Concerns: Artifacts from a Support Role

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ObsidianChill_DCUO, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Kestral Committed Player

Well I've been playing at top tier since Tier 3 was new, so yes 'anymore' is valid. I do occasionally get to have a second heal in the top tier raids which is nice but it's more of a pleasant surprise then the norm. It's neat to be able to see how I directly compare occasionally instead of only hearing second hand from my group after I've been gone a few days that other healers apparently don't know what a heal button is according to them.
    • Like x 1
  2. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Yeah, that's why we need to cut into the burn some.

The balance is way out of whack right now with the vast majority being DPS.

Unfortunately we cannot have more difficult content nor does members of the community want us to do more damage to make up the difference of 1-3 DPS's.

Simply put they are calling for nerfs for tanks damage.

Without even going into the players who don't know how to play any role.

Pretty sad really.
    • Like x 1
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Already people ask for SP...CR... and other requirements I fail to recall.

So of course they will ask "What artifact you use".

Pretty sure you will need at least 2 Artifacts so you will be able to switch on the fly as needed depending on the group you play with.

Although..... there are only 5 Artifacts so far.... and 8 players in a raid.

So out of 8 players.... odds are there will be players using all 5 different Artifacts.

But it could be different in the future once they start adding more Artifacts to the game.

The Devs do try to push group play....

But sadly they also push competition as opposed to cooperation.

They will never succeed to encourage group play as long as they keep encouraging competition in PvE with the Scoreboard.

If the Devs really want to encourage group play.... the first thing they should do is remove the scoreboard.
    That would be at the very least the first step.

But I strongly doubt that that would ever happen. :(
    • Like x 3
  4. Atomis Maximus Level 30

I agree with you was just emphasizing how ridiculous this wait for development attitude that some have is
    • Like x 2
  5. Atomis Maximus Level 30

Why do your little made up rules apply to all roles but dps? If things are dying fast enough why do we need to buff damage? This argument is asinine...
    • Like x 1
  6. Controller Devoted Player

The hilarious thing here is that if this first iteration of Artifacts benefitted "ONLY" Controllers, Tanks and Healers you'd see wailing, seas turning red, skies falling, WW IV, etc, etc, etc.

We'd have about 30 pages of Dps-centric posts about how unfair it is.

I'm all good, though. Been playing since 2013 and I'm not going anywhere.

I'll see how this turns out but I'll be very disappointed if they keep other roles waiting too long.
    • Like x 1
  7. Atomis Maximus Level 30

Exactly lol
  8. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

All you do as a healer is just mod power and spam..I literally solo heal'd zoo with a bunch of melee dps and a battle tank as sorcery at minimum cr and power vii expert mods in every socket. Not only is content hardly designed to actually give critical health depletion but healers who have power issues are those who choose to have power issues. The only time extra health would even remotely come close to helping is if it was enough to avoid 1shot mechanics in general or in elite, which it probably won't be considering how overkill those tend to be. I've seen pictures of a rage tank getting hit for 66k inside of ZOOe. Artifact can't changing **** about that situation.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Because npcs can always die more quickly.

If everyones health bars are always full then nothing more you do will make that better.

Unless of course you seem to think you can heal their health bar bigger lol
  10. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

Actually the straight power spec is meant for 2 troll situations, vit/pow spec is meant for 5-1-1-1, straight vit is discouraged. The fact you missed that basic point indicates you didn't even read what he/I wrote or failed to understand a simple argument. Prob doesn't help that posts are being deleted that go into detail over this but that's an argument for another day.
    • Like x 1
  11. Atomis Maximus Level 30

So you need artifacts to compensate for poor burn to kill things faster?
    Whatever lol. I'm done talking in circles with you. Idk if you're just trolling or are you really too dense to see how ridiculous your argument is.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

The assumption that its even a compensation for poor burn shows your approaching this argument with a jaded view.

Good burn increased = better burn.

