Stop Just Stop

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Charmed Legacy Dedicated Player

Good Lord at all the conspiracy theories in this thread...I have no idea why people feel the need to attack testers and my group of friends all because they weren't able to recreate the same results. Just because people don't want to be badgered for the "OP loadout" doesn't mean they used an exploit or cheese..It means they have a life and don't want to be harassed every 5 seconds about stuff that could be figured out on your own.

The real problem for the community (who didn't test) is the lack of power back on the sparing targets. So instead of grabbing the pitchforks and torches and going after testers, you grab them and go after the dev's for power back on the sparring targets. I mean trolls aren't at everyone's disposal on live server like we had on test server. I get that makes it hard to find proper loadouts and rotations and test them. Instead of asking for the loadout to be handed to you, ask for the power back on the targets. This will help you to figure it out on your own and test/parse different things.
    • Like x 1
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

OP powers at the moment: Light, Nature and Earth.

Powers who need some love: Quantum, Sorcery, Munitions hybrid and Gadgets.

Weapons Expert needs some love too.

Suggestion:

- The amount of SP required for Might/Power should be increased to 275 because if you have 260 SP and the another player have 330 SP if both are PFTT they will take the same damage and this is wrong if SP really matters.

And the sparring targets MUST give power back.
    • Like x 1
  3. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

Just curious maybe I'm missing something but when did LIGHT become OP? NATURE and EARTH are definite stand out powers. I main LIGHT and am still adjusting but OP is not what I would call it but this could be a fault in my approach?
  4. monaka Well-Known Player

Thing is that people on these forums will say anything mostly nonsense and that's just how these forumites roll.
    • Like x 1
  5. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Light is not OP. Light does good DPS but takes roughly 3 times as much power as Earth and Nature to do damage even close to Earth and Nature.
    • Like x 4
  6. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

That has been my experience as well just threw me off a bit to see LIGHT in that OP group LOL.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

So I wouldn't really call Light OP. It really does shine when there are more than three adds both from range and from melee (especially if you can get into chainsaw and hit all adds together) I will say that Rage from melee alone will typically top HL but that's really just in melee. Light is in a good place right now but wouldn't call it OP, in fact I'd say it's right where it was pre GU73 if you know how to play it.

Earth really is good, but that's simply Jackhammer which I believe Mepps said they would take a look. I was joking with some players I know while playing since it seemed that's about all they do ALL THE TIME .

Nature I don't know, I've beaten some with Light and many with Electric, but they may just be bad players. I will say I've seen some info recently with Gadgets that tells me it's not a bad power. Just not being played to it's fullest right now.
  8. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Ugh not another freak!
  9. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

I guess there is just a difference in opinion for OP, to me its the gap in damage, that regardless of what you do spec wise, mod wise, and what you are putting on the loadout you just cant seem to keep up. The only time I ever felt that way was with electric PRE-REVAMP. Always there are powers in the top, the only power that I can say I struggled with to be relevant was electric pre-revamp never ran nature. But then everyone knew those powers struggled. Now I believe it truly is a closer level of play than before just needs some tweaks as expected. The thing is before you ran through a tutorial with one power level 1-30 and learned the power, now people just want to be good because they pick a power. I feel like I had to re-learn all the powerset that I play with, because it truly is different. Revamp hasn't been out long enough to know everything.
    • Like x 1
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Unfortunately, I feel they gave up on healers and trollers for battle roles. Atomic, earth, and munitions are the only powers able to easily run this way. The power costs for tanks is a bit ridiculous and has become the easiest role to play.

Both healers and trollers power costs needs reduced to the same levels as tanks. If we only need to heal when people get hurt now, or reactionary healing, then why not lower the power costs so a battle loadout is possible. Same goes for trolling. Not to cry about it, but to those healers and trolls that enjoy duel roles, it is extremely unfair.
  11. Mazahs Loyal Player

I don't fully buy the whole powers are closer argument yet. IN AM days, you could go in and do 3-4 million (just using examples) more than next dps in an alert. But you were also topping out doing something like 12 million damage vs #2 being at 8-9,000,000

Today you can run the alerts and top dps may be 2,500,000 and have #2 dps be 1,700,000 (Before you all crucify my numbers please understand these are just basic numbers) Here's the catch though Pre revamp if you beat the next guy by 4 million using the numbers for example you actually did 25% more damage...while today if you beat the 800k you are actually doing 32% more damage then them. So did they actually get that much closer or did we swap top end powers and just nerf the numbers so they appear smaller? To me 800k is a MUCH smaller number to see vs 3-4 million, but the truth is the gap is larger.

Now this is just an example a few in game buddies were discussing yesterday. What we all agreed on is that you need to rethink how you look at the SB. If you are playing someone and come in 100k or so then it's then the difference is small +/- 200K is a great loadout rotation vs good 3-400k is not so good and 500k+/- is a problem because now your getting blown out.

