I realized that my brain was still holding on to the old CR system, and my response was "Hey, maybe my stats really do matter!" :)
    • Like x 1
  6. EP Ice Loyal Player

I’m just not used to seeing a version of Gotham with sunlight. It’s weird to me.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Evil sunlight.
    • Like x 15
  8. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Well I just came back about 1 week ago for a 2-3 month break.

Honesty the last Episode was the same way... I logged on my 3 main toons re spent my skill points and put in a new loadout. because of the revamp... Went to the New Episode and beat it all no problem in my old gear. Heck my 196cr heal side went through the Rise Alert with 3 Dps no problem.

I think the responces so far to this post is correct... It appears that Elite is now for us to have that feeling of resistance. and to give reason to progress in strength / skill... . The rest is scaled for people with low SP / experience .

With that being the direction we are headed now they need to have Elite alerts in every episode to insure the end gamers don't get bored to quick.. Elite raids are good but you can only do it once per week. That's not enough.

I dont like the change either... but I'm sure it will insure that new people stay around longer and support the game more. which is good. If they add more Elite versions it will be optimal for everyone.
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

So LA Smog then?
    • Like x 2
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Not only do we not have cr differential, but we also don’t have the ridiculous stat inflation of T5-6. So yeah, the change in difficulty as we progress through the episode’s cr curve is going to be a lot more subtle than anything we’ve seen since Origin Crisis. That was like 4 years ago so yeah, I can see people going into this with the wrong expectations. Yeah the dlc is already fairly easy day 1, but the upside is that it’s not going to get even easier by any significant amount during the life of this dlc.
    • Like x 1
  11. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

You know, Earth 3 Gotham does have that Hazy cloudy LA feel to it. like the sun is trying to come out, but just can't get through all the grime. :p
  12. BumblingB I got better.

Today in Pasadena...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  13. Capitaine Courage Active Player

We had the same light today in Paris.
    Ironically, pollution can create some really nice settings because of light diffusion over particules, especially in autumn and winter.
    But unlike cameras, we need to breathe ...
    • Like x 3
  14. light FX Steadfast Player

Finished all normal raid feats on the 1st day. Sorry but thats too easy. Im fine with normal content being for all but the feats should have difficulty to them.
    • Like x 2
  15. Capitaine Courage Active Player

The game should get rid of it on the contrary, but it's too late now and things will stay as they are.
    That's one of the worst progression system I've ever seen in any mmo, coupled with one of the worst UI you can find. It was bad and lazzy in 2011, it's still bad today
    A outdated combination of bad console games designs typical of the mid 2000, when studios started to put success, feats, achievements, (name it how you like), everywhere to artificially inflate the longevity of their games, meaning they were unable to produce gamedesigns that could insure this longevity by themselves (good games doesn't need it to be good and still played 30 years later), and the worst MMO designs tropes.
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Get rid of the feat system? Im guessing thats what u mean. Im not against that. But you're right its definitely too late for that now.
  17. Capitaine Courage Active Player

That's what I mean yes, but as we said things are like that since the beginning so I learned to live with that even if I never liked this sytem.
    ( As I told here, my tag is new but I play DCUO since the game is F2P, with a 2 years long hiatus after the management of the game went back from Prosieben to SOE in EU and my characters were lost in the process).
    We will have to wait for a sequel to see something new.

And I think not that much people actually really like them.
    Speak to players that have high SP, what will they tell you ? That they worked hard to build their charecters, and they surely take pride in that. But what it means actually is that getting this SPs and feats was a chore indeed. If your progression system are a burden, and not a springboard, then they are badly designed. A good general post lvling progression system is one where you progress without noticing, whatever you're doing. Artifact are exactly that and that's why they are a step in the good direction, despite the monetisation gates they did put behind it.
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

My impression on Earth 3 - I really like it. Great designs on the Syndicate and play areas; enjoy the mechanics (especially the Johnny Quick fight); and some nice base items and styles. Riddled with Crime was aggravating in many ways; but Earth 3 is content I enjoy playing!
    • Like x 4
  19. oliver251274 Active Player

Why
    why is it wrong? If you have an expierienced group it should be possible. The problem is not the feat, its the player base, we have new and experienced players.
    So if you have league runs or friends who belongs to the experienced category, all feats are easy.

If this game should get a chance for the furture this "!easy feat " solution is the only feasible way.
    If you want a challenge, choose PUG ;-)
    • Like x 4
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player

ultraman suffers from sunlight, thats why they blocked the sun over gotham. its like in the matrix, when they tryed to block the machines from the sunlight. well, i would like to see a fight between bizarro and ultraman... that might get very intersting...