Final Plea for Better Crafting

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Surtur Well-Known Player

The current R&D within DCUO is like this commercial.

LOL
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

This is why viii plans are expensive now. That was the last easiest mod to make
    • Like x 1
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

With how exobytes get dispensed like water from some of these time capsules, that makes a lot of sense.
  4. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

I'm sure the devs were waiting for the final plea and now something will be done.
    • Like x 3
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

I'm all for getting players to do more R&D and making the list monstrous is not going to do that. Cutting the fat and reducing the numbers is the only way to get more players involved.
    • Like x 1
  6. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I run quite a few alts as well. Not relentlessly or anything but I will at least hit their highest level raid, alert, and duo. Plus the Vault that drops the gear for them. If anything I would see it as an advantage. More stuff to salvage. Then again. I literally salvage every single piece of gear that it will let me.

I mean at best maybe they could do people the solid of giving a discount after the feat. I don't really see crafting as an impossible thing to accomplish nor incredibly difficult. I also have an extreme amount of patience. Rome wasn't built in a day. Same policy I use with my league or my many characters. Also I don't just stand around in the game (Not saying anyone here does), and I am constantly doing something. I literally cannot keep up with all the materials that I get.

I am not saying this in a negative "HAHA YOU ARE WRONG" type way. I am saying it because by the time I realized this myself I had already blown so many MoV on the 3 Olympian and 2 out of 3 of the Age Of Justice Generator Mods plans. You can actually buy them off the broker, and I was shocked at how cheap they are. Literally on DAY ONE of the Riddled With Crime release I got the generator mod plans for Might, and everything is typically more expensive on day one. I paid 2 million for them. I just got the Resto plans the other day for 2.5 million. I would definitely pay that over 85 much needed MoV any day.
  7. Ully Committed Player

The yield from salvaging has not increased while production costs have seen a considerable increase. I mean, there's not much more to it than that. I've hoarded materials through out the years, and my supplies have dwindled significantly because of the issue aforementioned.
    • Like x 1
  8. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

Just to help you all out:
    The dev's allready did something with this.

If you use "special forces" or "olympian" mods, you can recover the whole mod and switch it to another gear.
    In wartorn village and area 51 you can buy "special forces" recovery kits. (And "olympian" in Typhon.)
    They cost 20 MoV.

After you have recovered a mod, it will become accountbound so you can also trade the mod with an alt if you want. ;)
    • Like x 2
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Switch to Betas....

1. Same amount of Exobytes required 1(ONE)
    2. No simple or complex material required just like the Alphas
    3. Recovery is just as simple as an alpha.. buy 1 alpha recovery kit.. You have your Exobyte back, But one Beta enhancer and your ready to craft.. Just slightly more $$$ than buying the Alpha

The Betas do up stats more (slightly) than the Alpha so the way figure since the ONLY added cost is a tiny bit more for the enhancer.. why not? No added exobytes hunting required.. Use the same exobyte over and over and over using the recovery kits and you can grab all those bonuses for having the right color mod in the right slot without a lot of hunting and trading and whatever.

I definitely agree on the mods above VII too much added stuff to deal with. I created some and was at the broker buying all kinds of stuff I was either short on or flat out did not have.
    • Like x 1
  10. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

You're missing the point.
  11. Original Kal Well-Known Player

I'm with this guy.
    • Like x 1
  12. Johnny DCUO Well-Known Player

The point is: Not wanting to farm all materials.
    The solution is: You don't have to, you can recover the mod.

Point > solution. ;)
  13. VariableFire Loyal Player

While it may seem like MoV drop like crazy, they really don't. Simply replacing all your mods on one character would wipe you out. Considering how often they want you to change gear, it's not viable. Particularly with buying all the Essence Purifiers and Generator Plans they keep dropping. Essence Purifiers should only cost 1 MoV, Generator Plans should never have exceeded 50, and the exchange kits should cost the same as synthetics did, which is really what they're replacing.

