Stop Just Stop

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrappyHeals, Aug 6, 2017.

1. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Every time i come to the forums i see people saying this is op or that is op....First it was Rage, then Earth, then Elec, then Nature, the Gadgets, then iconic powers.. When is this going to stop and when are people going to realize that you can do well with a large number of powers. Give it time and figure it out or let others figure it out and if your power is truly on the low end i'm sure it will be adjusted after they are positive it needs a adjustment.

Those powers listed above aren't the only good powers and i'm not gonna mention the others cause you can figure it out for yourselves but looking at that list thats 5 powers that all do well, thats way better then AM's when only 2 powers were good, but if people keep complaining about powers that are fine and one gets knocked down now instead of having those 5 powers it becomes 4. Then people will still complain and that number will get even smaller. Then people will find out what good with other powers and the complaints on them will start rolling in and cause everyone complained about the other powers being to good now the new stuff that was discovered is better then the other things cause it all took a nerf cause of people complaining just cause they don't know how to use something or they got beat by someone else. Then we have so many nerfed powers and instead of having 6-7 good powers we find ourselves back at the there is only 2 good power meta like we had before.

Chill out people, go play the game and learn all the little tricks with your power instead of coming here claiming a new power is op every few days.
    • Like x 33
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Nature roar is broken, gadget have 3 300 burst powers, and electric have 2 powers not splitting. Those are just the powers I've tested and I'm sure there's more. Gadgets not broken, but nature and electric is. If we are going to count broken mechanics as "2 good powers" well we are right back at pre-revamp. And just fyi, those powers stayed broken because of revamp, so saying we only had 2 good powers(which isn't true anyway) is like putting the chicken before the egg. Before revamp it was only 3 bad powers, 2 broken powers, and the rest was pretty much balanced. The revamp was the reason it was so many balance issues for so long with the 2 broken powers
    • Like x 6
  3. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Idk man..I think mental needs a buff. (Never thought I'd be saying those words just a month ago)
    • Like x 10
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I've reported roar and hopefully its fixed soon so i can't argue there, and sure gadgets is good midrange but its not over the top good and many other powers can do just as well. Another thing gadgets is really only good melee and midrange it kinda stinks from range. Now Elec sure it has 2 powers that don't split but its only good when theres 4 things and only noticeably better when theres 6 or more things, also its not to hot on single target so theres a good trade off. And even with arch and tesla like they are elec still gets beat by other powers so its not overly good what so ever.

And are you telling me only nature and elec are the only good powers now lol!! And during AM's there really was only 2 top tier powers maybe 3 but i'd go with 2 now there are many. Tell me again why everyone was mental and ice......
    • Like x 4
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I agree mental needs some love!!!
    • Like x 3
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I said if we are counting broken mechanics as good powers we still have 2. Everyone on villain was ice, gadgets, and mental. Gadgets is good too. It was only that way because of revamp.if the last 4 powers were balanced, we would have been in a good place.
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Mental and sorcery need work
    • Like x 9
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Does anyone else think munitions hybrid could also use a little love? Overall though balance is way better than it was pre 73. I doubt anyone could dispute that.
    • Like x 3
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Crappy, man you need to take off your Rose Tinted Glasses and realize the truth.

The Testers Didn't test out anything properly, what on earth are you guys doing on there? Powersets Like Electricity are OP while others like Quantum and Mental are complete Trash.

And then there's PVP, ya'll left that completely broken too...

This revamp is such a big failure, you had one job Crappy and that was to ensure balance; but with Electricity and Jackhammer being OP you clearly didn't do your job...
    You and everyone else need to stop testing while your ahead, so something like this horrible revamp never happens again..............
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Elec isn't broken its always worked that way and can't be changed cause it would ruin the powers. Arch would no longer be able to bounce from thing to thing if they were to try and make it not split cause of the way it replicates a new version every time it archs and that would kill the uniqueness of it. It has a fair trade off though, good on 4 plus things not so good on 3 and single so it evens out. You have to look at the big picture you can't just say well this doesn't split so the elec is op cause its def not, sure its a good power but not op.

Gadgets was only good cause of bot clipping once that went away gadgets wasn't to hot and thats why i kinda said 3 in my next post but really it was ice and mental out front.
    • Like x 2
  11. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Sorcery is still fundamentally flawed. Why they think it's ok to have 3 powers[including the aoe spammer] to be able to detonate on allies and give 0 damage is beyond me. If you play with all 3 you can do decent damage up until an ally npc or anything gets in front of you. If the tank turns around, blocked damage...
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

That's why sorcery melee is really good because you can use them. Since I figured out a good melee loadout I've been keeping up and sometimes beaten others. I haven't tried it in raids, because I've been going in as a healer and I don't replay, maybe I will get the chance this thursday
  13. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I complained about Mental being weak from Day 1; until the end of Test. It plays better; but DPS damage is quite poor. This is not on the Testers. DCUO was gonna do, what DCUO was gonna due. We warned them.
    • Like x 9
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I was joking around in my post, hence the Kappa Image.

I had literally no idea how mental played on the revamp so I stayed away from it.
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Word.
    • Like x 1
  16. PerfectLegend Dedicated Player

From what I read, Electric's two powers not splitting is intended. Otherwise, the damage it would do would lack, especially during single target.

Yelling for nerfs without understanding powers will cause this to turn into another Pre-Revamp Nature/Electric fiasco.

I think we all need to be VERY careful on what nerfs we're requesting, especially when absolutely no one is providing solid evidence. Many things are at play here, skill, stat points, mods, etc., Rotations may not be great, or more.
    • Like x 6
  17. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Wait. You think people on these forums are not going to complain and make excuses?

My response:

[IMG]

For real though I've been saying it for weeks. People blame the game/powers/anything they can when they don't get their way. Just like racing a corvette against a pinto. They'd blame the car if they got beat. Welcome to the new era where kids cannot take a loss without crying about it. Even if that loss is in TEAM content. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  18. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

People keep putting on blinders and saying that the powers are balanced when they definitely are not. Earth and Nature are in a totally different league on the DPS side...Keep telling yourself there's balance, we're not buying it.
    • Like x 1
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Another thing I see so many people complain about things like healing tanking and stuff in general but then when myself or someone I know use it the things work just fine. People complain about hots for healers being terrible but I think they are just fine. People just have to get used to how things are now, this is not over powered CR scaling healing and you don't spam heal anymore like so many are used to. If you only heal when people need a heal you will be fine on power and if you use the correct heals for that situation you can heal just fine.

People said brick tanking sucked cause brick dies a lot. Well we run elite with a earth tank and brick hardly ever dies and on top of that I rarely have to even heal the tank while he's using brick. We've had runs where brick lived the entire time. It all comes down to if you are using things correctly
    • Like x 7
  20. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So only earth and nature....what happened to rage and elec and whatever other powers ppl have been complaining about lol!
    • Like x 3