Please devs, address why we keep getting less and less?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

Its been a constant thing, I know games evolve and change but I think we're going backwards here. And I get it, this is business and its all about making the most profit out of everything in the game but we are going past some limits were I ask myself, this isn't the game I used to love.

DLCs content was split, no longer includes powersets, new systems or Legend characters (except Water most of it seems gone for good)

Nowadays we don't even get 2 new style sets each episode. This is unacceptable, at least before we used to have 2 different styles but now if the only new style its not your cup of tea you're screwed.
    Why not enough people complains about it?
    Is this going to be the trend from now on?
    Also I know they put it on a TC instead the episode, so I feel like I'm being milked as a member.

We don't get new weapon sets since 2 years ago.

Marketplace is a ghost town. Some base items every now and then, but were are the styles? Hairstyle packs? Weapon sets powerset inspired? Come on, the only thing I see here is so many missed oportunities to make money!

The worst of it is that all this just happened, faded... the devs never gave us a reason or told us if there are some real plans to get back to this, (I guess not).

This changes made me lost interest in the game, been so dissapointed with the current direction. I thought they would follow weekly/monthly plans to release stuff on the MP but they didn't and there's just so many things we could get... it's truly a shame, whoever is in charge of this decisions... you should know better than this.
    • Like x 33
  2. majosea Dedicated Player

agreed I have asking for (brand new styles from the style request thread for ages now
    • Like x 3
  3. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

there giving us (buy buy buy) TC'S still catering to the casual players. making it take longer to do less. and they wonder why the player base keeps getting smaller, and smaller. it seems like there starting to see this is not working. but, greed is a hard thing to give up. will they get it right before the game just fade's away...???
    • Like x 6
  4. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Isn't it Obvious?

DLC content was split, no longer includes powersets, new systems or legends.

This was done in a poor attempt to force Premiums to Subscribe to the game. They saw the fact that Premium members were only buying items every now and then; and they also saw the fact that Premiums were manging to get feats and content done without the need to go Legendary.

Poof, now all the additional stuff has been separated so either your forced to spend a lot more money to continue getting feats as Premium player or Subscribe to the game.

This either worked it's charm or it completely backfired and made alot of premiums quit versus subscribing, one of DBG's terrible decisions that I don't support.

Styles are probably the same thing going on, They want people to buy Time Capsules; If people can get cool style items from Time Capsules versus Content; It'll make Time Capsules have more appeal and the Content will have less appeal.
    I mean seriously, we got Allan Scott and Mid-nite Gear. Both of those are more iconic and appeal more than the Blackhawk and Riddler Gear that we're getting.

Of course, I get the fact that Style is a Preference thing; but It's sad when Casual Clothing becomes the Frontline of Styles for upcoming content; when half of the players on the forums aren't even asking for riddler inspired styles in the first place.

Weapon sets: I guess these probably weren't marketed or sold well, because like Lair Themes; these also appear to have been discontinued. I even asked for a Water Weapons Pack and Ultimately that somehow Translated into a Splash Base Item pack... Confusing.

People have complained about the lack of items on the Marketplace, People have complained and asked for new styles and stuff on the marketplace, People don't complain as much anymore because ultimately; the development team rarely uses it.

I'm not intending to come across as mean or disrespectful with my post, but unless there's an actual reason to why these changes took place; I can't draw any other conclusions.
    • Like x 13
  5. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

They too busy to figure out how to get the most out of our pockets, with these capsules, where they add the stuff ppl been asking for 5years, instead of it being in MP, they add it to where they can nickel and dime you. And I don't blame them, I have friends who spend 400 bucks on just keys haha, so until we stop spending money and start voicing our opinions they'll just walk over us.

I seen numerous threads where ppl have great ideas for the MP for styles, auras, materials, hair styles and so on. And they get either ignored or put behind somewhat of a pay wall with the most outrageous RnG to keep you spending that mula.

Honestly I just gave up on the devs completely. They only reply and listen to those well-known super elite play every hr or the day players, then the general community. Look how long it took them to get water out, look what they said about serum, they just want the best way to get us to spend every dime we have. With ridiculous vendor prices, which is why they went through multiple changes, then take missions away from dlcs lol. The list goes on and on.

I get it at the end of the day they are a business they need to get paid and feed their family and pay bills. But there's a good way to do and make your money and there's day breaks way, which everything revolves around "vest way to make ppl to buy replays, or anything like stabilizer keys, to get them that quick bucks

The way i see it in my opinion, each hotfixes, each dlc, each GU they treat it as their last, what i mean is that, again best way to make you spend ALOT for so little.
    • Like x 2
  6. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

I don't know I thought we got plenty during the last month.
    • Like x 5
  7. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

In a sense your right, but at the same time it wasn't as great as it could be.

All those items that were available last month were only available to one character on your account versus I don't know.. using them for all of your characters.

I don't know about you, but If I were only getting one item; I'd be questioning why I'd still have alts on my account if the devs aren't letting me go all out on customizing them.

