Final Straw

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by The Anxient, May 31, 2017.

1. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agree on every point. I have take multiple breaks myself, but I'm just not ready to throw in the towel just yet. They have until Destiny 2 releases, or close. My kid and some friends are looking forward to building a league there. Depending on how things go this summer. I may follow. My league died over the last two years. A friend I play with and myself are all that's left. Joining a new league is a job itself, or should I say, finding a new league is a job itself.

I've seen so many great players come and go over my years here. It's sad to see how the devs continue to build out the game towards new players. Those of us that were here supporting the game with our time, money, and knowledge are being left in the dust.

Good luck man. You'll probably be happier in the end. I feel some of us Vet's are waiting for the glory years to return and that feeling of excitement of logging in everyday we miss is gone.
    • Like x 5
  2. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

I understand your feelings. My Sub would have ended in a week, if I hadn't purchased a 1/2 off one last year.
    I hate to give it back, so I'll take a back seat at this point and watch the carnage. I'm not about to waste a lot of time for such little reward.
    • Like x 1
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Agree on every point and i'll be out of here myself When D2 hits but for my remaining time will be spending zero money on this game and letting my sub drop.

I have no clue how they could take such a amazing game and turn it into what we have today......:(
    • Like x 3
  4. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

The accuracy of this thread is amazing but very scary. I feel for the sake of the game. And actually, I'm with you. Exact same complaints plus PvP. I'm searching for a new game right now and if I find a game before June 8th then DC will be cancelled for me.
  5. FiressDraygen Well-Known Player

Looks like we are ALL in agreement on this topic. All the orginal Dedicated players will be gone if things aren't done SOON. Sad But True *queues Metallica song*

6. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Sad to see you go, don't think I ran into you in game but always enjoyed your posts.

It's not so much that people are quitting, it's the people that are quitting. Fair, reasoned, constructive (& in OP's case) 300 SP players. If rational people who are well on in SP find the grind excessive, what is in the devs' head thinking that your average player enjoys this stuff?

Hope you have a change of heart but best of luck
  7. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

I hear you. We have already absorbed what's left of a couple long standing / well known leagues and are now working on a third one. Honestly though, even with that happening we barely average as many players online each night like we used to. We're not even recruiting these new members. They are coming to us because of their relationships with our members in past instances or have see our league around for a while and their league has died off. Our own league is so much more inactive now that we have started removing members every month that have not longed in for at least 12 months. We are removing a around 10 ~ 15 characters per month at the current rate. I don't know if they are even looking at or keeping track of these types of population decay metrics. If they do, I really don't think they understand what is needed to turn this game around because this kind of stuff isn't it.

There is so much competition out there and it's only going to get tougher with each new game that is release (Destiny 2 anyone?). The only saving grace I think DCUO has is the attachment we have to our characters and the lack of other "Super Hero" MMO's. I personally have 7 toons that are all at least CR 189. I have spent a lot of time getting them to that point and it's really a struggle to abandon something I have spent so much time on. My league mates are also my friends and it's just so very hard to walk away from all of this without them. That being said, DCUO is making it easier day by day with the direction they are taking this game in.
    • Like x 3
  8. Malachee Committed Player

Somewhere...deep in DCUO headquarters...a Dev is reading this comment...and smiling...as he/she designs another Time Capsule.

As for the sentiments expressed by Anxient...there's more of us with you than you know. Take care.
    • Like x 2
  9. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

I use to run with The Anxient back when we were both Reapers. I enjoyed running stuff with him. Sorry to see him go, but I totally understand his decision to leave. I'm considering leaving too for some of the same reasons. This game is not even close to what it was when it first came out. It's a cash cow now. The fun is gone, and has been for awhile. My sub is up June 28th, and not renewing. Not only do I not enjoy the game anymore, but with money issues of my own to deal with, this game isn't worth it any more. I'll miss everyone I ran with, but the time has come. I may eventually come back, but for now it's so long. DCUO you were a fun game, but your time has come. The Devs just don't care about us anymore.
  10. Scotty Well-Known Player

After reading up on the "Final Straw" thread, l can not help but think that l was away for too long. The game sure has changed and after seeing how grindy AoJ is going to be l don't know if l am going to make it to the revamp. I am not done with AF3 yet, and now l have to grind a new dlc. In a way l am freaked. I do not want to get burned out to the point of no return, but even taking my time l still feel the end is near.
  11. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

The end is very near. I'd be shocked if this game makes it to 2018.
    • Like x 2
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Read the Announcements.
    The Grindy aspect about AOJ has just been reduced.
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

It's funny how many of you are starting to realise it now, I quit in October last year and feel amazing, haven't touched it since.
  14. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

But it will still be grindy. Yes it has been reduced, but it will still be grindy. People are rightfully upset with the direction of this game. It's no longer fun. It's become a job. As a result, people are leaving or will soon be leaving in droves. The reduced grinding that the Devs have announced is not enough to change our minds. Those of us who have chosen to leave aren't coming back. The game has lost its fun factor.
    • Like x 1
  15. Scotty Well-Known Player

The game losing the fun factor is what l'm afraid of, although l'm pretty close to that alteady.
    • Like x 1
  16. SuperBell Loyal Player

Don't grind. Play at your own pace. You don't have to keep up with the J'onzz's
    • Like x 4
  17. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

remember the days where T3 armor cost couple of hundred MoT and there is only like 3 raid.. sound like those day are coming back with AoJ...

people keep complaining about there is nothing to do in the game, when the developer make something take longer to accomplish, everyone complain about too much grinding..
  18. Boston Phantom Well-Known Player

The grind isn't the only reason why people are leaving. Too many powers have been nerfed, PvP isn't what it used to be, the Time Capsuls were a horrible idea, and people just think the Devs care about us. People are really mad, and are leaving or will soon leave in droves.
    • Like x 1
  19. Malachee Committed Player

Nicely done. :cool:
  20. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

This 110%

There is no pace in this game other than the pace set by the gamer playing it.

Update: dont misunderstand my comment as I'm not defending the game or the people choosing to finally quit. I agree with the majority of the players reasons for leaving...but I also have never liked the player imposed stigma of needing to have everything as quickly as possible.

I've always played at my own relaxed and enjoyed pace, one that does not add stress to my fun. I recommened it to everyone.
    • Like x 2