Rage and Atomic is getting adjusted.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by pitbullb3, Sep 2, 2017.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

so if someone comes in and says its time to git gud. can't rely on a broken power to do all the work for you.

you're just going to have to find the right loadout.

this would be irony. no?
    • Like x 2
  2. 478874 Dedicated Player

Where was this posted? tia.
  3. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Not really as i only said the first couple days to give sorcery more time everyone threw in the towel the first day... only a few days ago did anyone back up the claim on here with numbers that sorcery was hitting low base damage you particularly never bothered showing sorc or mental numbers to back your claims

This is obviously a nerf to a power that was never over performing so no you're wrong yet again
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

and yet here we are.
    • Like x 3
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's in the test update notes that were released with new content.
    Tia?
    • Like x 1
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

I look at other MMOs and I see that Melee DPS parse higher than ranged DPS. It's not player created.
    • Like x 6
  7. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I tried to get the Devs to give rage some range love on the revamp but........ That didn't really happen.
  8. Schimaera Devoted Player

Rage is doing pretty good at range using Dreadful Blast and Bombardment. Also rage can midrange all content right now and still use Galling Eruption and Berserk with their ranged loadout.
    Unless something changed in the last few days....
    • Like x 1
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Risk vs Reward is player created and absurd.

IRL ranged always does more damage.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Prosser Dedicated Player

The way they approach melee dps in this game saddens me and is the main turn off for me when it comes to dpsing. Why oh why is only 1 power out of 15 viable at melee dps?!?!?
    • Like x 4
  11. Ringz Dedicated Player

Which is why I always been vocal in saying that the devs should also be factoring in the potential circumstances of where the powers would shine, not just the numbers itself.

But if content doesn't follow that philosophy as well, then we have what we have here.
    • Like x 3
  12. Ringz Dedicated Player

Yea, usually depending of the classes of said mmo, different circumstances would call for who would shine better. A warrior should always shine in melee single target, while a mage would shine in range multi target.

I agree, its not player created, but it really differs on how the game set those things up.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ringz Dedicated Player

Also reading it: It says " Re-balanced rage combos: outrage reduced "

Im interpreting this in two ways. Is that sentence as a category starter of "just this" combo is getting worked over, or is it seperate that both "rage combos blah blah and also outrage is getting reduced"?

Because if its just outrage, then I feel the outcry for this is an over exaggeration. As in 1 move is getting worked, not the whole power-set; to call for rage as a whole is getting nerfed thread.
    • Like x 2
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

How creative :rolleyes: It's not like I could also compare a handgun with a pump-action shotgun... Also ... comparing real life with a MMO lol.

However I believe we see each others point.
    • Like x 4
  15. Harlequin Devoted Player

That is completely false. CLICK ME

7 of the top 10 specs on that chart are ranged.

CLICK ME

This chart has ranged and melee at a 50/50 split in the top 10. But, it is Noxxic and they have been known to suck...

In WoW, encounter design determines who tops the charts for each fight. Some tiers favor melee, some favor ranged. Some favor AOE and some favor single target burn. The point is that each class/spec has their place to shine due to the design of any given piece of content. Of course, WoW is some niche, unsuccessful MMO and is nothing to use as a measuring stick for anything.
    • Like x 1
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

[IMG]

maybe range does more damage...... to one self.

meanwhile beware berserk meeleing

[IMG]
  17. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Ha! Ha! Clap Clap Clap!
    Nerf them all! 'Till everyone's hittin' 1's!
    Ha Ha Ha!
  18. Harlequin Devoted Player

Balance achieved!
    • Like x 5
  19. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I'm lookin' forward to the day when we are so far nerfed that we actually hit negative numbers.
    My Atomic toon's so nerfed that now he's Sub-Atomic.
    My Rage toon's so nerfed that he has to take Anger management classes.
    • Like x 1
  20. light FX Steadfast Player

Well what i find interesting is a lot of the feedback from the 1st two weeks was the power sets were fine. And its obvious some powers are under performing still but we see no adjustments there. Instead we see nerfs that are not needed. No baseline parsing parameters yet either but nerfs are happening :confused: I agree with charmed on this. Adjusting powers based off content performance is silly. Because some content caters to certain powersets and abilities. This stuff never seems to end. Revamp after revamp nerf after nerf and no matter what there are always issues.

U parse to test damage potential and the application in content will always be different depending on the content, player skill, and so many other uncontrolled variables. Its astonishing to me that balance is somehow based on content performance where no 2 players will be the same and no 2 runs will ever be the same. This is why parsing with parameters is needed to test. And in content the application and skill gap is what separates players from being better/worse. Really starting to question how a year was spent on this revamp and it still went live like this. This endless cycle of balance, revamps, nerfs, buffs needs to end. Enough already.
    • Like x 4