Random Pics plz keep clean to keep it going

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Drathmor, May 1, 2013.

1. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, most people don't realise that 'orange' is the group name, like 'apple', and just use it as a generic 'catch-all'
  3. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

4. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Is that the OBSG or Reboot-to-the-head BSG? Impressive either way
  6. DCUO Post Loyal Player

7. ExobyteBurt Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Something seems 'false' about that first clip...
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^ I agree. Like any DCUO player would have enough money to buy that truck.

Seriously, though, it's two seconds. That's more than enough time for anything to look like it's hovering.
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, it turned from side to side, and then moved forward out of sight without moving it's wings!
    Not only that, but look at the top of the screen when it disappears
  12. PsianideUK Well-Known Player

The bird's wings are moving in sync with the camera's frames-per-second, which is apparently 20fps. This gives the illusion of the bird hovering with it's wings fixed in place. Also, as the bird passes to the right, it's wing tip moves out of frame to the bottom of the screen, but again, because the wings are beating in time to the shutter speed, the image of the wing tip is instead captured onto the next subsequent frame, which places it at the top of the image.
    • Like x 2
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Nice explanation, but wrong
  14. Psianide Active Player

You really are a piece of work.

Theres the original video with the explanation of what's going on. But having just completed a media diploma I knew anyway.

Believe it or not, I don't give a rat's crack.

/Sigh
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

What explanation? The subtitles? o_O
    If you paid for your diploma, you should get a refund
  16. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Or there could be two birds? *shrug*
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

It's a Hulkamania bird... [IMG] and yeah, it's float'n while flex'n them wings. ;):p
    yeah, having watched gate camera footage to see a license plate because the driver hit the gate in my last neighborhood as the tech HOA dude, the frames per second, Shirley, gives a specific outcome. The rate of wing flapping changed when it hovered and saw a reflection? Then saw the other bird which is on top of the camera, come into view at the top of the screen as it took off?
  18. Psianide Active Player

The explanation from the guy that recorded the footage, and many people in the comments.
    Regardless of that it's simple knowledge of of how cameras work that tells anyone with half a brain what's going on. Apparently you have less than half a brain, seeing as you're unable to grasp a simple piece of science/technology, or even read text on a YouTube page.
    Would pictures be easier to follow? Perhaps a link to a video explanation? I doubt it.
    I'm now going to add your arrogant self to ignore, at least I won't have to see your idiotic 'LOOK AT ME!' special snowflake bold orange text any more.
  19. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Some new, and probably very expensive, statues at Comic-Con (No idea on price.)

[IMG]

[IMG]

This last one...please...Style for Halloween!!!!!....PLEASE!!!!...

[IMG]
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You may claim to know about video, but you clearly don't know how birds work