Are we ever getting other weapons?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kalin, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Kalin Level 30

Pretty sad that in the game's entire lifespan shield has been the only new weapon.

Where's the whip? The wand? The shield & sword? Etc.

DCUO is missing video game and iconic DC staples.
    • Like x 4
  2. Kuno Loyal Player

They were not able to put new weapon styles for more than 2 years now... let alone a new weapon with all those new animations,very time/work consuming for what they get in return (or thats what the devs says).
    They prefer to put the rare gear new style they take away from episodes and crap on TC, because they make much money that way.
  3. Toshknight Loyal Player

i dont see why we would need anything new. but. i would like to see mixed weapon sets lol. i love playing the Flash in legends. he is martial arts / brawling.... and that is the best.... also they could re work some animations with the duel wielding and a couple other things. but we pretty much have every weapon . it just seems like its not alot cause alot are similar.... like duel wielding is very similar looking to 1 handed.... and two handed is not to far from staff. i hate the two handed animation myself. it just seems like my character is swinging a weapon to big for them and is slow.... i could go on but. there are alot of animation fixes they could do but i dont think they need any new weapon sets.

p.s Speed force powerset FTW. play flash in legends and tell me that wouldnt be f n awesome, if they can make water into a power this would be a gold mine
  4. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

The contradiction is strong here.
  5. Prosser Dedicated Player

Not as long as we have the PS3 holding us down. #NotEnoughRAM
    • Like x 1
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Some new weapons would be nice but my guess would be that between Kuno and Prosser you pretty much have the reason why it could be a very long time before we see any. After that long down time while they were revamping for Stats matter they are just starting to get back into the swing of actually giving us content on a regular basis. There are still some issues to work through to get the revamp working right and I serious doubt they have the time of personnel to devote to giving us another weapon to use.

And Prosser is totally correct.. PS3 is being stretched to its limits as it is without adding anything like a another couple weapons

Now that said IF they ever got around to it I'd definitely enjoy the addition of a sword/shield combo. How about a solo pistol set that included animations along the lines of some of the anime where they combine pistols with martial arts. We have several sword sets but how about a knife set... some melee stuff in close and a number of ranged attacks where you throw the knives at your opponents.

I do like the idea of the wand.. would go great with the Sorcery power set and that whip set would seriously please all the Cat Woman fan in game. Ahh well MAYBE some day.. sadly just not any time soon .
  7. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

I wish at least all weapons would have the same amount of styles. Hand Blasters and brawling are seriously lacking compare to rifles. Then again every weapon type is lacking compare to rifles.
  8. Derio 15000 Post Club

Devs would rather free up RAM for powers not weapons.
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The "time consuming" aspect I can buy. Not only are you looking at having new animations and new styles, there's also having to go back and insert the basic weapon styles for the new weapon into the leveling process. On top of that they'd have to revisit Episodes that had specific weapon styles (AF1, for example) and make sure the new weapon would be included into the mix and that it would match the existing styles available. Furthermore, there's the weapon packs that are available on the Marketplace that would have to be looked at.

All that just for one new weapon. And if it doesn't sell well? :eek: