Countdown to Water Powers: Week Six! (Updated!)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The UI portion of the style tab for materials lets you specify which three materials you want to use - in case you have more than three. From there, those three options are available on each style slot, so you can mix and match across your whole outfit.

Edit: Yes, it is a performance limitation.
    • Like x 2
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Haasts would love those wings, but no chance of her ever getting them :(
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

WEEK TWO: ARCANE WATER!

The second week's activities kick off July 31, 2017. (Remember, all previous week's gifts and rewards are claimable through Water's launch on August 30.)

[IMG]

Gift: Aquaman Beach Towel

You know you want one. There's little as perfect and fitting in this world and this summer than a green beach towel with that gold Aquaman emblem, so we have one for everyone's base. This towel will definitely complement any of the other iconic towels released with this year's summer event. Unite the towels and you almost have the Just-Lounge League. ... I will show myself out. All players can claim this gift.

[IMG]

Sale: 50% Off Summer Sale

The summer sale is back! Most items are up to 50% off in the in-game Marketplace, including Replay Badges! The sale begins with daily server restarts on July 31, 2017, and ends on August 6, 2017, at 11:59 PM PT. Stock up on all the things! Excludes Power Respec Tokens and Stabilizers.

[IMG]
    Member Gift: Arcane Time Capsule

It's a thing around here. Members get more. For week two, members can open an Arcane Time Capsule for FREE! Look for it in the marketplace Redeem/Claim window.
    • Like x 5
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Thanks or the sale! You can keep the fish towel though.
    (kidding)
    • Like x 1
  5. TestReporter Loyal Player

One capsule? (Not complaining, just asking.)
  6. The Crysalid Active Player

It's a thing around here. Members get more. For week two, members can open an Enchanted Time Capsule for FREE! Look for it in the marketplace Redeem/Claim window. ;)
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Confirmed Next Capsules are called Enchanted Time Capsules :D
    • Like x 2
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, every character can get the tatty fishy-smelling towel, but can only get one Poster per account? o_O
    And it's one Enchanted Time Crapsule per account?
    • Like x 1
  9. Danja9 Active Player

We pay alot of money to be overpowered for a short period of time only to be nerfed be dcuo so we can spend more money to be overpowered. I work so hard getting gears to beat lower level content so i can go back and beat it easier but not now dc wanna make it like my hard wrk was ****. Fix ur game dc or you will lose players.
    • Like x 5
  10. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Is it one time capsule per account or is it per character ? One time capsule per account isn't a big deal.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, they did fix it: gear means **** now, it's about this little thing so many have been neglecting called SKILL and Status Points
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Yay, summer sale!!!

I also love the Aquaman towel - I already have the perfect spot for it with the other three! I was kinda wondering why Batman had a towel, but not Aquaman. We all know he hates the sun.
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Will the summer sale be extended to the loyalty vendor, or will the PS and Xbox subscribers not be getting the discount on purchases with their loyalty points, again.
  14. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Cool Sumer sale thank you DCUO !!!!!
  15. rimvader Well-Known Player

SKILL, like when I'm a Fire Tank (230sp) in open world pvp and troll 5 Dps until they see my health bar bare moves. Yet it took 30+min in a T4 raid with 4, 190+Cr players. If the access to higher levels and gear was FREE*, we would be less salty. We wanted our Stats to count for more, but not at the cost of Gear Combat Rating.

Lower tier raids now
    • Like x 1
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The Combat Rating (and the resulting reliance) was seriously out of whack, hence the, ironically named (for some), Stats Revamp
  17. Thunderpanda New Player

Please stop spreading misinformation. You can see in general chat that many people have problems with this revamp. This is not a land of magical unicorns where everyone is happy with this patch. They did some good things, but they also ruined several other things. For example, no game has a level 100 player have issues with low level content. EQ 2 gives the option to be clamped to low level content. There is no excuse for this game not having the same option. The mechanics are there as events have shown.
    • Like x 1
  18. Thunderpanda New Player

So what it seems you are stating is that everyone should go free to play. Since gear and time does not matter anymore. Skill is always important regardless of the game.

19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Didn't say that all, back when CR was 'king', any talk about skill or SP was greeted with derision, and now that CR has lost it's inflated importance, those who neglected one or both are crying foul
  20. Thunderpanda New Player

I agree with you here, but properly tuning the game has been needed for years. This has not been tuned properly. This seems like very little internal testing was done as was done in the past.
    • Like x 1