Rage and Atomic is getting adjusted.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pitbullb3, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Schimaera Devoted Player

Well nothing wrong there. You showed two MMOs where things are evened out. But if you want to just share parse links here is another one http://parsely.io/parser/leaderboard
    First page is melee dps only. Comparing mmos isn't really the way to go if they all work differently, is it?
    • Like x 1
  2. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

I can understand nerfing tank roll... mayb with a damage % decrease for the roll.. however nerfing atomic dps should not be happening.. it is def not one of the best powers in dps... if u nerf the damage out, why isn't the power cost reduced? That seemed to be a constant.. however we are getting a nerf to 5 of our powers... it's to much...

Why hasn't mental and sorcery getting that much needed buff?

There should be some explaining in regards to nerfs.. is damage not splitting? Are there freak Crits? Some Hint to have an understanding of why!!
    • Like x 2
  3. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Games are made to mirror real life and how things function. That's all people talk about in games. The graphics are not real enough. We need a more life like experiences. That's all I here mist of the time.

A lot of older games were actually tools used to teach kids things in real life. So an LOL for a comparison is not warranted in the slightest.

The hand gun shotgun comparison.:confused:
    I guess you don't have a clue about hand guns or a shotgun. They are both short range weapons that are used within 50 meters and do not compare to a 50 caliber sniper rifle or a MK 19 which both have effective ranges of 2000 meters. Which none of these weapons ( hand gun, shotgun, 50 cal BMG & MK 19 ) compare to a M270 MLRS which has an effective range of more than 100 miles and a volley of 6 rockets can take out 1 square km ( .6 miles ).

Like a said Risk vs Reward is absurd.
    Risk vs Reward is something dreamed up by people that don't have a clue and use but but but but, what if and any other excuse to try and pew pew pew up in the tanks backside.
    • Like x 1
  4. Harlequin Devoted Player

You cannot be serious using SWTOR as an example. Two major failings:
    1. Only people who upload logs to Parsely are shown there. The population of players who actively parse on combat dummies then uploads is SMALL. Every serious number cruncher left that game before KOTFE launched with zero raid encounters.
    2. Marauder/Sentinel and Commando/Merc have been broken since ROTHC. You are also ignoring the long period of time where Sniper/Slinger reigned far above every other class/spec in that game.
    I am glad that your MMO experience is so diverse, though. Having a broad range of experiences makes for a solid foundation from which to present your argument.

edit: The biggest problem with that page is that it doesn't rank each spec/class individually. It ranks individual players. That information is completely irrelevant to ranged vs melee balance discussion.
    • Like x 1
  5. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Wait. Why is atomic getting nerfed?
  6. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

I knew Rages extra Outrage move would land it in trouble. That was just looking at the update notes from when revamp hit. Certain powersets were never ment to hit this hard thats why there bringing powers down not up. But who allowed these mistakes in the first place?
  7. Prosser Dedicated Player

Not necessarily, then whichever power set hits faster will be top of the charts. So then they will all have to hit at the same rate/speed :rolleyes:
  8. Harlequin Devoted Player

True balance will only be achieved when you can place all the powers on a see-saw and it sits level.
    • Like x 1
  9. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Lol at Harlequins joke, but lets be real this is what DCUO does. They allow this stuff to happen then players complain and its the same old song and dance all over again. Thats why I already deleted the game off my ps4 until theres another big change like we saw in August. Water is a solid power but the same can't be said with the content being released.
    • Like x 1
  10. Schimaera Devoted Player

I don't know if you're currently playing this game but the classes have changed many times since ROTHC. Besides being a fact that only people who are uploading their parses are shown there - that is indeed true - it still shows a trend in the classes performances that should not and cannot be denied. If you search for specific encounters and the parses there you also realize that the classes that perform best are unchanged.

The only really important fact regarding this specific mmo is that the devs there themselves stated that melee will and should outperform ranged classes but that the classes themselves are again split in how they play. And that DoTs are stronger than sustained dps which is stronger than pure burst - which is a logigc that I personally really like.

That being said we now have compared four MMOs if I counted correctly that basically couldn't be more different from one another. At this point we all should come to the agreement that a comparison on this level does not and neither shouldn't make sense on a basic level of understanding.