But that's beside the point. Too many required materials for too little effect.
    • Like x 4
  14. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

No man. Just no.
  15. HEALER35 Well-Known Player

The crafting for these mods are point blank stupid and needs to be put back how it used to be or just make a mod recover kit. You do all that farming for one episode then turn around and have to get all that essence over again for the next episode, which is just a bad idea.

And the trolls on here that think the crafting mod system is perfect you need help serious. sometimes I wonder if they are under the influence sometime when they make decisions for this game. They need to start having a vote on everything they do from the whole DCUO community because it seems a lot of bad ideas arise when they do it themselves.

And I mean the whole community not just this forum, because listening to not even the 1% of the game on this forum is what got this game broken in the first place. Sorry to be so harsh but after 7+ years of investing in this liability and to see it this way is just heartbreaking, we all adults here and need adult things and decisions to happen.
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The FACT is these days depending on what you play while on line there is never a time when a player is NOT changing out armor....

Let's use my now CR 198 Water Alt... I log on and run the vault mission and get a free piece of armor ... Now at this point most of that simply gets salvaged since almost all my armor is above CR 172 but until THAT finally occurred that meant that within minutes after I logged on I already was replacing (and dealing with recovering and replacing 1 mod).

The head to Amusement Mile and run the daily missions there.. 6 days a week that results in 1 more piece of armor that is replaced and needs a new mod since the daily bounty awards an armor box. Now on Thursday after the reset add two more that drop when you do the weekly 333/42 missions.

So over the course on a week I get 7 pieces of gear from the vault and 9 more running the amusement miles daily missions.

Drop back a bit... Before my CR and armor got so high it was pointless to even be in there anymore i was heading to the two War Torn zones daily. ... In those zones you can grab 3 pieces of gear a day.. One from each mission you get from Lady Blackhawk (1 in each zone) and a third by joining a team and defeating a Paradox Demon. That was 21 pieces of gear a week.. And add a couple more each week by doing the 411 mission and the 4 bounties every week.

Now of course not all the gear that drops needs a mod.. Any necklaces, mask, charms or utility belts that drop can just be slotted and your done... But you are still grabbing a good bit of gear that wants a MOD.

We have not even discussed armor you get doing solo challenges, duos, alerts or raids on any of those days... at at the right CR I was grabbing as much as 29 pieces of new possibly improved gear a week just running outdoor daily content and then add more for the duos, alerts and weekly raids. Now even using Total Recall kits that still means you are running through a huge amount of simple and complex material along with all that other STUFF they require for those higher mods these days.

I gave up worrying about high mods long ago during the monthly content and just slot betas of the proper color to get me the bonus stats. I use the exact same exobyte over and over and don't need to worry about simple/complex material or anything else.
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

artificial stuff to keep players in the game longer ;)
  18. Kestral Committed Player

That's great for running lower level alts but as soon as new plans come out you still need to make all new, usually even more expensive material wise, mods for your gear again.

Also, for those that don't run alts there really isn't a benefit to taking out a lower tier mod and putting it in higher tier gear if you need and or want top tier mods only.
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

tbh where Im full SF mods in my gear, if the goon gear mods aren't giving us more stats by alot I wont even bother with them as they will take a crap load of materials + bytes to craft 1.
  20. Kestral Committed Player

Good points for the devs to understand. Personally the way I deal with this is give all dropped gear to my dps side that I only play in solo or outdoor content usually. Those get beta mods or nothing due to how frequently they change out. My Healer side which is what I take into alerts and raids gets only bought gear which I immediately mod with the current Tiers mods. Usually by the time I am able to buy each piece I have built up enough materials to be able to mod it.

However, that does mean that when I do need to switch to DPS for alerts and raids that side suffers for the lost mods. I wish they would do to mods what they did to gear cost where if I already have a full set made for one role the other gets reduced pricing for crafting. That way when my DPS side gets up to full purple dropped gear I can still have some time with the good mods before the next DLC comes out and running fully modded becomes impractical once more.