Granted, Style Unlocker could tweak this problem; but who knows when it's coming and more importantly what kind of currency or money system is it going to use?
    • Like x 1
  8. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I dont believe the game developers are the driving force behind profits over fun. I blame the marketing dept and it's warped idea of what users want and what they can charge for it.
    • Like x 5
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I agree with most of what you've said, especially since styles is the one major component that keeps me in this game. The thing that makes me sad is that we're not seeing many complaints about this situation because not too many people seem to care about styles like some of us do. I am seriously hoping though that they see this thread, and with the Revamp out and with the lead time they have for November, that they correct this grave mistake and give us a second style to go for within the content (Time Capsules are a different thing that i'm personally ok with, but not at the expense of in-game styles).

As for the weapon packs....I loved them, have bought almost all of them (the best ones were the Sacred/Wicked styles). The sad truth is though that they didn't sell as well as they would've likes, and they decided not to spend more resources in that direction. As much as it sucks, it makes sense.
    • Like x 2
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You do realize that by the time you asked the question, the Splash Pack was already a thing internally...from weeks ago when they had internally finished the powerset?!!? There were never any plans for a weapons pack, especially since they have felt that despite the occasional mention by a few forumites, there's no real demand for them. There was never any intentions to release a Water Weapons pack...or any others...that should have been evident when they didn't release one for Munitions and Atomic.
    • Like x 4
  11. Kuno Loyal Player

This current state of styles, meaning we only have 1 set each episode and 1 style in TC every 2 months that makes style unlock more necessary than ever.
    If I could at least unlock some cool looking T5-6 villain inspired styles for my heroes, that would give me something to do style wise.
    Blackhawk and Riddle styles coulndt be more basic and rebudant. Again the best looking styles goes straight to TCs.
    • Like x 3
  12. TestReporter Loyal Player

They don't want you to but only styles from the marketplace, they want u to buy styles from the marketplace and TCs, and since there are a lot of people buying TCs because of the feats and because they are dumb, the devs will focus on the TCs instead of making styles for content, since they give us that out for "free", and MP because it's cheaper for us and they want tha money.
    When they announced the marketplace soda, i warned everyone of how dangerous it could be in the future, that the game was going more p2w than ever, but noooo, it was just a conspiracy theory :rolleyes:.
    • Like x 8
  13. Prosser Dedicated Player

It's fairly obvious really, they make and release what sells. New episodes sell, time capsules sell, powers/respec tokens sell, and of course replay's sell. Outside of those things, most other items are bought by the minority, so they will keep pumping out what the majority buys.
    • Like x 1
  14. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Dlc used to contain legends and powers but with dlc being released quarterly at the time it was unnecessary to have those things tie into an unrelated content. When powers and legends are ready they are released instead of being held onto for a content release.
  15. Revafall Well-Known Player

Let's just realise that the game is once again doing poorly, devs creativity is a lacking and content is stale, I don't even login anymore, I've grown tired of boring content and the fact that the devs don't expand on the things the game needs. No open world (new cities and landscapes), best styles behind a paywall, old useless UI, Quality of Life changes are nowhere to be found. Yeah... After 4 years, I think I'm on my way out, to play other games that has these things.
    • Like x 4
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

We used to have dlcs that had 3-4 styles in them. And those were quarterly dlcs. We are pretty much at that point again but we get 1 style now? :rolleyes:

Even with monthly content we got 2 styles. A drop style and vendor style. I agree its unacceptable. Even some of the brief rewards have been lackluster. Look at the new OP item for ep29. Its the herald of the black hand style with some glowing fingers :confused: Honestly imo the ep29 rewards are all pretty lackluster. Except maybe the TC because i think i know whats in there. But the TC isnt part of the episode. Ep30 better have some more rewards with substance.

As far as the MP goes well the reasoning was the stuff they do add to the MP doesnt sell. Well have we ever seen the MP with the best style items? No we havent. If ya put lackluster styles on the MP well of course they wont sell well. And just look at the recent splash pack. Its got clipping issues, i guess thats being fixed, had to fix the pet, and an item is missing which i still havent received from buying the pack the 1st day. All of this makes me not want to spend anything other then my sub. In fact that splash pack was probably the last thing i buy off that MP with my own $. I will use my monthly dbc moving forward.
    • Like x 6
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I agree we need better brief rewards.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Im just going to flat out and say it. The reason we cant have nice things is because of the PS3.

The reason we cant get new game modes, legends, weapons, new cities, etc.
    • Like x 5
  19. myandria Item Storage

Dero said:
    Im just going to flat out and say it. The reason we cant have nice things is because of the PS3.

The reason we cant get new game modes, legends, weapons, new cities, etc.

Hmm.. I think that DCUO is waiting for Sony to retire the PS3 before making the move to not support the game on PS3; I don't think the company is brave enough to make that move on it's own.
    • Like x 1
  20. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

That's an excuse that after the PS3 is gone will change to "It's the PS4's fault" .
    • Like x 5