Mepps.. Please remove relevancy windows

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC REBIRTH, Aug 2, 2017.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Since we are sort of on the subject... Seemed like a good opportunity to bring back up an idea I posted a while ago on here. How about we reexamine the rewards we are getting from the Vault and the Lock boxes. IF you have been around long enough you know that at one point the vault didn't even reward that single mark that it does now. That feature was added later and was set up so that the game could tell if you were under level 30 and you did not get the mark until after obtaining that level.

So how about we use that same tracking set up 9for lack of a better term) and at CR 166 the vault and Lock box stop giving out a mark and start issuing us 1 ancient coin? then switch to one war bond when that same player hits CR 186. In other words.. give us the type of currency we actually need.

Now ONE coin or bond a day is NOT going to allow any player to quickly and easily obtain enough to rush out and buy a bunch of the best armor without ever touching the content designed for those levels.. My God .. if a guy did the vault run every single day for a month at CR 166 he'd have 30 coins.. that's not even enough to buy one ring let alone a full set of gear.
    • Like x 1
  2. LT Schmitt Committed Player

What about expanding it some more. for example AFIII windows closes @ 198 why not leave it open for the full age of justice? lets start off small first.
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Time Capsules gear already does this.
    • Like x 5
  4. krytine Loyal Player

Mepps how about an alt reward box. One that depending your cr relavancy you could get a move, ancient coin, a war bond and a fragment for the special daily events or raids pick like 1 at each tier to get the extra stuff and rotate it daily and weekly
    • Like x 1
  5. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Mepps said:
    “The time thing is a fine idea, but one I suspect wouldn't really solve the problem for you. I think you'd be back here requesting the time limiter to be raised, or you'd be back here upset that you didn't get any marks out of end-game content after you ran a bunch of old stuff. And we'd still have the problem where someone could fully level from level 30 to AFIII by playing, if they chose, the very first T1 raid and nothing else.”

BINGO.

With the Time Capsule armor, it is possible to advance to top tier without ever going in any raid whatsoever.
    • Like x 1
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

just curious.

I read in the GU notes, trinket slot 3&4 no longer require payment to open them.

1) Do you see more characters using trinkets now because of this?
    I always thought that adding backup/henchmen & accomplice/sidekick made for balancing content for those that have it and for those that do not have it, a more complicated task than had those trinkets never been introduced. Then they added league/society proficiencies to boost stats, mods to boost stats, soders... meh.

2) Base/Lair generator still needs power and that is still payed with marks and cash, yes?
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nowhere near as fast as buying vendor gear to raise your cr. The way variable unattuned gear works, you get very small boosts as you keep opening boxes. Then there's the issue of getting the three rarest pieces, head/back/chest. Without those you get stuck moving up your cr with time capsule/event gear. Vendor gear on the other hand supplemented with drops will move you up the ladder very quickly.
  8. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

Right, but one generates revenue, and one doesn't. Guess which one the development team is more inclined to keep in place...
    • Like x 3
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No, it wouldn't. Nobody has actually done that, ever. What most people do is actually use a combination of drop gear and vendor pieces to nudge their cr up THEN add time capsule gear alone. The average player does not have enough in-game cash to buy the high number of pieces needed to get their cr up THAT fast....especially when you account for the three rare pieces Head/Back/Chest (with two of those pieces carrying the most cr weight). And very few people are opening up their wallets to buy that many stabilizers to get the amount of gear necessary to climb the cr ladder with time capsule gear alone. But on the off chance that some one did that, it would still benefit the company as well as the player. A flood of marks with little limits only benefits the players, particularly the ones that don't want to part with money OR spend a certain amount of time playing (especially in the end game region).
  10. BumblingB I got better.

And you assume dropped gear isn't enough to pass that threshold. Honestly tc gear ruins progression.
    • Like x 3
  11. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

I just started to play LIVE again since episode 25(but i was on the test server since November)You should be able to receive Ancient Coins for the new episodes alongside the new currency.. The vendor prices wayyyyyy too high
  12. Frank Zarjaz Committed Player

So to solve this minor problem it's preferred not to have players play at all. That's a little bit scorched earth.
    Isn't players not playing the bigger problem? (An issue created by relevancy).

This week I decided to play through some of the Gotham content. Iceberg Lounge, Wayne Manor and the like.
    While I had fun going through them once more, it didn't feel right getting nothing for it, and there was no incentive to play them again.
    There's tons of content just sitting there that people aren't playing thanks to relevancy.

