Long term Guess for new powerset and hope SPEED FORCE

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Toshknight, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Toshknight Loyal Player

i have said how much i would like to see a speed force powerset. and dont say they have lightning. cause its not the speed force. there are so many variables to how they could add speed force pro vs con, pro winning, a couple are saying we have lightning , they have ice, and water now. fire and atomic "aka" firestorm" and fire was originally meant to look like firestorm generally cause they didnt have all the Access to content and rights that they do today, they can pretty much do what ever they want now. and yes. if you pick inspired by characters while your creating a character. not counting all the new powers. if you say pick flash , , its a lightning character, if you pick fire its firestorm, or use to be i think, who knows... i cant remember.

i mainly want this cause i love the speed force in general it amuses me, im a big Green lantern , batman and flash fan, they are finally giving us the emblems and clothing/costumes that we can make our toons look like our favorite iconic characters. right now. im using quantum and because of the color my "BlackFlash Z00M" , is a exact clone of the CW zoom , and with the edition of the black flash cowl. makes it even better but thats going onto just looks but. yes some will argue that we have QUANTUM , and say that is close enough to the speed force. nope, i would be really happy if they went ahead and let us change power colours of alot of the powers , with the simple color wheel. selection , Indigo/Blue/yellow/Orange/red/pink, that would solve and give TONS of options to our characters looks and costumes powersets, but they a lot of people over the years have been asking for this and it doesn't seem like it can happen atm or they won't do it, they haven't said why, but over all

What is your choice for the next powerset they add, Speed Force, is mine of course, lets hear what you have to say, and the point isn't to say why speed force power wouldn't work in this game, cause playing the flash in legends proves it definetly could , but i just want to hear what others think and what power they want and if they would like to see speed force too , thanks for reading
    • Like x 2
  2. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

There's a lot of things that need to happen before we start talking about new powers
    • Like x 1
  4. AlphaX89 Level 30

I say the first step towards speed force powers, is letting us change the color of our speed force lightning. Another could be letting us change the color of our powers. We could have red lightning for negative speed force characters. Even gadget people could change the color of their gadgets if they wanted. Not every hero or villain has to have black/grey gadgets. Just a thought.
    • Like x 3
  5. Toshknight Loyal Player

the color change would solve alot of wants for powers and skins imo for lanterns you can change your ring / corp / construct color quanutm you can make it yellow or red like flash and reverse flash thank god now its the color of zooms blue, but still... and tons more with other powers would be amazing
    • Like x 2
  6. Toshknight Loyal Player

yea a moot statement , theres always something else to talk about. but people are always talking about new powersets
  7. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

To be fair, Kryptonian Power Set should be out well before any speedforce one. Its been requested far more and for far longer, theres more options and loadouts like the outdated one above, and as Serums is dead its the closest we could get to a Super Strength power.
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

A long term favorite which will never happen would be Plastic Man. Some ideas for this Tank power would be:

• Leg extends out to trip characters
    • Hands, shaped like cymbals stretch out and hit an NPC on each side of their head.
    • Hands change into whips and lassos.
    • Change into a ball and hurtle himself at NPCs.

Every power has their one unique ability. A visual none of the other powers come close to duplicating. His version of an AOE would be...

His feet extend outward in a big circle. Growing out of the circle are versions of himself throwing blows. These would be his Sidekicks. Only after taking so much damage would each individual Sidekick disappear. This would also leave the Tank's hands free to do other damage.
  9. ACE FREHLEY Well-Known Player

I agree with you. I am all for anything that would improve customization. I know that they have to get approval from DC to do most anything in this game, but if they could eventually allow power colour customization, I would think that it would be a huge plus/draw for this game. Here's hoping that it eventually happens.
  10. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

I've posted in other threads about changing colors of powers. Maybe with the PS3 on its way out...this may be something that is possible now. Hopefully. Beenbwanting that for ages.
    • Like x 1
  11. Toshknight Loyal Player

When you break the Kryptonian powers or a Kryptonian powerset down, what is it

1. SuperStrength
    2. Flight
    3. Lifting heavy objects
    4 heat vision/ice breath

now I name what all this stuff is already in, yes they could go deeper into it, in short.

