Test Discussion Episode 29: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Sep 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schimaera Devoted Player

By tier 11 we gonna need a whole inventory of exos, complex mats and simple mats...
    • Like x 4
  2. Aerith Rose Committed Player

To many OP items was not the problem. Over priced and extremely difficult OP items with a short life was the problem. Seems like once again the fix does exactly what people do not want.
    • Like x 5
  3. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I would think it’s fairly safe to say, at least amongst the testing forum crowd, that the crafting requirements in Episode 29 are concerning to say the least, specifically the complex material needed. And while this may be only the opinion from an extremely small portion of the game, it is a good indication of how the most passionate players are likely to feel and react.

Past instances have shown that while ultimately well intentioned changes are seen as balanced and for the good of the game by the Devs, the playerbase can and will have a much different perspective on things.

To put things in perspective, I currently have 4001 simple material and 2321 complex material saved up from various times throughout my six years of playing this game. Sure it could have been more but for a long while simple material had almost no value and I often sold them to a vendor or just outright deleted stacks. I also put up complex material on the auction house in years past for a very minor profit since they too had extremely limited value at times. And I’m sure there are a few players out there with more reserves than me, but what portion of the population has six years worth of hoarding to fall back on?

I currently play three characters, two heroes and one villain. If I were to craft them the mods in Episode 29, I would use 1944 simple material and 1296 complex material. Slightly under half of my simple material would be gone and over half of my complex material along with it. Come Episode 30, my reserves would surely be close to depletion. And come Episode 31 and it’s new generator mod, my reserves would be fully depleted with almost no hope of recovering. Six years of material gone in a matter of months.

I know alt problems need alt solutions, but when exactly are those solutions going to get here?

And what about players that haven’t played for years or haven’t stockpiled resources. I guess they are just plain out of luck.

At best, this is a clearly unsustainable oversight. And at worst, well I’d rather not get banned.

Please, reconsider the crafting costs for this upcoming DLC as a short term fix. And then take the time to give crafting as a whole an entire overhaul, it sorely needs it.
    • Like x 15
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

This.

I came back for the revamp after having left the game just before the XB1 launch. I was pretty active before that and have several mules to hold mats. Even with my piles of stuff, I have yet to make a single Olympian or Special Forces mod of any kind. Yes, the simple/complex needs are ridiculous but I still get plenty of them. Yes, the byte costs are ******* ridiculous but I have plenty of them to outfit one character. What I have a hard time coming up with are the Marks of Victory for the (insert mat that costs 5 marks here) thanks to relevancy. I need 75 marks for ONE SF generator mod? That's insane! The problem became even worse once my main hit cr199 and I lost all of AF3 as a source for marks.

I was going to just play one toon but I have started using a couple of alts to farm marks for outfitting my main. Any crafting system that requires using multiple characters to make stuff for one of them is flawed. I'm with the crowd who has advocated for reasonable fixed costs using a new essence per episode. We still need to farm a mountain of those things. That's enough.
    • Like x 7
  5. BumblingB I got better.

This could be fixed if they would set ALL stacking to 999. :/
    • Like x 5
  6. BumblingB I got better.

I am different. I modded everytime a new mod/gear came out. I used beta or synth mods on alts. Beta isn't worth it now, since most affinities are minimal and synth mods are gone.

In the Starro event, I depleted my reserves of complex. I've actually just been salvaging as much as possible and still have not completed my crafting.

To the poster who said the acquisition of materials doesn't increase, it's actually worse. Since dropped gear now as opposed to before, can or will give junk/trash to be sold only. So we could have 10 pieces to salvage and get 1 simple. So the RNG included in the future content just to acquire these insane amount of materials is even worse than what is possible.

I remember when the Codexes from HoF were costing an insane amount of resources for very little gain and they were adjusted. And this was shortly after the launch of RnD update. It was adjusted then and I can only imagine that there will be outcry when this goes live. Especially if this is indication of the direction of blueprints.
    • Like x 3
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. SHUSHHH Well-Known Player

are we really not gonna get a reduction on any of our concern before the episode goes live? don't give no bs excuse you devs got alot of time to do so.

i would be happy if you get rid of the rings, neck and face from vendor like what was said.
    Cmon with this stupid R&D bs
    • Like x 1
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Monkey paw!!! If they change it that way we probably need one stack of each mat to craft something :D

On a serious note, stacks of 999 would be sweet. But without the reduction in Crafting Costs I don't think this will be a game changer. We have alts for too much crafting material. Reduction first, stacking second imo :D
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I was referring to Elu's complaint, not the crafting cost issue.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

I assumed that even though you could have just removed the part that I was referring to, BB.

All these things aside - I hope people have realized that my post shouldn't be taken too serious :)

Hence the smileys :):):)
  12. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

But bro that will cut into their tc sales. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.