Balance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by RLManuel, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Roocck Committed Player

Clearly these powers either need to be brought down a tab or the rest need to be boosted.... I have an Electric cr198 with 282sp and Earth with cr190 with 282sp and have beaten players with higher cr and with 320+sp....
    • Like x 2
  2. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

So you were being out dpsed by someone with 100 sp less than you before the revamp? and thought the revamp would change that? May be the issue is not the revamp here.
    • Like x 4
  3. JasonIsley Devoted Player

I read it. I just don't believe him or he's just bad at DPS.
    • Like x 2
  4. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

But the loadout that he has hits the best! ;)
    • Like x 3
  5. JasonIsley Devoted Player

If I had a dollar for every time I heard that.
    • Like x 1
  6. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

just saying...I was out DPS'ED don't mean crap. if all people are going to do is...complain there not top DPS. with out showing something to back up what there saying. well, its lame!!!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. Hempkrete Active Player

I know many awesome dds and when power is op, they will admit it with no problem, which is case now. Ego maniacs and ignorants will keep denying it for obvious reasons.
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

Its not important how good ur competitor is (loadout/cr/sp) also getting out dpsed is not important too, that can occur because of many reasons , if u were playing all these years on a competitive level with a maxed out char(cr/sp) it is important though by how much u get out dpsed, u will notice what powers are overperforming very fast.

Getting a competitive loadout is done in few minutes , maybe it will perform 5-10% worse than optimal loadout for ur power but if u get out dpsed in group content by 50%-100% u know something is fishy.
    • Like x 3
  9. Proxystar #Perception

He's here trying to provide feedback on the way he thought he should. If you want to be more helpful perhaps give him an example of how he should present his data in a way that will get attention rather than just berating him.
    • Like x 4
  10. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Saying a loadout hits the best and not providing the loadout or rotation is not really data. Isn't that the same thing that had people upset with the public test server data or lack thereof?
    • Like x 2
  11. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

They're not AoEs, which is why they don't split.

Again, for the apparently reading comprehension deficient:

Also, Electric splits exactly properly. You are referring to ARC lightning not splitting damage, which it's not supposed to, because it's not an AOE attack, its a single target attack that jumps to other targets for a single target attack, and so it doesn't split damage. This is also true of Tesla ball, which only targets one add per damage tick.

This is working as intended. Electric's AoEs split properly, but the two attacks everyone keeps talking about are NOT AoE attacks. they do one tick of damage to one add/boss at a time, as opposed to doing damage across up to 8 adds at the same time.

At this point, combined with many of your other rantings and ravings, I am thoroughly convinced that you do not have even a basic understanding of powersets, abilities and their interactions, and nobody should be listening to you about anything as far as game mechanics and combat go.
  12. Fies Committed Player

So Arc-lightning isnt better than the usual "AOEs" on multiple targets (especially regarding overall DMG/Power)?
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

Whenever a convo about balance and the power sets gets started it gets derailed by people who contribute nothing to the topic. Its gotten really old. Ive actually gone out and compared 2 power sets. Quantum and nature. Parses and in content. And pmd the data to the devs. Maybe some others should start doing this.

As for that gorilla video? Go do it people. Go do it in a raid and compare vs other power sets. Go parse it and compare against other power sets. Again ive done this.

Edit: actually never mind. Not worth it.
    • Like x 1
  14. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I think some adjustments were made with the update...hard to say but it felt a bit different.
  15. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Those three powersets need an adjust, and whoever says otherwise is not in favor of a balanced game.
    • Like x 4
  16. Ringz Dedicated Player

lol, don't spread that around. I just ran with some peeps to see if its true and its definitely not true.
  17. Zneeak Devoted Player

Nice to see that atleast someone of the "Camp Revamp" can admit it. I don't think they should tamper too much with those powers though, unless they can actually go in and do minor adjustments without severely nerfing the entire powerset. Past history tells us this has been an extremely difficult task for the devs. A minor adjustment turns out the exact opposite. I'd rather see them buffing certain abilities or overall damage of the lacking powersets to close the gap a little bit.

All these ignorant yes-men screaming for proof is getting really old aswell. The proof is out there, tons of people have noticed and spoken up about it, some people have provided some data. What abilities, what powersets, it's all out there. That's more than enough for the devs to realize and aknowledge that something is off and take a good look at it. You can't expect players to spend hours of documenting and recording, test, re-test and then repeat the same thing after the revamp has gone live prematurely, basically doing majority of the work just to get the devs to take a look at already clear issues.
    • Like x 6
  18. Ringz Dedicated Player

Im glad you said something first before I did, because its exactly what i been thinking alot around here. This whole "show proof/wheres the evidence" thing is becoming a meme around here. Same as that whole perception thing. And its getting really annoying.

I appreciate the devs for admitting they're taking their time. And also I can understand people asking for proof the first time around when things were said to be strong the FIRST DAY of revamp, and I would too to avoid the random buffs and nerfs like the past has showed. But now its getting real annoying and not helping.

Its common sense at this point. 3 powers are widely acclaim to be too strong. 2 powers are not performing hot. Now its just the folks to quit repeating the same thread every week, but they did leave electric and nature in the dust for a long time, so Im not bothered.
    • Like x 4
  19. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

OP don't worry. People denying what you're saying are just being dense.

There are clearly some powers with more damage potential that others and the only test needed is to play the game. Anyone who denies that either doesn't play much or is one of the top powers.
    • Like x 1
  20. Kai El Well-Known Player

I'm not asking for anything to be nerfed. It's no secret before this Revamp that Nature, Electric and Rage were NOT good DPS powers. Now, whenever you are in any content, you can't find yourself NOT in a raid with a Nature, Electric or Rage character. Earth was already good before Revamp but now it's up there with those three powers.

Now, I'm not a numbers guy and I don't know how to post "evidence" on the forums without being accused of blacklisting a player. Now I know what I've been seeing because I actually play the game. I'm literally writing this after a JFA run where a Nature DPS outdpsed the 2nd place DPS by 4M. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th were practically identical, and the 5th never had a chance (Mental). That's not balance to me.

It's no secret. The word is out: the top OP/FOTM powers are Nature, Electric, Earth and Rage. The bottom powers are Sorcery & Mental, with everything else pretty much in the middle. But again, I'm not asking for these powers to be nerfed. I've never asked for anything in 6 years of playing to be nerfed; for 6 years, all I have asked for is balance. This Revamp was supposed to provide that but it clearly hasn't & we still have the same issues where Scoreboard chasers will chose the "OP" powers, claiming that they're better than everyone else.

It is what it is. I've accepted that balance will never happen in this game. There's always going to be OP powers sadly, and I feel Repsec Tokens play a major part. Respec Tokens are a major seller, and with Water around the corner also, and knowing it's going to be OP out the gate... ugh. So I'm just going to play the game, be the power I want to be, be the best I can be with that power, let the SC chasers "chase" being top DPS, and the cycle will continue for whenever the next changes to the powers will inevitably happen. Or I'll simply flip one of my ALTs to one of the OPs and just deal with it.

Lastly... my solution to all of this is simply this. Balance will never be in this game. Scorecard chasers are not going anywhere. So... get rid of the Scorecard. That way - anybody can be any power they want without having to worry about their damage outperforming/underperforming someone else's damage. Sure, people will complain "But we need it to see how we are doing, who's doing their part, etc." Well... we do have a Combat log to keep check of our own production. Just saying.
    • Like x 3