1. Flight Tree
    has..
    A. Swoop attack "superman uses"
    B. vortex w/e where you fly in a circle "superman" uses that along with pretty much everything else in the flight tree

Iconics tree "btw recently improved another reason there won't be a Kryptonian powerset or a need for one"

1. Heat Vision
    2. Ice Breath
    3. Heavy lifting

now all this was created at launch and they had limited access to the I.P of most of the characters they have lots of access to now, but they still covered most of the Kryptonian powers, a powerset would be a waste, id much rather see a Blue lantern healing powerset, a cyborg type powerset and of course my Favorite Speed Force Powerset.
    just play Flash in legends, the mix of brawling and Martial arts along with the unique loadout they have created for him with the unique abilities, Superman in legends is nothing more than a buffed up player-created character with a Superman skin, not saying he sucks but its just nothing special
    • Like x 1
  12. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

I dont mean this in a weird way but theres absolutely no point in us discussing that side of the argument. Anyone could easily turn around and say Electricity + Superspeed tree. I have a speedster alt so theres no point even trying to say thats different. Then we'd go back and forth over and over basically just arguing semantics and finding no resolution.

Fact is its been requested far longer and theres more than 1 Kryptonian legends powers to focus on so lets not pretend the options are limited to just Supes.

Im not saying there should never be a SpeedForce power, just that it should clearly be second in line as a Kryptonian one could satisfy 2 parties; Those looking for Kryptonian Powers and Those looking for a Super Strength power.
  13. recoil Committed Player

honestly i always thought the next super power would be something more in tune with something like ghost/phantom powers. i mean between the haunt powers of mental and celestial and how many ghosts exist not just in this game but dc comics as well it would be rather expected. a speed force power set would be quite valid as there are old abilities from other powers that could be re-purposed for the power and 2 or 3 new abilities added as well. after all alot of comic book characters do use some aspect of either the speed force or it's negative counterpart.
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

even more than a "Kryptonian" powerset...shadow dark etc powers have been asked for forever
    • Like x 1
  15. Toshknight Loyal Player

ok, but you have to admit the legends character of the flash , is way more unique then the superman legends character and being the superman is able to be a player loadout and the flash cannot in anyway, also the flash is newer ill say that so that is a upside also. you would honestly rather have a kryptonian aka, what is already in the game for players , then a speedforce powerset? i just dont see in the way this game is... that the kryptonian powers would be better. we have trinkets that give us kryptonian powers as well... im am in no way a kryptonian hater, i just think, its the last thing that should be made into a powerset
  16. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Music powers can be unique.
  17. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I think Supergirl is the best representation of Kryptonians. Far better damage and variety of abilities.

Instead of Kryptonian or Speed Force power set, it would be better if Devs rather expand on Iconic and Movement powers with a separate purchase able Marketplace pack, also including additional Hold and Tap range combos for all movement modes. Dash attack and Swoop attack combos are kinda limited atm.
    • Like x 1
  18. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Again though you're only focusing on 1 Legend out of (6?) That can be used as an influence. There are powers from Atomic, Earth and Ice that I can see working with Kryptonian as well with new skins. A massive punch to the ground like localised tremor that tosses adds into the air, a superspeed flight punch that launches you straight at adds (atomic), freezing the ground below damaging adds like an AOE, Vortex Spin, which we dont have in the flight tree, being a Tank pull.

Supermans always been a cut above the rest not because of the powers he had, but because of HOW he uses them. His imagination. Kryptonian powers wouldnt just be Heat Vision/Flight etc, but imaginative uses for it.
  19. Azifer Level 30

No, that wouldn't come close to the key differences between the various lantern corps, such as the Red Lantern's plasma, and the Star Sapphires' gems. It would feel like nothing but a lazy and half thought out attempt. Each Corp deserves its own fully thought out power set.
  20. Azifer Level 30

Actually, the Kryptonians have a vast variety of powers, which you would know about if you had read Superman or Supergirl comics. Plenty enough to actually warrant their own power set. Not to mention their vast technologies.