End of really.
  13. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Proxy you are sounding like a day 1 player here honestly or you are just completely and utterly oblivious to the dcuo's history. These are indeed the first batch of artifacts and Mepps says future artifacts may or may not be in line with what I am discussing but that doesn't mean that a) I should just give up and relent and accept these Artifacts in their current state b) the second batch of artifacts may or may not ever come in dcuo's lifetime. You keep saying everyother point I bring up doesn't matter and its not the same because you personally refuse to accept that you point of view has no foundation. You recall the U.I update Proxy? That was another addition that was talked about we say videos and threads about and in the end it never came to fruition, Mepps said it was coming etc and it didn't, just because Mepps says a second batch of artifacts is coming in the future doesn't necessary mean it may and they could take a completely different direction because there is precedent for them doing so. On #ASKDCUO Mepps directly said that OP collections for this episode would only drop in the raids and alerts, we know that isn't true because they drop in the duos and open world boxes as well. Just because one person says it, doesn't mean that should be taken completely without any question. Proxy you can envisage any future you want in DCUO, it doesn't mean that it will actually come true because the precedent time and time again in DCUO is the latter which is why once again while artifacts are in the testing phase I am pushing for these changes, because I am playing the game right now, I am not looking into the future if I was living in the future of the game I wouldn't have spent countless 1000's of replays farming multiple sets of gear to be SM ready because SM apparently isn't coming but hey Proxy i'll "wait and see for the development of SM"

The point which you completely miss every page of this thread is that it doesn't have to please just one of the roles in DCUO, there is a perfectly capable way to make sure every role is sufficiently taken care of and it just requires a little through, buffing health is just a very simplistic approach. You just refuse to accept that as a possibility because you think that its perfectly fine just to wait for a indeterminate amount of time for second batch of artifacts that may or may not ever be released.
    • Like x 3
  14. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

DCUO is built around DPS. They take center stage majority of the time. These Artifacts give supoort an opportunity to really shine. And be more appealing and wanted to be played. Tanks are not hard to find. They are in a good spot. I personally like the damage potential from a tank...I hate turtle tanking myself. I'm pro Battle Support Roles...as long as they are doing what their role calls for. Healers and Trolls are the harder finds when in LFG chats. Trolls the hardest by far. Trolls need power and need to give power (which helps all roles) Healers need that power to keep groups alive the most. Dps is secondary when it comes to need of power. Tanks are in a good place as far as need of power. I might be speaking for myself. I fire tank and have little issue in my power consumption for the most part. If we lean to help trolls out and other support roles....dps will reap the benefit as well. Artifacts are a grindy long lived item people grow...they, with out a doubt, need to be the OP items of all OP items.
    Imho...Build Artifacts more for support....which will benefit dps overall but not make it all about dps benefits. The setup of 1-3-2-2 groups are the rarest thing going. We are more likely to see 1-5-1-1...and the occasional 1-4-1-2 with 2 trolls.

Imo I think the artifacts at rank 100 should be as follows...

Dps-7% of might gives...
    Troll .....vit+pwr
    Healer ..rest+pwr
    Tank .....def+pwr
    (dps are a dime a dozen and are easily found in lfg...make them benefit support roles the most)

Troll-5% of power gives...
    Dps .......health+10% pwrcost red.
    Healer ...pwr+10% pwrcost red.
    Tank .....dom+10% pwrcost red.
    (by giving powercost reductions trolls they will have less strain when in raids than currently going for average trolls. I have played with very good trolls and never had to pop a soder to keep my damage going as a tank or dps.)

Healer-7% of resto gives...
    Tank.....health+10% reduction of cooldown times
    Dps.......def+10% reduction of cooldown times
    Troll.....dom and 10% reduction of cooldown times
    (healers giving trolls dom for debuffs and cc just solitfies a a benefit of being a troll and the healer who gives those benefits. The reduction of power cooldown times allow for dps's to put out damage a little faster. Adding health ti a tank and giving dps's an ability to survive to do damage longer

Tank-7% of dom gives...
    Dps.....def+10% sc regeneration
    Troll....dom+10% sc regeneration
    Healer..health+10% sc regeneration
    (Tanks help trolls debuff...dps's survive and give healers a larger health pool. With the added SC regeneration tanks are a must with their rank 100 Artifact. Giving dps's even more defense further helps their survival and damage potential.)