We can discuss this forever and tbh I like discussions that are constructive but to me personally it will always makes sense that max ranged dps are in a saver spot gameplay wise compared to melee dpsing. The only time this is not true in dcuo is when you look at mechanics like recently with Gentleman Ghost or the Paradox Oppressor in PW who always target the player furthest away from them. Apart from that being close to enemies is always a thing that requires more skill and awareness and such - and again this is only my opinion - should be more rewarded than being in a save distance.
    • Like x 1
  11. DanXVII Committed Player

Most people who complain about these adjustments don't care for the overall health of the game and usually just try to lobby to keep their own power broken because ego.

They spent an entire year attempting balance, it would be a complete waste to come this far and still have FotMs.
    • Like x 1
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Sabel, after just this first five sentences I see that the post will go in a direction that is neither logic or rational when it comes to discussions about DC Universe Online. By your logic it should be also plausible that Munitions should be able to solo everything by just spamming mini nuke. Cause a mini nuke will always be more powerful than a drop of water or a shield that is thrown.

So just remind me again, how did we come here? Because "here" is somewhere neither of us should be :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  13. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Because you can out dps a dps in tank roll lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. Ringz Dedicated Player

I know your more so joking, but is there a general statment anywhere? Cause we are really left in the dark on this, and this starting to remind me of first round of stats revamp on test.

Also, If anyone remebers the answer, why is melee combios and such not interupptable/blockable like they were before? If we wanna talk risk vs reward, put it back where you had to be aware of a block of a boss or getting countered etc, to justify the damage
    • Like x 1
  15. SolusPrime New Player

Hey if possible can someone link where this is said to be happening.... I play both these powers and I can understand the rage melee part being toned down, even tho I get the risk reward think it's still a bit overpowered. Altho I'm not sure if it's the combo as much as the super charge berserk maybe the real issue there.

As for atomic I completely love this power and think its in a good place dps and tank wise. To decrease the damage makes no sense to me since the only combos that do any good are it's 2 range ones. So if that's happening then they need to buff other powers to compensate.
    If some dps is getting beat by a atomic tank than that's just a bad dps ,I'm sorry but it's true. As we all know there are many bad pug dps's and that shouldn't be the fault of a powerset.
    • Like x 3
  16. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

this is turning into a wet noodle game...AGAIN...people will never stop with the...I'm not top DPS. NERF THIS POWER. used to think the devs were trying to kill this game. seems its the players doing it now. the game was NOT hard before. the game is NOT hard now. yet...the endless crys for the nerf still go on. SMH...I, as I'm sure many more are, getting close to the time to just say...ENOUGH. IM DONE!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

then theres no point to be rage and being melee b/c theres no risk vs reward anymore.

sure it was a minor tweak but thats just the start as always, especially if ppl keep getting beat by rage lmao
  18. xD25x Dedicated Player

Why tf is this happening. Atomic was perfect. Tank side hit top hard but dps was right on point. It's not broken. What's next? Gonna nerf all the combo powers? Didn't sell enough respecs to water I guess?
    • Like x 4
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

http://parsely.io/parser/stats

This is the page you should have linked. It shows that the game is actually quite balanced overall with the only real outlier being Annihilation/Watchman on the 500k dummy as they can produce pretty insane burst if they open with max Fury. Even in that circumstance, sorting by the max number puts 6 ranged or ranged/melee hybrids in the top 10.
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

imo the only thing that needed a small tweak with atomic is its healing, reason I say this is on a lvl 29 alt atomic tank I was able to heal through the open world unpaid adds that are by superman statue. I was able to take on 2 of those at LVL 29 it wasnt til the 3rd add came that my health was dipping to 50% to 35% as I was going to turn in a mission.

damage wise its not on lvl of a DPS, sure it can put up a fair amount of DPS, but even a battle support wont pass up DPS even when using trinket/supply/henchmen ect. I seen a video of a battle atomic tank and they chouldnt out DPS, sure they did decent DMG but thats about it.

as I said the healing would need a minor tweaking so like in the situation I gave above cant / shouldnt be able to happen.
    • Like x 1