This is just an opinion, but one shared by more than just a few. As a final note...In SJ/WC if I'm playing against a good Earth player on my Light toon (which is my main) I will usually stay withing 300k +/- Yet when I'm on Shaz (my electric toon) vs SAME EXACT PLAYER that changes from a minus 2-300K and I will usually beat them by 2-300K. So you tell me...are they really balanced more?
    • Like x 2
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I said this in another thread. Balance right now is smoke and mirrors. The percentage players are getting beat by is higher. Scaling down damage don't equal balance
    • Like x 4
  13. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

Balanced the honest answer is no but better than it was as far as how much more you are being out damaged I believe so, Just a few adjustments and tweaks to powers needed, all in all there just weren't enough players going to bat for there powersets, that they were fully acquainted with. Lots of testers did what they were asked tested every power in certain situations. Problem was they were learning the power as well. I only tested powers I play with left me with no real comparisons except before and now comparisons. My fault I know, but some things get lost in translation when you are new to a power and just jump in it. I'm not bashing testers either they did their jobs . I see some guys telling the testers they screwed us , I don't believe that at all. I hadn't ever been on test until this revamp but I was so concerned that I found away. People feeling that the game lost its way should have done the same. SO THANK YOU TESTERS.Now the DEVS have to finish theirs.The numbers were definitely lowered so that alone is something the players need to adjust to. As far as the electric toon doing better dps well I can't bring myself to complain about that because I experienced that the opposite way pre-revamp. The thing is the DEVS are really quiet that usually means something big is coming, and not necessarily something we will like.
    • Like x 2
  14. LePurr New Player

Were you.....rapping?! o_O
  15. Rockdaddy099 Level 30

16. Gimpy Loyal Player

Proxy,

there isn't a "strictly PFTT" LO that will give consistent damage period.

There are powers that just flat out miss ( oblivion, gravity bomb, singularity are at the forefront) or if a hit is registered there is 0 damage.

AW will sometimes knock the NPCs in front of you completely out of range and not register damage.

Quantum has been given 1, one, combo power, which is a single target melee attack that is basically useless because it doesn't actually drag the target towards you unless you're already in it's face.

There's a problem with building up SC and there is only 1 SCG option, using weapons works faster sure, but I want to be strictly PFTT and only use weapons for interrupts, block breakers and such ( since there are none within the choice of powers).

There are other issues with it as well.

But just go try doing this PLEASE, pick any LO, use either or both PI or none at all, use that LO and go into content with a "plan" of how you wish to use that LO and take note of what happens,

then rerun the exact same group and content with that same LO and play "whack a timer" where you just hit the 1st power that pops it's head up ready for casting with no rhyme or reason or logic,

just random mashing of buttons,

then come back to the forums and give me your "perception".

If at any time a person needs to have a controller (or 2) giving them "extra power" and "weapon buffs" while testing a rotaion/LO on the dummies to "prove" a power is "balanced" and "working as intended" ...........................................:rolleyes:
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The problem with some testers are they think they are the greatest at each power set. If a player is seeing a problem in thst tester head It's that player not the power. Sorcery is bad compared to other powers. Most figured thst out in one day, but the testers blamed the players, devs seen that and said players had a lack of skill, now we have to wait even longer for a hotfix. Looking the population I think It's safe to say the revamp was a waste. It didn't bring nothing to game. The game is either the same or lower in population. Destiny 2 is right around the corner, and the population will get worse. Should have just finished balancing powers and rolled back u47, not change the entire fame
  18. Schimaera Devoted Player

Gadgets is fine where it is.

Why is Hard Light OP? Did I miss something with Lightweigt and Weaponization again? ^^ Or is it only OP with polarized enemies or telekinesis (again)? One has to ask! :)

Might/Power should stay where it is. There are still enough people under 236 Skill Points. And why should I lose damage when I melee because I'd like to spend more in health? People always forget how helpful health is even for DPS. In League runs I can ignore several mechanics because I know the healer and because I can survive the big hits without blocking - health helps :)

Sparring targets should give power plus the controller attack buff though.

I go even further and suggest the following changes:

- Sparring targets give power back
    - Dispenser in your lair can redeem two trinkes that can be used on your base-sparring target:
    - Set Health to XYZ amount
    - Add precision/weapon buff of controllers while attacking the sparring target (or reduce their specific resistances accordingly)

Tests would be more detailed and realistic if we could test our loadouts in a raid-esque environment.
    • Like x 2
  19. spack2k Steadfast Player

ur not playing gadget right if u think its not in a good spot and needs some love
  20. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Sarcasm never does well in Forums; believe me I know. lol Someone had invented a "Sarc" symbol like the "@" symbol; but it never took off. Too bad.