The way I see it dps's gain alot without having to add might to further their damage potential. They benefit from cooldowns and being able to survive. Having reductions in powercosts only help that more. Tanks, Trolls and Healers are far from left out and IMO become that much more valuable. Just a thought I been kicking around all day. Thoughts? Changes? I have yet to come up with different benefits unique to each Artifact that seems better than what's available now. I like the Azaratian Fortitude, Might of Urgrund, Savagery of Mageddon, Quantum Reinforcement Field, and Jade Flames's Vitality. There's not alot I would change there at the moment. Overall I like the idea of what people can bring to the group when it comes to Artifacts. Benefits to go around and makes team work a priority. I know all too well...toxic people make good groups bad...but those people exist. Like it or not. Toxic people will always be around...but any mature person can put them on igmore and move on and find people who want to enjoy the game. Good people who enjoy the game will find each other and benefit each other even further than it has previously been.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

So now the personal insults start because deep down you know your argument is without real merit.

Calling me a day one player because i'm telling you to wait for future artifacts is a sure sign of desperation now on your part.

They shouldn't change these artifacts just because you demand it.

If you want different artifacts then put forth ideas, but just drop this futile effort to enforce your will on them.

You're right the next artifacts may still not be what you want, maybe the third won't either.

Whether you like it or not that truly is life and just because you put forth an idea doesnt necessarily mean it'll be implemented.
    • Like x 2
  16. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

If you choose to take a statement of complete fact as a personal insult than that is certainly your prerogative, I however see you only as completely derailing this thread from the start because you have added nothing constructive to my points besides that I should "wait and see the development process" which I have routinely told you gets you nowhere with DCUO. Discussions like these need to take place in the development process not after it hits live because then we know its not a priority they are onto the next scheduled content release.

I am not demanding nor have I ever alluded to demanding they change these artifacts I am merely presenting a sound argument why in their current design it is not ideal which I have yet to see anyone dispute here.
    • Like x 4
  17. Proxystar #Perception

Actually I haven't derailed the thread at all im simply expressing a differing opinion one in which has clearly incensed you so much you've felt the need to question my experience and refer to me as a day one player.

If you have anything further to say that I feel like responding to then i'll do so, otherwise, Mepps has already responded to you and I will leave you to continue on whatever it is you think you're going to achieve here.

At this point nothing else need be said.
    • Like x 1
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

we wouldnt need these silly systems to begin with if they didnt butcher the roles as it stands and render support roles minus tank useless.

And make our progression feel useless.

As I said this is nothing more but a distraction or illusion that we are strong as before instead of actually fixing what is the real issue.
    • Like x 3
  19. Surtur Well-Known Player

If artifacts have some kind of monetisation tied to them . Then artifacts will be developed on a regular basis.
    Thinking that Artifacts will not be monetised would be a bit naive IMO but that's just me. I think artifacts will be tied to TC's somehow.

Instead of stirring the pot and jumping to conclusions.

Reread this comment below from Mepps and take a breather.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...rom-a-support-role.292098/page-3#post-4051285

Jack Emmert has pretty much had the dev team deliver on a regular basis since he has taken over DCUO. It was the group before that was constantly promising stuff and then dropping the ball. You really cannot use SM as an example because that is not something that he started.

It would not surprise me if SM was put on the back burner for other ideas considering SM really does not benefit service the whole player base.
    • Like x 1
  20. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I'm daily on the forums. Respect alot of you regulars. But I do have to say...too many times threads get derailed with this back and forth stuff. Agree to disagree put your adulting pants on, tighten that belt and move on. Hard to have input and be taken serious if we just debate (argue) over so many little things. We all have opinions...but we all want the same thing. Make DCUO the game we have a passion for better. Js. Thought I had some decent input...but that page has passed, all I see is bickering. As my nine yr old once told me..."girls girls girls...stop fighting. There's bras in every size for everyone. " I havent the slighest idea where he got that...but none the less I laughed a little too hard. Let's get this thread back on track. COMM...(UNITY).