As a casual player more interested in collecting styles than minor stat increases, my "progress" is made at the style vendor.
    Being casual, my progress is at a snails pace in current content. Out of relevancy there's no progress at all.
    • Like x 6
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

tbh the current system is fine, we just need more things to spend MoV on like the rare style vendor, styles from cross faction, vendor 00, niknak vendor. Hell add a brand new vendor with brand new styles you guys pump out every month.

every month there is styles tossed in there that go for 5-10 MoV, no feats attached, or if you wanna / must add feats only make them title feats as its mainly about the styles not the feats.

this is another way to implement something for legendary as well, every month when new styles are added there is 1-2 extra style that is also added but is only for legendary members only.

think about it ;)
  14. Crimson Crossfyre Well-Known Player

Mepps

First, the existence of Time Capsules renders this particular argument moot. A player can buy a character up to CR 100 and then proceed to purchase Stabilizers to open enough Time Capsules all the way up to having CR 172 gear without ever completing a single instance or open world mission. The only thing required is having enough real world money to spend in the Marketplace.

However, here are a few different ideas that would be a change that players wanting CR Relevancy removed would be able to live with but would still ensure that players would be encouraged to progress through all of the content of every tier.

1. CR relevancy would be changed to a sliding scale on the number of MOV that would be rewarded from each boss mob in a raid instead of no MOV at all. A Tier 8 character would only earn 1 MOV from each boss in a T1 raid while a Tier 5 character might earn 2 MOV from each.

2. A CR Timer would be added so that CR relevancy not apply the first time a character runs through any instance for the week but would be applied to every subsequent entrance into a particular out of relevancy instance. This timer would NOT be reset with replays.

3. Instead of attempting a timer for the number of MOV that could be spent by a player, have a system of diminishing returns for the number of MOV that could be earned in a week from running any instances outside of one's CR Relevancy.

4. Introduce a "Sidekick" mechanic that would allow a high level CR character to be linked with a character whose CR is relevant to the instance being run to be eligible to earn the normal MOV rewards for the instance.

Ultimately, it is important to understand the motivations and reasons of the players requesting that CR relevancy be removed or at least altered to allow more opportunities to earn MOV in a play session. Few players, if any, are looking for an easy button that would allow them to run a T1 raid over and over to progress through the Tiers. (The easy button already exists with Time Capsules) Even with no CR relevancy, the return on time spent is not worth it. Nor are most players looking to use solo challenges as the sole means to earn the MOV needed to purchase gear from vendors as once again the time spent on task is not worth the reward.

Instead, players want to be able to earn MOV from a greater variety of tasks to fill in the gaps not being met by the current system. It could be a need to have enough MOV to buy that weapon from the vendor today instead of next week, or to have enough MOV to purchase mod removal tools, or to buy that one last piece of style gear costing 70 MOV to complete a feat or just a costume design. The current CR Relevancy makes players more miserly with their MOV in a way that is more detrimental to game play and frustrating rather than being a system that encourages them to stick to running the "most challenging" content available.

EQ2 has a system that allows a player to set a character's level to any level the player wants to with in turn allows the player to earn more experience and better rewards from lower level content (albeit at a modified rate for the experience) and it does nothing to cheapen level gains or reduce player interest in running through the highest level content available. Why would adjusting or even eliminating CR Relevancy have such a different impact in DCUO?
    • Like x 1
  15. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Here's my stance: raise the AFIII to 203. Do that, and I'll be willing to run newer players through the raids, training them as I go. Plus it will help replace the spot Paradox Wave took each week for marks. Keep it at 198, and all my 199+ characters will never run it again, and all the newer players are SOL.
  16. Mizz iZ Well-Known Player

Buy fragments and open Time-Capsules. There are 50 point feats just waiting to be gained. AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME! LOL......Isn't that awesome?!o_O
  17. Crn Well-Known Player

Let's be honest Ted, you all stopped giving a damn long time ago.
  18. Derio 15000 Post Club

Relevancy window theory is flawed. But it wont be removed because they want you to gear up through TC and skip to 100CR boosts. Skip to 200CR boost( coming Soon).

So this whole misconception of relevancy windows being needed is only there to encourage new players to level up via other means, and by that being more profitable means for DBG.
    • Like x 1