Dec Team and Mepps Please Eliminate Scoreboard

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC REBIRTH, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDrone Well-Known Player

Such brilliance in this thread.

Scoreboard is bad. Get rid of scoreboard. Watch people. Guess their damage. Kick them if you think it's low.

Brilliant. You know what would happen? You'd get 5x as many people being kicked. And why? Their CR is too low...they must be doing low damage. They're (anti-FOTM)...their damage must be bad. They don't have an Aura...probably a noob...probably low damage. They're ranged...melee does more...kick him.

I have no doubt some of you actually think removing the Scoreboard would prompt better teamplayer. I'm also convinced some of you just want to hide your bad play.
    • Like x 4
  2. Web Well-Known Player

IT WAS the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way- in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

There were a king with a large jaw and a queen with a plain face, on the throne of England; there were a king with a large jaw and a queen with a fair face, on the throne of France. In both countries it was clearer than crystal to the lords of the State preserves of loaves and fishes, that things in general were settled for ever.

It was the year of Our Lord one thousand seven hundred and seventy-five. Spiritual revelations were conceded to England at that favoured period, as at this. Mrs. Southcott had recently attained her five-and-twentieth blessed birthday, of whom a prophetic private in the Life Guards had heralded the sublime appearance by announcing that arrangements were made for the swallowing up of London and Westminster. Even the ****-lane ghost had been laid only a round dozen of years, after rapping out its messages, as the spirits of this very year last past (supernaturally deficient in originality) rapped out theirs. Mere messages in the earthly order of events had lately come to the English Crown and People, from a congress of British subjects in America: which, strange to relate, have proved more important to the human race than any communications yet received through any of the chickens of the ****-lane brood.

I wanted to respond to this thread by typing a novel.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

With 3 hour cool down on kicks, I don't think so, but yay for being hyperbolic ;)
    • Like x 3
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

no but it would cut back on such heavy focus of the scoreboard. I was running SJ and WC, and literally saw the other DPS stop after each set of adds for a few sec. So that tells me he brought board up see how close he was to top DPS lol

its ppl like that, that ruin content.
    • Like x 1
  5. Web Well-Known Player

People should only ever be staring at Loot drop windows.

Decisions, decisions.
    • Like x 2
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

but most DPS dont and thats the problem
  7. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

Lol...I found it humorous. But not for the reason you want.

Only one person liked it. Hell, I'm probably the 2nd person to even read it. But, I stopped at the 2nd sentence. It bored me and added nothing.
    • Like x 2
  8. Web Well-Known Player

But that one person is The Forum.

And since you edited your post,

It was NOT meant to be read, it was a joke.

I'm cracking up though you actually starting reading it and didn't recognize it was from "A Tale of Two Cities".
    • Like x 2
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

More easy a donkey to fly.
  10. Dene Devoted Player

[IMG]
  11. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

[IMG]
  12. Dene Devoted Player

*bows head in shame* BUT I FIXED IT lol
    • Like x 1
  13. Dene Devoted Player

people said the same about a LOT of things in this game.. Green Aura anyone ? lol
  14. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Moar better now!
    [IMG]
  15. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Never played city of heros but i keep hearing about how it was the best super hero mmo ever made and what i find interesting is coh never had a scoreboard yet it still managed to be great so why does dcuo need a scoreboard if it does more harm than good and pits players on the same team against each other instead of working as a team?
  16. Web Well-Known Player

CoH was the best.

No scoreboard.

You could tell what people were doing through visual clues only.

It was all about complete or fail in that game,

I played for years and don't remember anyone ever talking about who DPS'd more than anyone.

That type of thing just didn't matter in the game.

This is actually my first MMO experience with a scoreboard.

I played one game where people would parse, but that was individual even though it gave group stats.
  17. Wallachia Devoted Player

Hi, how are you? Remember when they said that about lantern emblems? Yeah.
  18. Roocck Committed Player

Remove the kick option since some players are trying to make the community work together might as well do it right. I mean since the scoreboard is not important and doesn't matter what type of dps, healing or power players put out than there is no need for kicking anyone...;)
    • Like x 1
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

I guess u werent around when the kick got removed for that 1 weekend? Or maybe ya were. But that was a nightmare. People holding raids hostage that weekend.

Also its amazing to me people dont see the multiple issues that would be caused by removing the scorecard. Its like no one on these forums ever learns anything. Every time we ask for something we never get 100% what we asked for. There always ends up being a tweak to the request and then most dislike it. This has happened so many times. And as usual people have their mind made up about something and absolutely refuse to see the other side of it or think about the big picture.
    • Like x 4
  20. Dene Devoted Player

i'm not sure if it was the same time but i remember in t4 days.. doing vengeance and ppl threatened ninja looting and kick wouldn't work etc - was a nightmare
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.